Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Zeus is spot-on, but Poseidon and Hades look a little young to be parents. (Hades, in particular, looks like he’s about nineteen.) And for gods of earthquakes and death respectively, they seem a little…pretty.

Still. This is much, much better than anything I could draw, and your interest is commendable. I don’t mean to be rude.

7 Likes

Mmm. I think the Bearer’s been humiliated in public quite enough.

Thanks fam​:rofl: I don’t know why, I just can’t see. Them as old wrinkly men. It’s my curse to bear :sob:

Oh! I also made my Nyx with the fam

Hope I’m not spamming :sweat_smile:, I’m so bored I’ll draw anything from COG, anybody got some ideas?

7 Likes

I quite like your design for Nyx, and Poseidon’s eye-color is very evocative of a cold, grey sea. (Quick note: Priscilla’s eye appears to be melting into her hair.)

I’m curious to see what your concept art for the RO’s would be. Alternatively, I’m interested in your interpretation of the Olympians’ physical appearances (though that might be a bit more involved).

Another idea–since the Olympian public’s view of the main character is a variable, perhaps you could create two alternative posters displaying their views of the ‘good’ and ‘evil’ bearer, sort of like they do in ‘inFamous.’ You make excellent fanart, and I’d be very happy if it turned up in the final product (although it’s of course Rohie’s decision).

2 Likes

Gods can look like they want since they don’t actually have a body. They just don a corporeal form for sake of convenience when they wanna have affairs with mortals or talk to their mortal children. So if Hades wants to look young, he’s perfectly capable of doing so.

3 Likes

If I remember my Greek mythology correctly, gods do have bodies of sorts–Zeus accidentally killed one of his mistresses (Semele, mother of Dionysius) when he showed her his divine form.

You’re right that Hades could shapeshift into a young pretty boy if he chose. But as the God of Death, he has a rep to maintain; why would he want to?

1 Like

Hades to me in the picture looks like a bum who is just getting his life on track

5 Likes

Well, that’s more of them showing their source which is always described as terrifying and incomprehensible for mortals which is why she got burned to ashes.

Th…Thank…you?

6 Likes

Isn’t that same kind think that made the dark age, why they burn the library of Alexandria? only to realize have we where right the first time? And as MC have any one them backstab you beside your father? who left to find yourself,your aunt there was there out the kindness of her heart…

2 Likes

Was she? Given what we know of her reputation that seems very unlikely. Assuming that she’s honest with us (which is also against her reputation) she seems to have developed feelings for us, but she was originally against us before being forced to take the first turn babysitting the world destroyer. And she clearly has her own plans in place for us. Generally when people keep their plans for my life secret I assume it’s because I won’t like them.

Of course that is my perspective as a player. My mc would feel more attached to the woman who raised him so he is more conflicted about her motivation.

8 Likes

My character doesn’t trust Athena more than Zeus. She used her , She negates her the truth about everything. She stolen her Why? She even vote for destroy us? She probably use some magic to block our power.

What pisses me of is that all those gods think we can be manipulated or threatened. I would destroy them only for that! :rage:

I don’t know, you seem pretty manipulable…

4 Likes

What are you talking about? I hope it doesn’t include Cronus. :expressionless:

A person who gets angry enough to destroy someone over something so small seems easily manipulable, controllable etc…

3 Likes

Just because something makes me angry sometimes it doesn’t mean i will act without thinking.
Edit: Sometimes is even advantageous to act “reckless”, as long as you thought about the situation and the possible outcomes.:relaxed:

Just started reading so far it’s already my favorite COG. Just wanted to ask if my MC and Saint share the same mother seeing as we have the same eyes and race.

Unfortunately, yes we do. At least this one i can kill safely. :smiley:

1 Like