Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

My personal theory as of now leans towards that but with a little bit of an inheritance thing? Like let’s say Aphrodite dies, her powers/essence roams until it finds a next suitable vessel. If any of her kids are near by, most likely it’ll go to them (if multiple kids are present then the one who is most intuned to it gets it). So whoever inherits, ascends to pretty much godhood?

[One might ask if this is the case, why don’t some of the kids murder their god parent for their power? Well. Because they’re still gods so very very slim chance of winning unless you are the Bearer or something]

Now if the MC is present, idk if it would be more/less attracted to them. Like theoretically it should be more but I mean let’s give them a power limiter please :))

4 Likes

Who knows; maybe The Bearer/Bestower’s connection to their Essence acts more like a power amplifier than a power drainer. Maybe what makes them even more valuable is that they can cause a Demigod/Demigodess to be more connected to their source and gives them access to abilities that normal Demigods/Demigodesses aren’t able to use that their Godly parent can.

That way, the Bearer and Bestower are still vulnerable to things that any mortal/Demigod can die from, but their ability to amplify the powers of those around them gives them the ability to be protected effectively by those close to them. Like a royal who is able to inspire their most devoted, loyal knights to feats that they normally would not think possible to achieve.

Right now, all we can really guess until the next update.

3 Likes

I don’t think a god’s part of the Essence would significantly change MC’s power level, after all they didn’t get much of it to beginn with and much less as all the titans Cronus killed to collect the Essence had at their disposal, so a power limiter would be wrongly placed if it intervenes at that point.

I still think the Bestower is supposed to be the power limiter/fail safe in that situations. And after all the Bearer-Bestower situation is far off from how the Essence “normally” would behave, as it’s a condition that got constructed by outside influence. Really could be that Cronus has a way to just instant limit/take out the Essence besides the Bestower, it’s his construction after all.

1 Like

I don’t know; while Cronus has forced the Essence into two forms and placed them into a vessel that more often than not collapses due to power overdose, I don’t feel like he’s as in control as he wants to be or tries to believe himself to be out of arrogance. He may have created the situation the Essence is in, but he certainly doesn’t seem to have much control over their actions for each of the lives the reincarnated into.

If he was truly able to have a strong control on the Bearer/Bestower’s existence, wouldn’t he have used his powers to influence people to simply influence The Bearer/Bestower themselves to come to him instead of influencing other Demigods to deal with the Bearer? He wasn’t even able to effectively deal with this incarnation of the Bearer, who had a blocker that limited their powers and was simply a teenager forced to think on their feet to deal with the possessed, more formally trained Seekers that were hunting them. If he finds it so easy to deal with Demigods with deadlier training and lack of a blocker to their powers yet finds it much more difficult to deal with the much more weakened Demigod Bearer, can we really say that his control on the Essence’s existence truly strong in any way?

3 Likes

I meant that more in a sense to make it unusable for everybody at least in form of the Bearer-Bestower system. The gods obviously are not able to absorb the Essence, otherwise Cronus would have done it long ago, the Bearer/Bestower on the other hand puts it into a form that’s able to be utilized. So when I say Cronus may has an option to take the Essence out of the game I mean it in a form that will make it unusable for everybody including him, as that would be better as to have it used against himself. I didn’t meant that he can control it, just that he needs to have a way to avoid people using it against him even when that means he himself can’t use it anymore either (a scenario that Cronus’ has every reason to avoid as it would make all his work to collect the Essence basically useless).

I mainly think that the Bestower is meant to be the fail safe, but should they really die after transfering the Essences as some suggest (a theory I’m strongly opposed to tbh, as it would just bring useles drama into the story without having much use for the story, the conflict or even Aeson’s character. And if that’s the case it would destroy the elegant solution and explenation for the use of the Bestower and would make this convulent option only just necessary. Nah, I prefer the Bestower as the failsafe as it’s also a sufficent way to limit the Bearer’s power without contradicting that the Essence is basically the power that created the universe), then it would be unwise to not have a way to just make the Essence unusable for everybody by setting it free again/reversing whatever Cronus did to put the Essences in one spot so it could be reborn as souls (still pretty sure that this mysterious hibernation place plays a role for that whole deal, what by the way could not just make Cronus’ displeasure to destroy his work with the Essence a reason why he can’t just let them drop dead at the spot, but also that he may needs to travel to said place to reverse/dissolve whatever keeps the Essence part of the reincarnation circle).

2 Likes

Sorry if you already know this, I’m on mobil so searching the thread is a challenge. When I selected “I’m not suppose to go with strangers” after leaving the magic shop and got an error message and a blank page.

