Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

Unless I need to clear my cache, I got this error:
bandits line 25496: Non-existent command ‘returnn’

1 Like

I just got that error too.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a double n in the numbers to words code, if i’m not mistaken.
(Bandits, to be precise)

2 Likes

The answer is no. Even if you keep them as prisoners…for their own good…they still bite it.

OH NO! I CANNOT “RETURNN” (sic)!!!

3 Likes

I had one game where my helot MC had raided House de Merre causing Horion to not reveal anything worth befriending him over. So my MC held Horion hostage and sent Linos off to deliver the ransom. When it became clear that no ransom would be forthcoming, my MC chose the option to release Horion. I never heard the fate of either of them again that game. If they are supposed to die at that point, the text never showed up for that playthrough.

1 Like

Correct. I made the same observation as well when I held them prisoners, and suggested the author mention them dying from say the Plektoi.

As for them dying, I seem to dimly recall some general info Havenstone gave that they weren’t to make it…but I can’t seem to find it. And I admit, I could be misremembering it as well.

1 Like

The entire point of Horion’s character is that he has no self-preservation instincts at all, so he’s probably dead no matter what happens. Not sure if the same holds for Linos.

3 Likes

Iget this error as well (25496)

Like the others, I’m getting a game-breaking error (male noble, intellect high and combat low) when I visit the sick helots in the second chapter: ‘bad variable returnn.’

Hiera Olymna, I think.

2 Likes

Right. I have returnned from a long weekend and apologize for leaving the dashingdon version buggy! Hope the one I just uploaded is working fine…

4 Likes

It seems to be working fine.

I did run into a continuity issue. This might well just be something I did funky.

Playing as a noble, if you have de Firiac as prisoner, and then either have her join you, or attempt to kill her/change your mind/let her join…then if you go on the Brecks raid, it seems if you choose the top choice when you draw her aside (something about the band not knowing better), you can run into the ‘romance her dialogue’ (such as kissing, etc.)

This is also bad when you are in Ch. 4, and she is pissed at the player for kidnapping her (legitimately so). But the combination of the romance dialogue, and then this makes her seem a little chaotic in thinking.

By the way, I do love this line you put it, especially if you deal with some deserters with de Firiac: “Is that truly all it takes to move me from love of your life to monster?”

1 Like

How do we successfully take down the tax collector?
Because #taxationistheft

The Architelone job requires a bit of deviousness. If you don’t have at least Int 1, you will either not get the information you need, or your informant will betray you to the law.

1 Like

And, the safest way is going after the Telone’s family. Although I do think the raid works if you’re an aristo and contact Ismene de Galis.

1 Like

Is there any way to save Breden during the food poisoning scene?

1 Like

sure man just get your morale up and theyll listen 2 u

1 Like

This is probably too minor to bother with, but after doing another quick play through where you can alter the religion (say with Breden’s help, a CHA 2 MC, or going the Skepticism route)…there is an interaction where you can decide what to do with nobles.

Now, if the MC is a noble, your choice will get a reaction out of your father. And Horion will react as well, if present.

I think de Firiac would have a reaction as well, and I could see Swineherd reacting at that point, especially with the Vengeance/Mercy extremes.

1 Like

Hey there, so there’s that part near the beginning where you tell Breden what you hate most about the hegemony?

Of the options there, there’s one that something like “they corrupted the religion”. But, what actually does the games religion practice?

Lots of things. :slight_smile: Keep reading the game to find out. But that choice is not so much about the religion as about the kind of character your MC is, and (eventually) the kind of rebellion you’re likely to end up leading.

8 Likes