Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I swear I tried to remember the name. Must be the lack of wine :thinking:

1 Like

“But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword. As a mortal, I was never a great fighter or athlete or poet. I only made wine. The people in my village laughed at me. They said I would never amount to anything. Look at me now. Sometimes small things can become very large indeed.”

Don’t mess with the wine dude.

4 Likes

The guy will drown in wine for eternity if you piss him off.

Actually, I love wine so it wouldn’t be that much of a punishment. :grin:

Yh Dionysus is one of the olympians

I miss how Athena comments on the features between the MC and their father. Like how she comments on the MC and Poseidon sharing the same nose. A little comedy can go a long way.

2 Likes

In the version I read, he was trying to show his enemies kindness by turning them into dolphins.

Then again, it was probably a bowdlerized children’s version.

And then there’s the myth of Pentheus, in which he gets an anti-Dionysian king torn limb from limb by his own family.

1 Like

Happens in the best families.

2 Likes

Hyped to see this story again after such a long time, and now I have an account to comment with to boot! A little bummed that my save games disappeared, but hell, that just gives me more incentive to play through again! Ah, I also wanted to share these doodles of the MCs I went with. :smiley:

I took a little liberty with the uniforms. And after awhile, chitons start to just look like really loose shirts to me, lol. That said, before I start playing again, anyone know if the bugs got fixed (Name bug at the prologue, Poseidon’s always your daddy bug, etc.)?

23 Likes

The bugs are still there, they will be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

I seem to have run into a bug near the beginning, where when after naming my male character, about two clicks later, it leads me to a list of female names. It doesn’t do this when I try and make a female character.

They’re aware of this bug for sure, it should be patched in the next update, from what others have been saying. I’ve run into it too when I choose not to skip the prologue.

2 Likes

Precisely. That, and you already know about the bug with Poseidon as the MC’s father (“fish daddy bug”, as it’s usually called here). As I more or less remember it, there was a major re-write of the game a few months ago (…and then the thread got closed and re-opened again). Before, there was no prologue–a lot of that info was when the MC was first sent to the hospital and still unconscious. And Rohie’s working on patching the bugs along with parts of the game that are still works in progress.

4 Likes

Well, if I remember my Euripides, Pentheus was the grandson of Cadmus, who was related to the gods (his sister was one of Zeus’ lovers)…so yeah, you’re right, it was certainly a family matter.

2 Likes

I suggest that we rename it the “Innsmouth bug.”

1 Like

I move for dubbing it “The Percy Jackson Syndrome”.

22 Likes

What, you don’t like H.P. Lovecraft references? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

2nded!! All in favor say aye!!

1 Like

I only read the first… two books back in junior high but I remember enough that I think if the MC gets Poseidon as his/her dad, they should get that cool af pen-sword thing. Or was that more Zeus’ thing? God, I need to read the series again.

Anaklusnos. Best ballpoint pen ever made.

I do

4 Likes