Choice of Box: Help/Resource Site (Updated 04/22/16)

@Cecilia_Rosewood
I had a min and signal while getting loaded so fixed your links. Won’t be able to do anything more for the site really until this weekend.

Well, the links to the first WiP work. Those to the second WiP are still the same as before. Those are not all that important though, so please take your time.

@Cecilia_Rosewood Alright have fixed your links, miss the second set, sorry.

Had some downtime as they work on my truck so worked on the site some more. Have changed the theme and now using a standard format for all the WIPs. This is all I can get dne right now, will try and add more content this weekend as long as I have signal. Never no where I am am going to be lol.

Spent a few hours this morning adding WIPs, please help out by submitting your WIP.
Have added the following
KelaSaar ‘Team Zero’
Daisuke ‘A Draker Kind’
Daisuke ‘Just like Clockwork’
mattnoles ‘Legion of Rome’
AdolfMcSexy ‘Rise of the battle Mechs’
Teddie ‘Armstrong Base’
Alex Wolfenbarger ‘Dare to Dream’
grafmoonlight ‘Sun Killer’
Pale_strider ‘A Tale of Phil’
Royslyn_samalt06 ‘The better of two evils’
Aritourt and 13Ventrna ‘Natemares and Decay’
Saracenar ‘P.E.A.C.E.’
pateral18 ‘Secret Agent’
Rebelgirl and Roxy ‘Supernatural in New York’
Sijun Strydom ‘The Grand Slime’

Going through and adding many old WIPs but also throwing in new ones as well. Will spend another round next weekend adding more, have a vast library of content to add to the site but very limited time. Now to do some writing on my own project, you all have a great weekend.

1 Like

sitting here Tennessee taking my 34hr break and was trying to work on the site but signal keeps dropping out on me so will not be able to do much this weekend. Will try again next weekend. Sorry folks. Guess it’s a good day to just write on my game. :slight_smile:

*Edit
The rain finally stopped so was able to pick up signal. Have added the following WIPs
Tempus Fugit by K.L. Kaier
Zombie Exoduis: Safe Haven by Jim Dattilo
Guenaver by Jean Townsend
The Replica Trilogy SharpOne
The 6th legion by Vincent Pietersen

You can help speed up the process by submitting your wip to me, will be more then happy to place up here.

I also have all the, I believe, CSComp entries from 2014 and 2015 up.

Out of time for this week. Have a great week.

www.choiceofbox.com

I must apologize to all, have been very busy with other projects and have not done any work on the website. I was wondering if anybody might want to take over the redesign of the site. If so pm me, if not will try to get it done before I hold the comp this year.

2 Likes

So I sat down tonight to start working on the site but found the server is not letting me install anything. Over the years I have added and removed a lot of software and not been a true programmer have made a mess of things. I am stuck with doing it in html or buying another server which right now is not going to happen. Over the next few weeks I will be writing the new web pages, but with my job and current projects progress will be slow. I do intend to have it ready for the 4th CScomp which I am looking forward to.

1 Like

When is the 4th CScomp, by the way?

Sounds tough. I wish you the best of luck to get the site back in working order :four_leaf_clover:

I hope this year’s CScomp will be just as awesome as last year’s.

1 Like

We hold the comp for the month of May, judging happens through June and the winners announced at the start of July.

Sounds like I’ll have to volunteer as trib… ehm, judge, this year then. (May is going to be final thesis crunch time. Should have plenty of time to spare in June though.)

1 Like

I have the site up but still working on getting all the info back up. All the CScomp is up and have the layout completed for works in progress. I am hoping to get a bunch up there over the weekend. Snippets and toolbox will come later.

http://www.choiceofbox.com/index.html

*Edit I should note the site is note mobile friendly yet. I plan on writing a css file for that, hopefully on my next update.

1 Like

Wanted to point out one of the links to last year’s CS-comp entries doesn’t give the title and name of the author.

It should be Moon’s Light by Mary

2 Likes

Thanks for the spot will try and get to it later today.

It would be interesting to see which entries won for the years that have been posted.

Yes it would lol. I will be sure to add that on thanks.

Wow, just seen your ‘how to see other Games’ code link’ on Choice of Box, among others. Very useful learning resource. . . thanks!