Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Just take a look at the myths about Zeus’ illegitimate children and you’ll have your answer.

4 Likes

“Hey, Herakles! Was Hera a great foster mother?”
“Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No.”

3 Likes

I’ll let Kelsie finish the post, as there’s no point in ruining a good thing. As of the last update before the “Hospital Bug”, however, we don’t have any clue about Hera’s reaction. In fact, the only reaction of that sort that we could have read is from Athena and… another character (not a god/goddess, but not quite a regular demigod).

EDIT: And there’s always the FAQ in the top post, so…

1 Like

I’m quite familiar with those stories! I think Poseidon is the only one of the big three that won’t have a wife being po’d with him on Children of the Gods!

1 Like

Actually, we not even meet his wife yet even without the bug, so we don’t know for sure about that

Actually the bigger question is if she exists in this universe at all :))

There was a relatively minor discussion on her ages ago though

True, I actually just recently know she even exist at all :sweat_smile: but it’s kinda weird if poseidon wife doesn’t show up when his brothers wife appear

To be fair she’s relatively a not so prominent deity for us since a lot of the myths surrounding her are lost (if memory serves right) in comparison to other gods and goddesses

Yeah, I not even sure is she can go to land since It seems she mainly just in water (or poseidon territory)

Isn’t Poseidon’s wife Amphitrite, and isn’t she a goddess of the sea? I mean, I’d expect her to at least make an appearance but since Poseidon has illegitimate children all the time I don’t think she’d be very surprised about it…

7 Likes

I never actually thought about Poseidon having a spouse. I should have, considering both Hades and Zeus have one, but I didn’t. :confused:

It’ll be interesting with Uncle Henry actually being Dad…

2 Likes

WALL OF TEXT AHEAD

She’s the personification of the sea rather than the goddess of it (imo, she’s arguably a titan/some primordial deity) but source material isn’t as rich comparatively speaking – like there’s a lot less about her compared to Hera (who has a shit ton of stories surrounding her, though that’s probably because of Zeus) or Persephone (who also has a fair amount of stories surrounding her, though probs not as quoted as Hera’s) in so far as the trinity spouses are concerned.

So that gives Rohie a lot of flexibility if she decides to include her, but as is, all that’s mostly known about her (with the very few texts) that actually bother to mention her:

1. She’s the eldest of the 50 Nereids (sometimes some sources say Oceanids)

2. She’s either very kind or very jealous (there is no in between) – one story has her throwing some magic herbs in a bath of a girl that Poseidon had a crush on which made said girl into a monster, and iirc there’s one passage in Jason + the Argonauts where he exalts her for making their trip easy or something

3. Though having said that, she actually didn’t want to marry Poseidon – he had to send dolphins to convince her to marry him (which she eventually did, though she originally fled for the hills when she heard he wanted to marry her lmao)

4. She did at least welcome Theseus home (even if he might be the kid of her husband and another woman, stories aren’t very clear on his parentage but most of them attribute him to be Poseidon’s son)

5. Mostly known for being the consort of Poseidon/mom of Triton (among other kids)

So yes, Rohie does have leeway should she want to develop her but since Amphritite arguably lost a lot of influence in Ancient Greece (or we just lost a shit ton of her stories so we’ll never fully know if she was that important or not) so idk if this is something she wants to do?

Not saying that seeing her/having her mentioned is bad, it’s just that most of her importance as a sea deity got relegated to Poseidon. And if so, not sure what Rohie can write with her without cluttering the plot too much since her position as a deity isn’t as venerated/important

If it’s just to include her as a consort, I’d probably prefer it if she pretty much goes “nah, we’re amicably divorced and he can go sleep with whoever he wants – and he does that anyway” --> just as a nod to original myth that she wasn’t totally fond of the idea marrying the guy but did so

18 Likes

I have a question (sorry if this has been already asked) i know that there is a bug that stops some readers from reading past a certain point, but some have been able to read past it. Is it because the bug affects an certain amount of readers ? (i know the bug will be gone by the next update but i was just too curious and i had to ask)

The bug came out of nowhere one day and proceeded to create a barrier for both old and new readers, preventing them from advancing the story with mysterious arcane magic.

There was a point that the demo was working fine in the past (a good number of months back, if I’m recalling it correctly), so a good number of us were able to see the story up until the First Trial’s beginnings.

10 Likes

“Artemis, Apollo, was Hera a great step mom?”

Joint Grimaces

6 Likes

Omniscient haven’t heard of divine “CONTRACEPTION” techniques

1 Like

Perhaps it doesn’t work for them?

1 Like

I learn something new everyday in the forums. This being one of the most interesting thing I learned so far.

And because I was curious about how coding with Choicescript worked in the games like Children of the Gods I must get this off my chest. :smile:

:smiley:

I’VE SEEN THINGS. :astonished: ONE PARTICULAR THING FROM THE STAT CODES THAT I REALLY WANT TO DISCUSS IN A SPOILER TAG BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS/THEORIES ABOUT IT.

But I’m not sure if I can since it’s technically from the code and not something that showed up in the demo at the moment. :sweat_smile:

If user can know the story by checking game code why not? And you always can just blur it. I admit I curious about what you found also since I can’t access it in phone