Choice of Magics -- PLEASE SEND IN BETA FEEDBACK SOON

I’ve just sent out another seven or eight invites.

1 Like

I wasn’t in this batch, but as long you’re still inviting new testers I’m holding out hope! :slight_smile: I cannot wait to see what kgold has come up with.

There’s still the reset issue. Is that being looked into?

You’re the only one reporting that issue, MP.

Oh ffs :frowning: my Browser (chrome) is uptodate, how the heck does this happen?

@jasonstevanhill
I didn’t report this in my feedback because I played each playthrough in one sitting so I didn’t realise, but this happened to me on chrome too!

Do not test on Chrome. It doesn’t play well with choicescript. Use Firefox. :slight_smile:

I’ve never had this problem on chrome before, but I’ll run a quick test for this issue on Edge, too. I don’t have Firefox installed ATM.

It might (might) result in people on chrome and others not being able to testplay the game on browser

Firefox drops session too, both desktop n mobile. Tinkered JS chrome that plays CS offline produces same result.

1 Like

Oh thank gods, i’m not cursed. At least not in this regard.

Yep, Edge dropped my session too.

You’re not referring to the issue where ChoiceScript resets to the beginning of the chapter when there’s a new code push, are you?

At any rate, my branch is the same as master; I’m not working with a fork, as all my control flow stuff merged a while back and my bars are achieved with *scripts. So I think you’re reporting a general CS engine issue regardless.

2 Likes

Nope; resetting to the very beginning without any new code push.

Actually, there are quite a few changes in the new draft, moreso than any previous one. These include an armor shop that sells some expensive armor that lets you waltz through some climaxes, some new paths through the Vivomancy climax, and…well, okay, it’s still a pretty small percentage of the game I guess.

2 Likes

I noticed there’s now a ‘report bug’ button. Maybe that is causing an issue? Seeing that it’s not just a problem on chrome.

I am enjoying the game so far, but i’m not good at reading things in one go, so…

Ooow! I noticed that…

…you are using greek in there…

I loved it! Never knew i would encounter something like that!:heart_eyes: first was confused but then! Amazed!

1 Like

It’s been interesting living with the consequences of that. I wanted to have the ancients and the language of magic use a language that logically could have become, over two thousand years, the language that the characters are speaking, which is in fact English. So I hit Google Translate a ton to use a mashup of Greek, Latin, and French, the three major languages that contributed to English that I can most easily find recognizable cognates in. But I got a fair number of playtesters and editors “correcting my Latin” until I started more obviously twisting the words. Hence the golem saying “Dominex” instead of “Dominus” or “Domina,” and the use of “-ize” for verbs.

The Neighbors are supposed to have diverged from the same language, and I tried to represent this by making their speech more French.

6 Likes

I really enjoyed the blend, especially since I know a little French and even less Latin but I started picking some things up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is an amazing detail! Glad you did that and offered the time and all! :blush: