Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Im guessing that everyone has the Line 120 error pop up when they meet that girl. If i just missed something or its just a glitch and i have to restart the game please tell me. Thank you.

@Zadit

It’s a bug that currently prevents us from getting farther in the story’s demo, yes :sweat_smile: (not sure what caused it to suddenly surface though). It will likely be fixed in the next update.

A number of us have played the demo to its original fullness though, so if you’re curious about certain things, you could always ask.

1 Like

Hmmm…Okay i see it seemed a little strange as most demos have the play again feature but thank you for informing me that it is on purpose!

@Zadit

Oh, the demo doesn’t actually end after you meet Avery though; it’s supposed to end during the first few moments of the First Trial. That is why there is no play again choice.

The bug is not on purpose; it’s something that came up unexpectedly a while ago (sorry, should’ve clarified that).

oh its fine, i have patience and will wait untill they update it then… I played it a couple time before i made a account probably a couple of weeks ago but i went on holiday and every time i played i would run into a glitch and give up or choose the wrong option so i missed out on the trials bit and everything after you run away from the seekers for the first time. :cry:

If you want to spin it really positively though: it might mean Rohie has been tweaking/adding codes so there is progress that we haven’t yet seen

//keeps fingers crossed on this

2 Likes

At this point the mc is 17 already, for most people that’s nearing the end of their “growth spurts” anyway. While some guys do have a(nother) “late” one between 20-24 it is usually less pronounced in effect, not to mention if the mc does get to have one of those then it is likely Aeson or Saint or both will too. Since even if we select “tall” we’re always notably shorter then those two I don’t think the mc is ever going to catch up using natural means.

When it comes to the musculature while with the current rewrite it is already less dire then I once assumed. I imagine due to their enforced lifestyle that has not been conducive to keep up a gym membership they’d likely have been limited to bodyweight training and whatever exercise they naturally got. So the mc would have the build of someone who greatly prioritizes cardio. At best that looks something like this:

While nice and fit by the standards of most people it would still pale compared to the sculpted supermodel “Greek God” physiques of both of his “brothers”.

As for steroids specifically. I already mentioned them being a shortcut, if Aeson and Saint were able to get where they are in terms of physique and musculature “naturally” it is highly plausible the mc could catch-up with 2-3 years of the same sort of diet and exercise schedule.
Possibly 1-2 years if we could get the sort of team top athletes have around them, coach, physician, nutritionist, etc (which we don’t, so it’s going to cost more time). Unfortunately time is one luxury our mc’s do not get in this game, so when it comes to the actual gameplay I guess my mc is doomed to always look like the runt of the family.

The main other consideration here might be that:
a) Aeson does seem the type to use his “magic” to cheat a bit when it comes to enhancing his heroic stature. Which might make him less “natural” to begin with and unfortunately our mc’s do not have anywhere near the control over and finesse with “magic” that Aeson has. So we couldn’t ever hope to match him if that hypothesis of mine proves true. :disappointed:
b) The related issue that the full essence is likely going to turn the mc into a physical wreck even if that stupid demogod body does allow us to survive the process for more then a year.
c) Which might be counteracted with that “immortality” reward which would come I think at the cost of freezing our body, physique, musculature, height etc at the exact state they’re in when we receive said “reward” which would be nice for Aeson and not so nice for my mc as it pretty much ensures he cannot change much physically anymore.

1 Like

Is there a way to romance helena of troy?

2 Likes

No, there isn’t and this is something the author has already discussed :slight_smile: I doubt anyone from an in game flashback of our past lives is going to be.

2 Likes

Unless aforementioned is Aeson in the MC’s past life then reincarnation romance indeed

But yes as gia pointed out, Helen is unavailable. RO’s atm are Adonis, Calypso, Aeson, Santi, Avery, and Sage :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh shit, I totally forgot! It was the Bearer’s birthday on the 14th!

And Aeson’s, but nobody cares.

1 Like

And probably Saint’s, too?

1 Like

I want to be The God of war!

Belated Happy Birthday Bearer and Bestower? May Rohie treat you with kindness and preferably earn your happy ending type of story ;A;

12 Likes

May you live past 18, instead of dying because of essence induced bodily decay lmfao.

8 Likes

In speaking of: what would your MC’s want for their birthday (beyond the intangible/more abstract stuff)

1 Like

I wonder if the bearer would even want anything specific or acknowledge their birthday since they’d been on the run for so long. I’m sure it would be cute if they got a little party to make up for the missed birthdays over the years. :blush:

9 Likes

If the gang actually threw a party for the MC mine would probably cry

6 Likes

With immortality would come sufficient time to learn how to use the MC’s powers so there is no real need to bargain for anything other than that. When the MC is sufficiently skilled at using those powers, anything else can be secured by the MC.

Regarding the first trial, I would prefer it to be an accumulation of the MC’s choices rather than luck. Luck just means if the player dislikes the outcome then the player should restart the game.

In addition to spending time with ROs, I would say spending time with Hades and Athena. I actually don’t mind the current bug where Poseidon is always the MC’s father. My MC views Hades as the only father figure the MC has ever known and could honestly care less who has that title biologically.

@Rohie On the subject of recognizing parent figures, I realize this was not one of the topics about which you sought feedback, but I would like the option at the ceremony for the MC to perform the ceremony with either Hades or Athena regardless of who the biological father is. Since Hades already has a bowl for the ceremony, just walking up to him and performing the ceremony in front of Hades would be a nice option. Athena does not have a bowl but performing the ceremony in front of her would also be a powerful statement of the MC’s loyalties.

When the MC is eventually tried for the deaths of Seekers, I would like the option to basically state in front of the court that my MC regrets only failing to end a public menace by not killing the rest of the homicidal maniacs that were chasing the MC when they had already killed at least one innocent. It is sometimes said that teenagers act like they are going to live forever, but in the case of the Bearer, even if the current incarnation is executed the Gods simply do not have the power to kill the Bearer. So my MC would prefer to openly tell Olympus that the Seekers attacked the MC thus earning their fate, but if the Gods want to murder the MC then go ahead. My MC would prefer to further state that even if some future incarnation does not bring the Gods to justice, then the Gods will still face the wrath of Cronus. My MC would also like to remind Olympus that the trial would hardly be the first time the Gods have caused the deaths of the Bearer and Bestower.

11 Likes

SLAMS SUPPORT BUTTON

YO

YOOOOOO

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA

Idk how this factors into the lore if ever but I am so so so game for this to happen

19 Likes