Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Nasty! Do not like the sound of that!

Yeah its really bad, just be thankful you didnt have to listen to 15 violins to that at the same time shudders

1 Like

Just the thought of that makes me want to vomit!

If I had a dollar for a every time someone mentioned a known glitch or bug, I’d have enough money to build a time machine and travel to the future when this is finished and published.

12 Likes

Who is everyone’s favorite choice for dad?

I like Poseidon. C=

Probably because of Percy Jackson.

I like Hades. Probably because I like the idea of being the son of the god of the underworld.

7 Likes

Personally I favor Poseidon. I feel betrayed when Hades, our uncle, was actually our dad. Usually all my MC’s who’s father is Hades hate him. I feel like Zeus would just use the bearer for bragging rights. “Who gave birth to the bearer? That’s right I did!”

With Poseidon I get a good Dad vibe. Maybe it’s because I used to favor the Percy Jackson series.

5 Likes

Definitely Hades. That would put him as the father actually involved with the MC’s life and raising them.

7 Likes

I like all the three, they have a different advantages for mc to use, so it’s just depends on what my mc personality and what I like at the time

I find Poseidon the hardest to get the right stats for.

What I remember is choose to not kill Saxon and have strength as highest status

That, or wit. I’ve always gotten Poseidon as my MC’s father with that strategy.

Literally all you have to do is NOT kill the boy and you’re guaranteed.

4 Likes

Hades. Headcanon is that he only took up the whole Uncle Henry identity thing because this was the only way he could be part of the MC’s life – which is major kudos from me

Poseidon is a far second but definitely leagues away from Zeus. Like fish dad seems to want to be (your father) but seems (imo) to more genuinely understand if you don’t want him to

And if you tell him you’re willing to give him a shot, he’s so delighted and over the moon about it (lowkey but you can tell) and am just //clutches heart

5 Likes

Poseidon. Ever since I got him during my first playthrough (before the bug and all), it felt right. He might not be the most interesting of the gods, but I’ve always been more interested in him than Hades and Zeus (even though Hades intrigues me a lot too).

For me it really took after my love of the ocean.

Actually, there are two different ways to get Poseidon as the Bearer’s father.

If the Bearer did kill Saxon, then they do need to have Strength as their highest stat by a certain point.

HOWEVER

if the Bearer DIDN’T kill Saxon, then they will always get Poseidon as their father, no matter what their highest stat is.

As for who my favorite father is, it’s also Poseidon. From a gameplay view, Poseidon Bearers can be somewhat more diverse in terms of stats due the way Poseidon is obtained, which gives me more room to develop the Poseidon Bearers with different types of strengths.

From a story view, Poseidon feels like the most neutral of the possible fathers. Yes, the fact that he seems to not automatically take a side does make it come off that one of his likely flaws is indecision, but it also come off as the fact he can see things with a somewhat more clearer picture out of all the possible fathers. He also seems like he has the least selfish reasons for wanting to bond with the Bearer, so the family situation also feels the most stable with the God of the Sea.

But, story-wise, Hades and Zeus also are interesting in their own way.

From a drama perspective, it is definitely Hades that seems the most interesting. He’s already got something complicated going on with Persephone and Athena, but if he ends up being the Bearer’s father , Priscilla also gets added to the mix in some way. There’s also the fact that he had been part of the Bearer’s life for most of their childhood, only to disappear for a good number of years and just suddenly come back as Hades. Adding the fact that he’s their father in this case, and the Hades Bearer certainly has the most reasons out of all the Bearers to possibly have a rather rough relationship in the beginning with the God of the Underworld.

From a family development view, I find myself the most curious about Zeus and how being his child will effect some things. Like, I wonder if it is even possible for the Bearer to develop a strong familial bond with the King of the Gods or create a sense of kinship with Zeus demigods (who are extremely competitive with each other for their father’s attention). And it’s possible to get a even more in-depth look into Hera and how she reacts (and, very likely, tries to hinder) the Bearer while they are on their journey.

7 Likes

Does this gane finish on Artemis’ “test”?

No idea; all we know at the moment is that Artemis, Hades, Athena, and Ares are going to be the ones who will be doing the Trials (and that’s not even taking into account if some of the Gods may interfere in some way). We don’t know what order the Trials will happen, but it is confirmed that Artemis’ Trial is first.

2 Likes