Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Rejoice! The wip is (hopefully) alive!

And @Marethyu its a known bug, look it up in the thread next time.

3 Likes

Couldn’t find it sorry. Still can’t…does this mean currently we cannot have Hades as a parent at all or is it possible?

Poseidon is the only dad possible at the moment due to a rather nasty bug, I believe you also cannot be male, or at least have a masculine name, as choosing that just dumps you into the female character creator right after.

I say have patience and wait for a new and fixed upload, as that is hopefully why this thread was re-opened in the first place.

6 Likes

What? I remember getting the masculine name i chose before. Maybe i did something else that avoided the bug?

1 Like

Yea as far as the masculine bug I just went back and skipped the prologue allowing me to use the quick choices.

2 Likes

Man this thing was so cool I can’t wait TO SEE THE REST!

1 Like

I think this is going to be a great game, I was surprised how much content there was in the demo but I definitely enjoyed it.

3 Likes

I can’t wait until we get to find out what that inhuman scream or whatever it was, was

1 Like

Yay! I can’t wait to tell @anon57826008 that this is open again, we both love this story :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m really glad to see Children of the Gods forum opened again; it is the story I’ve been the most eager to see come to full development.

On a silly note…has anyone ever wondered about if the Demigods have some strange pick-up lines with each other? Because I randomly thought to myself 'is asking a Demigod ‘Who is you Godly parent’ the equivalent of giving them that really old pick up line ‘what’s your sign’ :thinking::laughing:? I ended up imagining the scenario where Evander being the ever so curious guy he is, tries to start a conversation with Calypso while they walk and makes a comment on the fact that he feels not even ‘normal’ Demigods would seem as versed in combat as she clearly was and outright asks who her God parent is, making Cally look at him with a raised eyebrow and Saint snort back a laugh, before both realize that he’s probably not aware of what that means to other Demigods.

And now for a very belated reply to @gia:

…You know what’s funny about when you said that? You called two of the top 3 Bearers I have that would not take being called cute as a compliment. :laughing: Pan feels that there is a certain age that cute can be considered a compliment…and that’s at the age of 8 and no more higher than that. Mia (being a rather small girl with a youthful appearance) is kinda tired of being referred to in that way too, wanting to be taken more seriously as the resourceful fighter she is.

So just for you:

And a silly short involving Evander, the number 1 of my Bearers who REALLY dislikes being called cute. His reasoning is a mix of Mia and Pan’s; he feels like he’s passed the age to be called cute, and is kinda tired of people thinking about him being ‘cute’ and underestimating his skills just because he’s laid-back and a bit of a dreamer. He lets his actions on that matter speak for themselves, making opponents quickly regret on not taking into account his cunning, combat skills, and ability to adapt quickly to situations…not that it stops some from continuing to call he cute :laughing: (he’s just got a certain innocent charisma that makes him endearing to others).

8 Likes

Thank you for explaining that one. I probably spent a few days just trying to get a parent other than poseidon

2 Likes

Yay, a birthday present… a day early.

Who do I pray to? Is there a god of birthdays, forums, or literature? Well there is the nine Muses…

“Oh dear Muses I offer a drachma in thanks.”

5 Likes

Well I finally just tried this wip and its going to my list of favourites! That cliffhanger though is bad for my heart :frowning: looking forward to next update :blush:

1 Like

Hey, everyone! Thank you for your patience, it means the world to me; the game is still being worked on and the final P1 update is approaching. :slight_smile:

69 Likes

Sweetness! :grin: Does a Happy dance

2 Likes

This is all of Olympus right now.

15 Likes

@Baam

And this is everyone on the Children of the Gods’ forum, right? :grinning:

32 Likes

Christmas came a whole year early

6 Likes

I have a question, why is the MC so weak? The Bearer is supposed to be some sort of ultimate power, but they faint all day and can barely break a lock. The MC is pitifully weak in comparison with what the story tells us. :confused:

I dont think the MC has unlocked his potential yet, though I would like to see more magic

1 Like