Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

“It’s not like I want to kill you or anything… idiot.”

I do to, but alas, I refuse to spare her brother on the grounds that Hades is the best father for me.

3 Likes

What I wonder the most about being the son of Hades, is the potential unknown powers… I mean will there be any? Will I use my cat as a weapon of mass destruction? I do not know

I think that once you explain that her brother was possessed by some unknown entity/Cronus that she will warm up to you or at the very least not want to choke you every 5 seconds

I don’t think us explaining that to her will be enough. I think she would strangle us before we even get the chance to say something about the topic.

So, we probably have to wait until something else happens that gains us her trust, before “explaining” even becomes an option.

5 Likes

Agreed.

How much weight would a suspect’s statement hold? None. If not, close to none.

So, unless the situation somehow puts the “possession thing” out into the light, I don’t think anything we say would help.

3 Likes

We’re going to hit the 10k mark soon :> (pre-empts the celebration)

While you guys talk about dealing with Sage, I’m here waiting for more Santiago content :))

[also confession: after Rohie’s announcement that Saint has a boyfie, my mind went to Santiago because of that one scene they were laughing together – the one before Aeson arrives – and then I realized you could romance Santiago, so he’s likely not the one]

6 Likes

Hopefully! I don’t want to pinch somebody’s boyfriend, especially not if it’s the boyfriend of MC’s half-brother :fearful: (I will do it if it’s the only chance to romance Santiago, but I will grumble while doing so)

As if Adonis’ commitment/romance issues wouldn’t be enough for one game! No need to give other characters similar problems. (…I’m sure we will get enough drama anyway)

1 Like

SAME I DON’T WANT TO BE THE HOMEWRECKER

(And I want Saint to be happy too)

If it is Santi, I’ll probs…won’t romance him. Ever :))

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Eh, my curiosity probably would get the better of me, but depending how it would play out I’m not sure if I could finish the game happily with that RO. Well, I still have Callie (By now my favorite RO) and when I feel masochistic Aeson. …I’m somewhat sad that Psyche is no RO anymore…

1 Like

She already proved that she could calm down in the trials though, so it is a fair possibility that she will at least listen. Her previous behavior is most likely due to the loss of her brother and she must have gotten some sort of intel that we were personally responsible for it. Plus other people now know about the weird seekers and their eyes, and so they can reinforce our point if need be.

Sooo, we just will ignore that her first action during the trials was to literally assault the MC?

Just because she stopped for tactical reasons, doesn’t mean she sees a reason to listen to whatever MC has to say, only that her anger didn’t make her suicidal yet.

5 Likes

TBH, Sage doesn’t strike me as someone who is very analytical @ all, or maybe she’s just blinded by rage every time she sees MC. For one, attacking us on sight unwittingly reveals a lot abt her character (like the fact she’s probably easily provoked) and depending on the type of character you play, that could be tantamount to leaving herself wide open in the future, especially if your Bearer is the type to hold onto a grudge until they can do smth abt it. I don’t know tht if I was her, and I legitimately thought tht MC killed my brother that I’d be provoking someone who was capable of smth like tht.

4 Likes

She said, This is not the moment. Not I will stop killing you. Her daddy is famous for his own perverse concept of vengeance.

1 Like

She also has a better chance to kill the MC without negative repercussions during the final duel, or any time she is not on the same team as MC. She wants to kill MC, but she also wants to win the trials (at least it seems so).

5 Likes

Was it said why she isn’t?

Yes, we know the reason:

9 Likes

I am so glad to see this WIP again! @Rohie You were dearly missed!!! Also, I’m a bit late on the uptake apparently!

4 Likes

Okay, I know we’re on Psyche and Sage and yeah, BUT IS ANYONE CURIOUS ON WHO SAINT’S BOYFRIEND IS?

Idk man. I’m supposing he might be another demi-god, but a part of me is like, what if he’s not?

[speculation pool is intensifying because oh man I want my MC’s bro to be happy]

7 Likes

Then my mc will be especially angry that Saint is allowed something they, as in Olympus and the Seekers, ripped away from him, aka a mortal, human boyfriend. :rage:
While we get the choice of being Aeson’s “feels like incest to me” plaything and de-facto servant or becoming Adonis “special friend” no. #3227 with five minutes of “quality time on Tuesday and two minutes on Friday” in between his other appointments, take it or leave it. :unamused:
Or dealing with Santi’s spoiled rich kid bullshit, which ,while greatly appealing to some of my other mc’s, doesn’t seem all that attractive here.

Which is of course why my mc prefers to lust after Ares’ hot ass. :yum:

My mc cares about as much for his “brother’s” feelings and happiness as Saint cared for his…

1 Like

In advance, I’m sorry for throwing in my two cents. I just… wanted to?

Well, I think your MC sounds funny. She’d probably be a good influence on mine. She’s so straight laced, she needs someone as sarcastic and laid back as your MC to help her kick back…

…I feel awful now. I completely forgot about that! Since I didn’t feel comfortable choosing a girlfriend or boyfriend (Best friend appears to be the more vague/optional decision), poor Kurina lost her bestie. Then seems to have completely forgotten him.

I hope we can have some reaction to the world of the gods that is spurred on by their loss! It was such a sad, heroic loss that it’d be a shame to just forget it. But, considering Rohie added it in, I feel like it’ll have some importance…(?) unless it was just character building, which would make me feel so bad. Your sacrifice wasn’t in vain, Ben!

Perfectly valid feelings. If my MC hadn’t wanted a proper family almost all her life, she’d likely feel the same.