Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I’m not saying that Zeus is going to be a good parent; his aloofness and selfishness are very evident, and even if he cares about the Bearer, love itself is a double edge sword. Just that in some ways he’ll try to show his care as time passes.

The rumor about the Bearer being his favorite honestly comes off as foreshadowing for what experiences the Bearer may have with Zeus and Hera. In the original opening, it was hinted that as he held the baby Bearer, he did feel some hint of affection for them (regardless if the child in his arms is his own or not). And it’s pretty obvious that Hera isn’t too fond of the Bearer herself. So I can see a non-Zeus Bearer getting a lot of more grief from her due to her sense of wounded pride due to the Bearer’s lack of ‘blood ties’ with Zeus yet Zeus STILL favors them (I really do feel like she’d actually prefer that Bearer WAS related to Zeus in some way). And I can see Zeus trying to create some type of bond with the Bearer (no matter the background) due to either some genuine affection for the Bearer or his (possibly) genuine affections for their mother Priscilla.

That said, I found his reaction to the Bearer wanting to attempt to give him a chance somewhat interesting, which kind of makes me think that. He seemed genuinely relieved about the choice and seems about to say something before just shaking his head. Like even he knew that it is a bit much to have expected the Bearer to be willing in any way to have a familial bond with him (not that he would admit to it in any way). My impressions of the scene, of course.

Pan is a bit indifferent to bonding with Daddy Dearest Zeus. Not because he hates the guy, but because he already had parental figures in his life when he needed it the most and he’s at a point where his independent nature is at its strongest, so he’s not look for anyone’s approval (he’s just going to do what he wants). That said, Pan is willing to give a chance to his father, though he won’t be the type to actively seek out the God, and will simply interact when the God seems willing to initiate interactions. Nyx (his daughter) is just as self-assured as Pan and while she’s more likely to try to start the interactions between her and her father due to her more outspoken and friendly nature, it’s no skin off her nose if the guy can’t do it.

Ironically (and possibly much to Hades’ dismay), I feel like Damon would actually be more likely to create a sense of kinship with Zeus first before rekindling a relationship with Hades. He’s not really looking for a father figure; just someone to acknowledge his growing strength. And as selfish and aloof as Zeus is, Damon would probably find it more honest than his Uncle’s cryptic words and habit for dancing oddly around a issue. There’s also the fact that he’s got a more neutral solid ground with Zeus and the other gods (though with understandable wariness involved), while Hades is unfortunately on very shaky grounds with Damon after the reveal that he is Damon’s father.

2 Likes

I think Rohie said tht Zeus’s approach to parenting is only to get involved if smth is to be gained (he obviously stands to gain a lot frm a Bearer tht is amenable to him).
Anyway! I know we’re all waiting for the update, but I have a new Hades, lmfao.

I love tht second look so much. Hades in a slinky suit with a rose label pin :love_letter:.

13 Likes

Hades looks like a Yakuza to me.

6 Likes

Hmm hades a big time yakuza dude :thinking::thinking::thinking:I could see it real easy. :flushed:

3 Likes

@gia Yay for more Hades FC’s :))

[I’m living for extra diverse Olympus tbh, like Aphrodite being East Asian/Korean or Hera being black (iirc) was something I personally was excited over – and more or less canon!MC for my runs are SEAsians, but that’s something for another day]

Personally, mine is still Daniel Henney because

JUST

LOOK

AT

HIM

2 Likes

I love seeing people’s personal headcanons for everything :heart_eyes:

For me, I keep seeing Poseidon as a very bearded Christian Bale:

Because he’s my MC, Phoebe’s, father. :slight_smile:

For Hades, I will follow the flow of Asian face claims and pick Lewis Tan as my face of choice:

I am very unsure about Zeus… I don’t think much of him in terms of face. Sean Bean, maybe?

BONUS:
I like to match Aphrodite with Tang Wei:

And Athena with Rose Byrne:

Finding faces for the characters is so much fun :smiley:

6 Likes

whelp Zues is guaranteed to die now, he has the Sean bean curse…

7 Likes

Richard Sharpe as Zeus…that fits oddly well…

3 Likes

You said Lmfao, is Lmfao his name??? and Lmao his younger brother?(obviously none of you would understand this if you have not seen EmoJihad

In my headcannon, everyone looks like Shel Silverstein

1 Like

Welp! I’m getting an error whenever I reach the point where you wake up in a white place where there’s a girl who asks how are you and all

Error: - line 109: Not a number: False

3 Likes

It’s a known bug that won’t be fixed until next update.

2 Likes

Since she is already the embodiment of love and beauty how about Deedee Magno Hall for Aphrodite?

4 Likes

Deedee is a goddess walking among men. Such a sweetheart! Those are some pretty old photos of her, although she still looks gorgeous and hasn’t lost her youthful charm! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I agree. Her voice is also perfect for it.

1 Like

Headcanon for Athena is Catriona Balfe and Aphrodite originally was Fan Bingbing to me

But then iirc, Rohie said that she’s explicitly “Korean” (or at least takes the form of a Korean woman) so I’m probs changing it to Kim Tae Hee

Idk though, still up in the air for a lot of my FC’s so :))

1 Like

Considering how good the demois, it sucks that when you choose to go the brooding hero dialouge in the infamary scence there os an error with the codes(sorry for terrible spelling. Probably.).

1 Like

To be honest (if we go by Aeson’s words about being careful about putting much trust in any of the gods), ALL the fathers have something to gain from a Bearer who is willing to create a connection with them. Even Hades, who claims to be willing (to an extent) to work in secret alongside Athena for the sake of of the Bearer, which causes her to laugh humorlessly as she brings up the fact that Zeus, Hades, the other Gods, and even herself are all apparently doing what they feel is good for the Bearer in the long run yet ‘they all have different ideas of what is best in the end’ (gotta give Athena points for bringing that fact up).

And while it is very clear that Zeus has the most selfish reasons for liking the Bearer (kinda curious who he likes the best or with most honesty: the Bearer or the Bestower), it doesn’t automatically mean that there isn’t some genuine affections under the selfishness. Not that he affections will be displayed effectively or in a healthy way; just that it might exist and he may eventually show it in some odd way.

5 Likes

Which also worries me with Athena tbh. Like I really want her as a reasonable mom figure but am very afraid her love for the MC might turn into too controlling (even if it’s coming from a concerned place – benefit of the doubt feels).

Having said that though, what I want at this point is like the option to play the MC as the kid in a messy divorce (between Hades and Athena). Which hopefully gets resolved cordially – like they might never be okay with each other again but they can put differences aside for the MC

Which we do see in shades with Hades at least but still. More reactions from the MC seeing their parental figures falling out and dealing with it (on top of being the hopespot of the gods and what not)

6 Likes

I’m really hooked to this story since it’s interactive enough which I really find enjoyable in a CoG, plus, how we can mold our own character a lot, seeing this is a greek mythology inspired is a plus! But I keep getting getting errors it keeps appearing at the part where my MC has woken up and a female gets a shock seeing her up and about? how do you fix this?