Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I was just joking (thanks for worrying about me :blush:)
I have a friend who says I’m dead because I have a really high tolerance so I always end up drinking a lot more than my friends when we go out and only end up half as drunk :sweat_smile:

Also because I’m always the only one sober enough I’m always taking care of those who exaggerate…

I’m confused by this, I restarted my phone and opened the game in a new tab but no luck.

2 Likes

It’s a bug, it won’t be fixed until the next update.

1 Like

@squarelyblue I took a shot

1 Like

And so it begins lmao

DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Random: drunk bearers and possibly underage drinking in Olympus?

3 Likes

I feel this is appropriate.

16 Likes

[details=Drunk Bearer]I can’t really see any of my bearers indulging too often. From an economic standpoint, they’d rather not waste their money on something that’s relatively frivolous (and, for that same reason, opted not to get tattoos–that, and it’d make them easier for the Seekers to find them). Related to that is the almost-constant need for them to be aware of their surroundings–anything that could impair their judgement or ability to escape is a potential death sentence. Aunt Alice didn’t raise a fool for a Bearer.

Now, once they’re in a more stable environment, they’ve probably felt more willing to try some. Evander, for example, is more of a beer-drinker. He’s okay with wine, but it’s not his favorite (sangria, however, is delicious). I wouldn’t be shocked if Athena let him try some wine when he was younger, but only a sip or two every now and them. His first “real” experience was probably with a half-drank bottle of Bud Light at a bus stop one night in L.A. It wasn’t the greatest thing he’d ever tasted, and turned him off of drinking beer as something to enjoy for… maybe a couple of months at least, but it managed to stave off the hunger. But once he’s in Chicago, things are easier. (As a bit of a self-insert, while he’s okay with drinking the occasional Bud or Miller, he was a little spoiled with the craft beer there.)

As for if/when he gets drunk, he’s typically more subdued. Not bubbly-drunk or angry-drunk, but more of a drunk that sort of just sits there and relaxes. He’d probably feel sleepy also. Now, if he’s already pretty happy, it might make him feel a little more talkative and expressive (he’s typically stoic and introverted, although Saint is managing to bring out the more choleric side of him every now and then). If, however, he’s in a bad mood… he’ll try to see himself out before he explodes on someone–as the son of Poseidon, while he’s typically mellow, he’d probably have a similar temper if worse came to worst. Seeing as he already tries to be a decent person, plus the fact that he’s the Bearer with a load of expectations (and the sort of luck he’s managed to have so far), I highly doubt he’ll be drinking too much.[/details]

Underage Drinking

The drinking culture of Ancient Greece was never my specialty when reading or studying history, but I’m pretty sure it was common for those 13 and older to be drinking wine (however watered down it may have been). Given the influence of modern culture, however, there might be a few complications. Children born and raised in America, for example, might have mortal parents that would feel different about drinking at that age. Though, by what little I’ve read, drunkenness would probably be something discouraged in Olympian society.

1 bottle and 3 sips of vodka later… (I was already drinking before)

Drunk Bearers

I only have one bearer: Nyx. And she’s pretty much me if I were in that situation so she drinks a lot more than what could be considered normal, especially for a 17 yo (like me) and although she can drink pretty much everything her beverage of choice is vodka (like me).

She disapproves of drugs though.

Unrelated: none of the details I try to hide with the details=Summary] [/details] is working; anybody got a clue why?

1 Like
<--- an arrow

This is hidden

On a related note. My Bearer, much like me, does not like the taste of alcohol.

1 Like

Put a space after the first tag.

I wonder what a frat house on Olympus looks like :thinking:

1 Like

Do you think they have a mechanical Minotaur? :thinking:

1 Like

“Come on dude, you got to stay on the bull for at least 10 minutes to win!”

And wine god is invited to every single party.

4 Likes

Sadly I don’t think my Bearer drinks much and if he tried I think he’d find that his problems are far too good at swimming (really what aren’t Aeson and Saint better than him at?) to drown like that. :disappointed:

If my mc takes any drugs it would probably have to be of the stimulant variety, things that actually help him stay awake and focused longer. Though with Aeson, Saint and all the other elite male demigods looking like well Greek Gods he might be tempted to the steroid short-cut as well by now.

Won’t that ensure he’s always shorter?

We should have a chance to play Thunder. It’s simple, you put on AC/DC Thunderstruck and whenever you hear Thunder you chug until the next Thunder and then the next person chugs and you repeat the process. The song is for reference and remember everyone, your shotgun speed should be lower than your GPA.

1 Like

… What…? :confused:

2 Likes

Kinda like Roxanne.
Split into two groups and sit on opposite sides of the room. Put on Roxanne by The Police, and when the song goes “Roxanne” one side of the room stands up and drinks, and when they say “Red Light’” the other side of the room does the same.

If you’re not familiar with the song; it says both lines alot.

Did you mean thanatos?

Also, this:

What is this, what is this, what is this? You feel the tendrils of confusion snake up and grasp at your minds, tightening around it, leaving you light-headed. How is this possible? You’re far from ignorant in magical orrcurances but…teleportation? Being in one place one second and another the next?

And this: “[…] Though it usually nesecitates a shitload of power.”

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure @Rohie doesn’t want spelling and grammar fixes, she has a team of private testers she trust for that.

Oops. I’m sorry, I just didn’t know. :speak_no_evil: