Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

How does it fit in the story if we are supposed to be the power that created the universe? There is a clash here.:expressionless:

1 Like

Maybe it’s because MC does not yet have all that power? Because they will get the full control only after their 18th summer solstice. Did none of you read that part or did you just forget about it?

18 Likes

Is that part even in the new version of the story? I remember it being part of the old one, but is it included here as well?

It is clear as day It is a plot reason you didn’t kill them all with a blinking of eye lol. YOY DON’T HAVE THE POWER YET ONLY A MINOR PART OF IT

2 Likes

We don’t have all, of course. But the Essence is said to be some sort of ultimate power, even the small part of it that we can access now should be enough to put us ahead of normal demigods. Yet the MC can be easily ragdolled by Sage whose power is said to be super speed not super strenght. They get dizzy from minor tricks like breaking a lock, and i suspect an above average human could beat the MC too.

3 Likes

Yes it is mentioned in the game:

In the stats screen:

The Bestower and the Bearer are both born with the Essence itself as their souls, until the time of their 18th summer solstice. On that night, at the peak of the solstice, their powers would come alive and the Bestower would transfer the Essence into the Bearer. The Bestowers were not created to be able to withstand the Essence, so the transfer would occur willingly or not. The Bearers would then be overcome with the power of the Essence and use it to their own accord.

And during the first meeting with the council:

“…but one of the sources, the Bestower, would be the caretaker of the Essence, to hold it until the second source was ready to yield the power, on their 18th summer solstice. That is the day that both their power awakens, and the Bestower’s portion of the Essence transfers fully into the Bearer.”

2 Likes

I see! It’s been a while since I played through it more thoroughly. At least it’s there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, and even when we do get the power, assuming they even let us live that long all we’re “inheriting” is a bunch of potential that we haven’t a clue how to actually use in ways that might actually benefit us.

3 Likes

Maybe you could strip Ares instead of killing him lol. Or make Aphrodite bald instead rip her head off.

So what does the stat on Essence actually indicate?
Lets say that at the 18th summer solstice, the stat will be 100%. But right now even at 25% it should make us more powerful than the current gods.

1 Like

Sadly killing him is probably easier, since for some reasons destruction is always the easiest, but least satisfying type of magic in most games. You’re right in that my mc would love to be able to do that, but considering supposedly trained mages cannot even finesse a lock and have to magically blast it apart, same as utterly untrained warriors it doesn’t give me much confidence in our degree of active control over our supposed “powers”. If this is how supposedly trained “mages” handle the tiny sliver of power we’ve got now imagine how much worse it is going to get once we have most of it, again assuming we’ll ever reach that point in the actual game.

Of course even if we could starting out on a god would be unwise so my guy would try to get lots of practice with teleporting clothes off of people by liberally using Aeson and Santi as test subjects. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It will never be 100% the Gods, Cronus, Aeson and quite possibly Saint all have tiny non-removable slivers of it too. Let’s say we get 95% of it at age 18 instead then what we’ve currently got is maybe .00000001% of it at best consisting of just the part that makes up our “soul”.

1 Like

I was actually referring to this stat.

Oh, that, I’m mostly ignoring the stat screen in this game really since it seems to give descriptions of our potential, rather than our actual abilities, anyway.
I don’t think that “essence” stat actually does anything significant (yet).

1 Like

Maybe we will be able to shot a fireball per day at 100% Essence. :expressionless:

6 Likes

The problem is that from time to time it gets confusing. There should be something of a scale describing our power level than a vague stat like that.

4 Likes

One can only hope I suppose.

1 Like

Do we really need an in dept stat of how much power we have? Power we don’t know how to use or track? It just seems predictable/boring to me, I’d much rather keep it vague.

I believe the gods explain that @Rohie changed the family tree, so Chaos is its children’s siblings in the game, and we essentially took its place.

2 Likes

:rotating_light: This is the no. 10,000 post for this thread.:rotating_light: Congratulations to the author and anyone who partook in the conversations.

10 Likes

Evander doesn’t really think much about her beyond the fact that she was willing to do some really questionable things to get what she wants, even if it meant using a relative to get it (which honestly makes him somewhat concerned for Adonis, since he’s the one that Evander feels closest to at the moment). This does make him somewhat uncomfortable around her, but he isn’t intimidated by her cunning. As for the Gods that oppose him being part of the Trial, there not much feelings of hate; he possesses more feeling of curiosity toward their reasons (much like his curiosity toward the Gods who are willing to let him join). In fact as the Gods were having that stare-down, he was watching those who opposed him being a part of the Trial with a intense, scrutinizing gaze, watching every movement and change of expression to get and idea of what might be going through their heads. So there’s no hate toward that opposed group of Gods; just a peaked questioning curiosity…and that alone could be much more dangerous for the Gods.

Damon doesn’t hate Aphrodite; heck, he actually respects how easily she can keep a poker face for the most part and never let anyone truly know what she is thinking. But he is wary of her; unlike Ares (who make his intention so obvious that it makes Damon want to laugh; he sees that the God of War REALLY takes after his mother Hera), Aphrodite possesses much more subtlety and cunning, which makes any encounter with her a battle of wits…that said, he might jokingly flirt with her just to get a rise out of Ares (he feels Hephaestus would be fully aware that neither of them are being remotely serious) As for the other Gods who oppose him, his whole opinion of the matter can be put in 4 simple words: HE. GIVES. NO. CRAPS. He’s taken care of himself just fine and screwed over others attempts to kill him for a good number of years; why should he care about what some of the Gods think about him when he’s just going to accomplish things just as he always has? Though it does sort’ve amuse him that Hera is so simple about it and thinks Death is what would scare him into actually listening to the Gods (though he is very interested in doing the Trials themselves).

Ah, but those are the most scary people; the ones who don’t show their animosity so obviously and are good at giving very little indication of their real intentions. :slight_smile: It’s what makes assassins more scary than warriors; sure a warrior who clearly hates you and is charging at you screaming bloody murder with a deadly weapon is a frightening sight. But having a assassin near you all polite with vague smiles, who doesn’t make any clear intentions about what they are planning yet will likely strike the moment you let your guard down even the slightest is downright TERRIFYING.

4 Likes