Choice of Kung Fu

Worth a purchase?
Still on the fence… Demo didn’t - quite - catch my interest.

I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is one of my favourite CoG out there right now, really well written and very satisfying to play through.

I buy the game and just finished and it was a totall waste of time for me I even want to repeat the game. the last part of game is so rushed blunt and anti climax that waste the rest of game all the game until the return to temple is almost perfect but the rest the character are odd and I never feel in scene I feel the writer get tired and decided end the game right there. the romance interest has less importance than a rotten pottato and your actions don’t matter only ask a stupid question to a bad described worst writen sage … what shame! it could be the best Cog with only a little polish

That doesn’t really do it justice… It’s not that bad, just lacking in research.

it’s my opinion @Wyrmspawn you have the yours. I don’t care the research I’m Spanish and is a fantasy setting but I get angry when a good story is wasted in the last half hour only need a little care in the last part really bad designed, so I give a 6 to a game that could have a 8 or a 9 and I don’t believe I never replay due to bad designed last part of the game, but it’s only my opinion you have yours

What’s with the update? Was anything changed at all?

And @MaraJade, it isn’t a fantasty genre story. Actually, it was possible to have “magic” as the game called it, but as time went by, when WuShu was banned from the common people for fear of rebellion, these secrets were lost. Anyway, it is still possible to use"magic", which is really the mastering of the subconscious mind through meditation.

Some theorists say that Bruce Lee had been trying to subdue his unconscious mind when he died, trying to achieve greater levels of physical fitness through “magic”. If you master your brain, you master your body, which means you can manipulate yourself completely. Unfortunately that full control means that you can stop your heart from beating if you’re not careful, or something like that. Any distractions while using “magic”, according to folklore, will kill you. So, this isn’t a game in the fantasy genre, but rather a game of the wuxia genre.

@Wyrmspaw sorry I don’t difference wuxia genre from fantasy maybe because the only game I played this type is Jade empire and I hate the Bruce lee and company films so for me is all the same.

I’m more from sci Fi role playing thing, so I really don’t appreciate if is accuracy or not.

but I understand why you differentiate it knowing the genre, for me the problem is the rushed last part end the problem but I still give it a six over ten

There is a significant intersection between Kung Fu (Wu Shu) and Chi Gung (Qigong) when it comes to energy work. The amount of intersection varies from art to art. Iron Shirt as performed by some Tai Chi practitioners is but one such example. It is unfortunately not always easy to separate truth from fiction in many of the old stories however, so the more outlandish tales need to be taken with a large grain of salt.

There are different directions from which such a story may be approached, and I disagree with the premise that there is only one correct way to approach such a tale.

I love choice of Kung Fu. I talked to the Dragon Sage twice but I think the ending when you don’t do it, is better.

Did anyone else receive an update prompt? If so, what was changed?

yeah I think is only solution for a technical bug like other updates I recive

I do recall a update but not sure what it was for if i remember right I think it was something like @MaraJade said just a bug.

It was for analytics, actually. We’re trying to start to understand how our business works (eg how many people click on the ads for our games and then actually buy one once they get to the iTunes store).

Popping by for a bit after my first playthrough. It’s been a while. o:

As someone who reads and watches quite a bit of wuxia (and was actually working on a wuxia game… back in… June… OTL), I didn’t really mind the way this story deviated from the norm. It had an interesting plot, enough deviating branches (that actually effected the story, hooray!), well-developed characters, and was a whole lot of fun. Frankly, that’s good enough for me.

I do have my complaints though. My question was “What is the first question?” and the ending it led to was… very abrupt and a little unsatisfying. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I would like know to what happened to all my pals back home. Feng, my baby, I’ll miss you QuQ. Though I guess, in context, my character wouldn’t have cared much about these things.

Now I want to at least finish my demo. @_@ I was playing through it the other day, and it seemed pretty ok, though lacking a bit in “meat”.

Actually I figure Feng wouldn’t mind an interspecies relationship with a dragon, yes I just picture them with a litter of multitailed dragons. :slight_smile:

Also I looked up dragon myths because I thought there were bits about people getting married to chinese dragons, I stopped after I found a legend in which a guy got a dragon as a father in law.

I know chinese dragons are hardly the monsters of european myth, but I can’t but help to picture a talk along the lines of “Be good to my little girl for you would taste great with a nice orange sauce.”

So if you find it in character maybe the newly dragon MC is going to the heavens to pick out a place before coming back for their love interest.

Chinese dragons are not like western dragons. There are some similarities in the head, and they both with four limbs.

Western dragons, from what I understand, are creatures of fire and demons.

True dragons, Chinese dragons, are of water and symbolise wisdom and luck. They are bringers of rain and, when angered, droughts. And they certainly don’t eat people.

How would you know if they ate people? There wouldn’t be any witnesses.

stsword, are you intentionally trolling?

Chinese dragons are mythical beings, and in the myths, they do not eat people.

How about chinese dragons loving swallows, and that if a man ate roast swallows a dragon might eat him by mistake?

I found the tale of the Foolish Dragon in which said dragon converses with monkey, who he plans on serving his wife as lunch. If you’re willing to eat something you can have a two way conversation with, man eating hardly seems like a big stretch.

How about the Taoist tale of Er Lang killing a dragon that was eating children it forced a village to sacrifice to it so it wouldn’t flood them?

Almost as if a huge, ancient country that has been composed of several different people and has hosted several religions might actually have more than one myth about dragons.