Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

How are these any different?

1 Like

Ares is actually attractive to my mc, Adonis, not so much. Plus with a God I’m expecting an unequal relationship, with a supposed “peer” (not really since we’re the poor, criminal charity case) I’d fully expect something better.

1 Like

So you do put the gods above yourself? And you’re taking the cowardly one at that too.
How come Aeson feels like incest but Ares doesn’t? He’s our cousin.

3 Likes

In practice only, since the mc has got utterly pathetic supposed “powers” and is quite wary and distrustful of all of them with three partial exceptions.
With “Auntie” Athena past familiarity and wanting to have at least on sort of person to talk to on Olympus overwhelms caution, with “daddy” Hades intense dislike overwhelms his caution and finally with Ares lust might overwhelm his caution. With all the others he’s far more wary and standoffish.

Cousin is still better than brother and Ares is just about far enough removed from us to make it just about acceptable to my mc. Kissing cousins indeed, plus he is without a doubt the hottest guy on Olympus, unless Aeson is even worse of course for the purposes of this story.
Besides people have no problems with dating his daughter.

There is one other God who might be compatible with my mc, but that hinges upon getting to meet both Nyx and her cutest kid, Moros. Big M in human form might be another dark bad-boy my mc is likely to lust after.

First cousins is ok to your mc? Does’t most 1st world have it as second cousins?[quote=“idonotlikeusernames, post:10001, topic:15482”]
There is one other God who might be compatible with my mc, but that hinges upon getting to meet both Nyx and her cutest kid, Moros. Big M in human form might be another dark bad-boy my mc is likely to lust after.
[/quote]

Did we even meet them? What are you basing it being the cutest kid off of? And you want war or destiny of impending doom?

I believe @Rohie mentioned Nyx is going to bug us Hades kids the most :blush:

1 Like

Which would only be an upside if she brings her own cute sons, such as Moros along too, Nyx herself does nothing for my mc.

If it was a straight relationship and he intended to procreate then sure, he probably wouldn’t even go for second cousins.For this game’s purposes with someone a bit more removed from him that he doesn’t despise as much as Aeson or Hades, swallowing the whole “no dna in common” explanation would be a bit easier, particularly since unlike “daddy” Hades, Ares isn’t even pretending to be his “family”. Which in turn makes it psychologically much easier to bang him.

Why do you want to bang death and doom? What are you basing being cute on? I don’t even see statues of it. Isn’t Moros omnipresent and shapeless?

2 Likes

The fact that every male of any significance in this game (except male mc, who sadly lacks the sculpted and tall parts) is super cute and sculpted, like a Greek God of course. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is it or will it be possible to get Hades or any of the other Gods/Goddesses as a father/mother? Sorry if its been asked already but i dont feel like reading every comment lol

You can get Hades or Zeus if you kill the seeker, Saxon and you char’s highest stats are wit or cha respectively. If you kill the seeker and your highest stat is strength you’ll get Poseidon regardless. Also if you don’t kill the rabid seeker you’ll always get Poseidon as your “dad”.
Except that there is a bug in the current version that will make Poseidon your “dad” no matter what you do.

5 Likes

K thanks for letting me know

I’ll detail my amazement in a sec but I just wanted to point out a coincidence; I read the author name and thought “uh I’ve heard that name before” since Rohie is a very uncommon name. So I get on Tumblr, look through my “following list” and realize that I’ve been following dear author for over a year! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, onto the amazement. I plowed through this game in three and a half hours. I stared at the screen for like a few minutes after the “update coming soon” pop up…

First, the game plays like a novel. The sounds hella weird but what I mean is that it’s structured like a young adult novel. It’s my just the chapters or the cliff hangers (ugh! Those cliff hangers) The author focuses a lot on characters, which is central to YA books. Every single character feels as if they have a life outside the MC. They feel like they’re real people with their own problems and talents and beliefs…even if you don’t like a character, you have to admit that they’re extremely, wholly themselves. My favorites so far are Athena, Aeson of course, Santiago, Calypso, and Saint.

Second, the atmosphere is incredible. It sucks you in within the first few clicks. This can be accredited to the kick ass writing. The author just has such a beautiful way with words…seriously everything has a double meaning. I particularly enjoy the way she describes environments. She talks about smells, sights and sounds and it draws me in so well. It makes me want to pay attention. Like I haven’t skimmed through a single fucking page cause I’m afraid to miss anything.

Third, the role play. I always play very charming characters with emotional immaturity. Of course this is rare since a lot RPGs force you to choose between charming or full out asshole…but I could be anything in this story. I noticed a lot of arguing on this thread, but I think that’s more positive than negative. I mean if the work didn’t inspire such vivid emotions for individual players, it wouldn’t be so popular. I feel as if I connected so deeply with my little Lavei; I want so desperately to tell her story in this setting.

Okay /end rant. I made this account just to say this!

Also…I really love Santiago :blush:

12 Likes

Yep, Santi is definitely the cutest of our fellow demigods based on both personality and appearance, even if Aeson of course has untouchably superior looks. Santi has a certain roguish, latin charm that Aeson just lacks.
Too bad that Santi is a big, spoiled, rich jerk-ass, who’d probably sell us out for 20 Instagram likes, too.

2 Likes

Do we really know enough abt Santiago to be drawing those conclusions? O.K, IG he might come off as sort of a jerk depending on your own prnsl preferences but we know next to nothing abt his background and Rohie clarified that the gods don’t function as prsnl ATMS :~) I like him a lot too, though! I’m anticipating the love triangle, lmfao.

5 Likes

Yeah, true, though even if Pollo doesn’t function as Santi’s personal ATM his mortal family might, particularly whenever he is away from Olympus, as the “billionaire class” seem like Pollo’s set of people, so Santi’s mortal mother is likely to be incredibly wealthy.

No, by now it’s all headcanon. In game we did not yet get enough dialoug with him to be sure of things like that.

2 Likes

Played through the demo (again)

It would be interesting to add something involving the strength stat in the cafeteria scene with Sage. In the scene with the Council, our wit stat is analyzed to dictate how much our MC knows about Cronus. What if a system similar to that was applied to the scene with Sage? Where the success of Sage’s attack depends on the strength of the MC. For example: if the MC has a strength stat <35, the scene would resolve the same way, with the MC being choked. But if the MC has a strength >35, the scene could resolve in two different ways: the MC pushing Sage off of them, or the MC attacking Sage (and winning).

7 Likes

I like the idea. Howeer the gender preference in the beggining seems glithy when i choose man it will send me to a list of names then next thing my character is a girl already. is this going to be gender locked or not?

The scene is that way to show you you are an underdog no well trained and others have powers too. Sage has super speed so it doesn’t matter your strength she is a trained assassin since kid who caught you by surprise. She is not Cinderella.

1 Like

It’s bugged. The new update should fix that

1 Like