Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Haha, it’s okay. I like your profile picture though.

1 Like

How do you get hades as your father

Indeed! We’d be lucky just to even be friends with Sage, let alone lovers. I think that’d make it one of the more interesting aspects of her character growth in the game!
Does she need to be on the cusp of death or smth to trust us lol

2 Likes

My MC is still into Sage. He likes fiery girls. Not the kind that tries to kill you but he gets why she did what she did, so he doesn’t blame her for her anger.

4 Likes

The instructions for every father are in the game as part of the stat screen’s submenus, but
right now you always will get Poseidon as father, because of a bug.

3 Likes

Is Sage still an RO even if the MC kills her brother? I see how she can forgive the MC, but even if the MC had no choice, I don’t see how Sage can love the person who killed her brother regardless of whatever circumstances.

5 Likes

:astonished:

I feel so mean toward Saint for saying this, but out of everything that’s been revealed, the fact that he managed to get a boyfriend has shocked me the most :laughing:. That must be one VERY understanding boyfriend who is able to see past his insensitive choice of words (or at least keep him in line so that he doesn’t spout something too mean to others) or Saint might behave a little differently when around him. Or, you know, he’s like Saint; in that case, Gods help the Bearer. Having two Saints are bad (Saint and Santiago), but a third one just might drive some of us up a wall.

Yep; Damon is quite the goofball and a giant sweetheart with older brother tendencies when he’s not dealing with too much stress, or is trying to get others not to worry about him so much. :grin:

And as you can see though, the less serious he is with his flirting, the more ridiculous his flirts are (though he’d also claim that this type of flirting works since a person smiling at the joking flirting are finding it cute). When he’s being more serious, he’s a lot more suave, his confidence being a main thing that draws others to him

I write quite a few stories in my spare time and also work on comics, so molding characters and making scenarios with their interaction with others or the environment is something I do on a daily basis. I’m honestly hoping to enter one particular story in the Choice of Games contest (and just start developing stories for the website in general), though I’m still trying to get used to how to do the coding for ChoiceScript.

It’s mostly thanks to @Rohie’s way of telling the story; without going into completely full detail on certain things, it leaves enough room for the reader to potentially fill in the blanks according to the choices each of their Bearers have made and how their personalities cause them to change/respond to the hardship/events in their life.

Simple put, @Rohie puts just enough detail to give us a good idea of a situation, but leaves just enough to let one’s imagination to fill in their own personal ideas for what else may have molded our Bearers to be the people they currently are (though I don’t consider my extra scenarios themselves canon; just that they apply mainly to my Bearers alone).

Oh, you have no idea; Damon is going to have so much fun with the group, to say the least on the matter (Santiago in particular better be careful about riling him up too much). :smiling_imp: He’s got more than one way to tease people.

…if he’s feeling particularly bored, he’ll honestly seek Sage out to mess with her. She comes off as someone who isn’t good at handling being teased and Damon’s sturdy enough to handle whenever she gets physical (guy’s got strength in the 60 range).

It’s mostly due to the fact that at the end of the day (while he refuses to fully acknowledged it at the moment), Damon is still a child of Hades’ and Persephone is his wife, whose mother is Demeter. So he sees Psyche and the Demeter’s kids along the lines of cousins in a sense. He knows that there is no blood relation between them, but he still feels like hitting on the Demeter’s kids is a little too close in terms of family ties (that and Psyche kind of reminds him of his Aunt Alice, which makes it twice as weird for Damon in her case).

I’m not sure what Avery is going to be to Damon at the moment, or even Sage for that matter.

On one hand, I could see Damon possibly developing feelings for Avery because of her calm, collected, and slightly snarky nature. He actually prefers the mature type and Avery has been one of the few people he hasn’t been even remotely snarky with since she is honest toward him. Damon sees that he slightly intimidates her, but at the same time sees that she’s willing to give him a chance to show the person beyond the rumors (which he deeply appreciates). Though he’d be a good deal concerned about how others would end up viewing Avery for dating him right now (he’s rather infamous at the moment).