1 Like

Never encountered that evefore. Try clearing your cache and see if it works. If not then it’s a new bug.

That might be it, I just got something similar on “There are some things…” when you first meet a hooded figure. Will try the fix and report back.

Yeah, cleared my cache and hit it again in both places “Line (insert number here): Not a number: false” is the error message if that helps.

I think having a god as a preset would be better(that is if I can pick which god to be my father) anyway I think it would be a good idea because it allows you MC to be more open with his stats if you know what I mean because what if you want allure to be your highest stat but you also want hades to be your father but you could only choose one which basically limits the characters ability to have more points in in the stat they want but can’t.Now here is another reason IT IS STRESSFUL TRUST ME ON THAT I’VE BEEN FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE I HAVE WIT AS MY HIGHEST STAT SO I CAN HAVE HADES AS A FATHER I’M NOT SURE ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE BUT FOR ME IT IS STRESSFUL UNTIL I GET TO THE PART WHERE IT TELLS ME WHO MY FATHER IS(also this might be a bug i’m not sure I actually messaged you about this not sure if you got it or not but I had wit as my highest stat but got poseidon every time just wanted to let that out) Ok those are my reasons why I think having a preset Father(and as preset I mean a father you can choose at the beginning) is the best idea.

1 Like

The fishdaddy problem is an already known bug

1 Like

Okay, I can’t get past the first dialog option after you wake up. Ever answer triggers an error message. Also my eyes keep getting described as unspecified?

I’ve had the same problem, it’s apparently an bug in the game. Actually it’s happened to me in other places beside chapter 3.

@Summerbones

Yeah, the eye thing has been there for a while.

But it seems like the demo itself is experiencing some new bugs that make it not possible to go to the First Trial at the moment. So we’ll likely need to wait for the next update to come along for the bugs to get fixed and so that we can all progress through the story like before.

@Okami-Nora
Well, I can’t wait till they are. This is a wonderful story and I’m already digging the narrative of the game!

@Summerbones

If you have any questions about the story until the point of the First Trial’s beginnings, feel free to ask; I’m sure that with how a number of us have played this for more times than we can possibly count, we’ve memorized the current state of the demo from every angle imaginable. :joy:

That said, are there any characters you’re looking forward to getting to know? What’s your Bearer like? What Dad do you intend on them having?

@Okami-Nora

Thanks! I always try to do a blind first run of any CoG I play, so I’m waiting to let my cards fall where they may. My Bearer, however is very fear driven. I really see her as someone who’s entire life has become about running and surviving, but is still struggling to be a good person. I honestly have no idea who her father is going to be, her highest stat is wit and she avoids killing whenever possible.

What about your’s?

2 Likes

@Summerbones

I’ll just say (without spoiling too much if you don’t already know) that the Bearer’s approach a certain situation combined with their Stat will have a effect on who their father turns out to be.

I’ve made a number of Bearers, but the two I mainly going to do first are Evander and Damon.

Evander is a young man whose laid-back personality often causes others to forget that behind his soft watery blue eyes is a sharp, cunning mind and powerful will. Despite this, he is quite innocent and playful, though he can just as easily switch into aloof and closed off if he becomes too stressed or is pushed too much. Though Evander doesn’t know his father too well, he is willing to give the man a chance because of one simple thing: his father clearly doesn’t know how to be his father and Evander has no idea how to be a son (so they’re both on even ground in their relationship).

Damon is Evander’s opposite in a number of way. Having to deal the amounts of hardships in his life with no one but himself to rely on had made the once sweet-tempered, meek child into a brash, pragmatic, cocky flirt. His hard green eyes only shows a fragment of the pain he had to through, but he will always do what he feels is right in the end. To say that his relationship with his father is complicated is to put it VERY lightly, to say least on the matter

2 Likes

Well. Mine is scared and alone and wants to be loved like to have a family who wants her and cares for her.

Which is why if Cronus is savvy enough could exploit that :))

I do have a question, if all the Titans died, how was Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Hermes, and the Muses born? They are all children or Zeus and Titanesses. Not to mention Hecate, Nike, Selene, Calypso, and Helios were also Titans. Did Cronus devour them as well?

1 Like

If you are talking about our myths and such, some Titans were “banished” rather then killed. Athena’s mom and Nike’s Titan blood relative come to my mind as fairly accessible for the new regime.
Edit - the Nike (and Roman version Victory) I remember was only half-Titan. My research is over a year old now, so I might be off a bit.