Choice of Games and Hosted Games Recommendations -- Consolidated Thread

So, here are some of my favorites of the past few years, mostly from CoG, but a few from Heart’s Choice and Hosted Games as well. All are strong in writing and/or worldbuilding; many are exceptional in both.

• Blood Moon - An urban fantasy in which you play a werewolf and vampires are the enemy. Lots of action and romance.
  • The Book of Hungry Names - A Werewolf: The Apocalypse game by the author of the beloved VtM game Night Road.
  • The Bread Must Rise - Like The Great British Bake Off, but with more necromancy. It’s hilarious and was nominated for a Nebula Award this year.
  • Changeling Charade - F/V romance game about a fairy who accepts a job impersonating a noblewoman.
  • A Crown of Sorcery and Steel - An epic high fantasy quest with great worldbuilding.
  • Donor - A horror game about a woman forced to match wits with vampires in a battle for survival.
  • The Dragon and the Djinn - An epic fantasy game based on Middle Eastern folklore.
  • Fallen Hero: Retribution - Sequel to Fallen Hero: Rebirth. If you haven’t played that one yet, play it first.
  • Freshman Magic: Spellbooks and Tangled Sheets - M/M romance set in a college of magic.
  • Ghost Simulator - It’s about a family who moves into a haunted house, and you’re the ghost.
  • Heart of Battle - You’re forced into the arena as a gladiator in a low-fantasy world.
  • I, the Forgotten One - A game about war and trauma in a world based on medieval Europe.
  • A Kiss from Death - You’re immortal, looking for someone to share eternity with.
  • Noblesse Oblige - A gothic romantic thriller set in the world of the popular Crème de la Crème.
  • Out for Blood - A Vampire: The Masquerade game in which you’re an ordinary human who moves to a small town full of vampires, by the author of Zombie Exodus.
  • Parliament of Knives - A Vampire: The Masquerade game full of political machinations.
  • The Play’s the Thing - You’re a playwright in a world reminiscent of Renaissance Europe, trying to make great art in a city in the thrall of a tyrant and a curse.
  • Professor of Magical Studies - A magical school story, only this time you’re the teacher instead of the student.
  • Royal Affairs - Another boarding-school story from the world of Crème de la Crème.
  • Siege of Treboulain - An all-around excellent game in which you’re the sovereign of a city under siege.
  • Sins of the Sires - A dark, brooding Vampire: The Masquerade game that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but was nominated for a Nebula Award last year.
  • Social Services of the Doomed - A hilarious urban fantasy with werewolves, vampires, and paperwork.
  • Stars Arisen - A unique fantasy in which you’re raised by your mother, a powerful sorceress deposed in a coup, to help her regain all that she lost.
  • Unsupervised - A witty and twisty game about teenagers with superpowers.
  • The Vampire Regent - A dark urban fantasy in which you’re the ruler of a city’s secretive society of vampires.

Also, keep an eye out for The Ghost and the Golem and Restore, Reflect, Retry, coming next month.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I appreciate all the work you put into writing descriptions.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions, about these games or any others. (I have played every CoG game going back over two years, every HC game except the most recent one, and quite a few HG games.) If you have favorite genres or themes you’re into, I might be able to tailor my recommendations more specifically to your tastes.

I don’t know if this is the right topic since I couldn’t find this game on the forum. I was searching for more games based in a summer camp after reading and loving Such Happy Campers.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/wip-such-happy-campers-demo-updated-may-12th-4-chapters-105-725-words/150222

I ended up finding this game on dashingdon.

https://campoverlook-if.tumblr.com/

https://dashingdon.com/play/hahaitsteatime/camp-overlook/mygame/

1 Like

Thank you so much for the mention, I’m super happy you’re enjoying Such Happy Campers <3

1 Like

Your welcome! The story seems interesting and I already love all the RO’s. Especially Basil :heart:

1 Like