On the other hand, seeing how a romantic relationship with Sage would develop with her polar opposite and secret bodyguard does sound like something that could be a interesting development. But there are two major issues that would make it

1. Damon like girls who harbor a sense of maturity (as mentioned above). At the moment, Damon views Sage as immature and temperamental, which is part of the reason he feels like he needs to make sure she stays out of trouble. At best, even if their relationship improves, he’ll see her more along the lines of a little sister. So Sage would have to have a moment where Damon could see the person she can be when calm and how mature she is capable of being.

2. Damon is protecting Sage out of a sense of obligation and guilt. And as someone once said ‘guilt breeds distance’; as long as that guilt exist, he won’t be even remotely comfortable with the idea of romancing Sage (he’d think it’s all types of messed up for either of them to develop feelings beyond friendship). If Sage were to genuinely want to start a relationship with him at some point, she’d have to find a way to get him to let go of the burden he carries for ending her brother’s life (though she’d have to let go of her own hate for something like that to happen).

Though at the end, it all also comes down to who Damon will be able to let most of his guard down with.

Persephone is just the wife of his uncle and the reason he won’t hit on Demeter’s kids. She’s family in the technical sense due to her relation with Hades, but he certainly doesn’t have much of an interest interacting with her right now and he’d only really bond with Demeter’s kids if any are genuinely willing to interact with him.

Hades better not do that any time soon after the first Trial or Damon will give him a very unamused look :unamused: (managing to look very much like Athena at that very moment) and simply walk off.

It’s definitely going to be very interesting to see her develop any type of relationship with the Bearer, whether it be a platonic one of a romantic one (and whether the Bearer did kill her brother of not).

Aside from that…your pic. Ann Takamaki. I take it Persona 5 is a game you’re waiting for in April? :grin:

3 Likes

Itd be really hard for me to see her as a RO right now, perhaps in later installments. ( She’s going to be ny primary RO thats for sure though.)

As for Avery, Im waiting to see her flaws first, she cant always be calm and collected. I want to see what it takes to throw her off balance. :yum:

(Im so stoked for it man, april cant come sooner!)

2 Likes

Avery does imply herself that she has a selfish side, which is one of the reasons she is not certain about the idea of being a Healer like her mother, aside from the fact that she doesn’t think her own magic is up for the type of sacrifice being a Healer seems to ask for. In her own words, ‘she’s not that selfless’.

Also that she seems to have a little bitterness toward her mother for hiding the fact she hid the fact she was a Healer of Olympus. Her parents themselves are divorced and her father had remarried another woman, who he has a kid with (her little half-brother).

Also she’s kinda sneaky; pretending she didn’t have anymore Barbie sticker for Santiago, only to end up giving one to the Bearer (this part’s a small joke. If anything, it shows she has a bit of a mischievous, playful side :joy:).

Those are some of the things I managed to pick up from the current update so far, so a few have been hinted at so far. Having someone like the Bearer taking an interest in her may be one of those things that will throw her off a bit. I want an option to tease her about her liking younger partners, seeing as she seems one of the oldest ROs that the Bearer can get interested in (though she’s probably have a snark fully ready for that remark).

(I KNOW! MY OWN PREORDER IS COMPLETELY PAID AND READY!) :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah! I see~ Though one could argue that being a tad selfish is not necessarily a bad thing :thinking:, we’ll have to see just how far it goes!
Do you think shes jealous of the other demikids? For having godly powers or for really belonging in Olympus. Unlike her, who had to find a standing/use of her own and all.

True; Selfishness isn’t actually a bad thing. It what reminds us to take care of ourselves, helps us not get too emotional drained, and also can prevent others from taking advantage (when the selfishness not in overabundance, much like how too much selflessness is not healthy either).

