Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

@Ylva

There’s currently a bug that prevents you from getting the other fathers besides Poseidon. It will be fixed in the next update.

That said, once the bug is fixed, your highest stat must be Wit to get Hades, Charm to get Zeus, and Strength to get Poseidon. You also have to kill Saxon for the chance to have Hades or Zeus as the Bearer’s father to begin with (you don’t need to kill him to get Poseidon however).

2 Likes

I cannot remember reading anything about it, but why must we kill the Seeker to have a different father?

@Okami-Nora
I see. Thanks for the explanation! Glad to see I’d actually be a daughter of Hades :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ShadowWolf0020

Not sure; I just know it’s the choice that brings that branching point to possibly have the other fathers. :sweat_smile: I’m pretty sure the reason was mentioned at some point, but it’s probably be a good THOUSAND of posts back (although I think it was mentioned that Zeus was at one point going to be the Bearer’s sole father in Children of the Gods).

Might want to ask @Rohie about that.

@ShadowWolf0020 and @Okami-Nora

You are right, it got explained here:

Basically, it should make it difficult to get Hades and generally randomize the father option for a higher replay value.

8 Likes

@Sammysam

How did you remember where to find that post? It is practically WAY into the beginning (I was joking about it being found a thousand of posts ago; kinda funny to know that it really was the case). :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

serves Bumblebee a plate of spaghetti garnished with Sage

7 Likes

Maybe we’ll get to serenade a Gorgon RO. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Much expirience with the search engine of this side and I know what I have to look for (I have a good memory for…things like that).

I could see my character getting with medusa

3 Likes

Welp, I’ve done Calypso…only…literally everyone else to go!:smiley:

(Hope she’s not too far off from what everyone else thinks she looked like)

16 Likes

Those are some amazing drawings I kinda wish I could do stuff like that but I suck :yum:
also one question doesn’t Calypso have grey eyes? I can’t really remember

1 Like

Yeah, but I got a little trigger happy with wanting contrast, so I pulled her eye color from her first introduction (earlier versions of the game).

She is blonde but your calypso is cool.

1 Like

I think Rohie changed her haircolor during the last update (probably to drive the point home that Calypso is indeed black, what various people seemed to read over because of a stereotypical association of “blond and grey/blue eyes”=white. At least I wouldn’t be suprised if that’s the reason? Suprisingly many people seemed confused about that topic around that time.)

9 Likes

I have already pointed out thousands of posts ago That black skin tone or melanesian have a not so bad statistics to be clear blue or green eyes and blonde hair. In Melanesian population is even more frequently that is near a 10%. I liked that detail because it was a great way broken the stereotypes.

9 Likes

Yeah, not disagreeing here (also I can’t see why a black girl with blonde hair would be more difficult to imagine as a boy with anime white hair), but it unfortunately doesn’t change that some people seemigly can’t read and were suprised about Callie being black/kept ignoring it. Maybe describing her with black hair will minimise that problem.

(And we still can continue to imagine her with blonde hair…I do.)

13 Likes

She used to have blonde hair but @Rohie changed it to black.

1 Like

'Because some people have seen more albinos in real life than black people with blond hair? Plus warm brown skin, kinda gave the impression of a tan to me.

5 Likes

I present you exhibit A. And that’s why her hair is black now.

8 Likes