But when someone’s life is in a certain amount of imminent danger and a Healer might have react quickly to save them, any hesitance due a (understandingly) selfish sense of self-preservation could put the patient’s life in even more danger. As Avery said, judging by what condition she’d see her mother in and the fact her mother made sure that she didn’t see how she worked firsthand, the Healers do have to likely possess a good sense of selflessness to do what they do to help others. Even the event with us in the Olympus hospital and when we see the Healers’ condition (ones who had likely been helping taking care of the Bearer after they had the blocker removed) when they come in does hint that whatever they do to help their patients does take a toll on them.

Hard to say right now; she did seem to blush a bit from embarrassment when the Bearer asked who her Godly Parent was (though part of me is still joking on the idea that asking a Demigod ‘Whose your Godly Parent’ is the equivalent of the old pick-up line ‘what’s your sign’). And Calypso didn’t seem too willing to get into too much detail about the non-Demigod kids and how they attend Olympus, which likely implies that they get treated a bit differently than if they were Demigods. We’ll probably need to wait for the next update to see if there is something that shows the relationship between nonhuman/human residents of Olympus and the Demigods.

Though if that happens, Evander is certainly not going to be at his friendliest toward the Demigod bothering the non-Demigod due his closest sense of kinship being with nonhumans/humans rather than other Demigods (though he’d try to be diplomatic when ending the conflict). Damon himself will not tolerate seeing someone getting picked on right in front of him (though he’d resort to force quicker than Evander if his intimidation doesn’t work).

“But by coincidence, it’s where demigods go to live peacefully.”
Is there a reason demigods can’t live peacefully in the mortal realm, and instead retire on Olympus? What abt demigods with mortal partners or children?

Example Hercules … No one of them were great as parent and all human involved ended bad like wow terrible bad. Also it was a lame excuse to ise them as meat force to an army. That’s where they were created

Thus far my mc doesn’t find Olympus to be all that “peaceful” nor would he want to live or “retire” there. In fact he’d rather take his chances working crappy Greek jobs until he can find some way home to the US than waste much more time on Olympus.
Then again his life on Olympus has hardly been pleasant thus far and with the partial rewrite already posted his life as a petty smuggler of magical items, while no picnic by any standards was still better than his life on Olympus now, where he is little more then a prisoner with a cellmate from hell.

Oh? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Persona 5 my dude. (20 char)

1 Like

Oh, right. Thought we were talking about CotG, I almost had a stroke. Thanks.

Excited for the game though.

2 Likes

She has been trained, yes, but she has been sheltered at the school. As far as I know, she’s not a Seeker, so she doesn’t have the street smarts that our MC does. None of the other kids do. They haven’t had to challenge themselves as much as the MC has. It doesn’t matter how many classes you take on something - if you haven’t practiced it out of the safety of the classroom, you’re not an expert. [quote=“auneramellous, post:10019, topic:15482”]
Trained assassin? :joy: Who gave her that description? Lieeees. Assassin’s don’t act reckless like her dead brained ass. An assassin would be like Black Widow who would go in for the kill. Not announce her presence like a screaming banshee, talk shit, and then go in for the kill while people are trying to hold her back. She’s gonna get her ass assassinated though, especially with those tactics.
[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much. And by this logic, her brother was a “trained assassin” too, and my MC slit his throat when she was 15. So. And the Seekers probably get more training than the other students do, which says something about the strength of the MC. [quote=“poison_mara, post:10023, topic:15482, full:true”]
She is menacing you she knows she can’t win. She is trying to scare you and shown everyone else that you aren’t so mighty after all. If she was really trying killing you she just have to pick a damn weapon and BOOM dead.
[/quote]

Again - the MC has fought off many other demigods before, so what makes Sage different? The surprise attack (which wasn’t really a surprise attack because we heard her coming for us? We got jumped on the streets all the time.

5 Likes

I really love this game! I spent a whole day playing it, and can’t wait for more! There are a few spelling errors here and there, but nothing too bad. Keep up the great work! :grinning:

1 Like

There’s a bug on the prologue. I didn’t chose a gender to the baby, and then chose the name Kosmos. I played a little then it asked me to choose a name again. I chose Kosmos again. Then it asked me to choose a female name…

1 Like