Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I killed the seeker and I had wit as my highest stat and yet Hades wasn’t my father

See the bug post, it’s known and will be fixed

1 Like

I swear We have to change Thread name SAYING

YES FISH DAD IS ONLY DAD AND MALE GENDER IS BROKEN DEAL WITH IT AND READ BUG LIST BEFORE POSTING

5 Likes

better?

:hugging: :hugging:

4 Likes

They won’t read it anyway… lol

2 Likes

FAQ would have worked too, but that’s even better.
And, yes, I say it as a one who made the same mistake.

2 Likes

I can’t edit other people’s posts. Sorry.

1 Like

Well he isn’t the wrong gender, you just were given a girls name by your mother. :relaxed:
Also Male isn’t the only broke one either.

You constantly wished for immortality when you turned 18? Not knowing you were going to die? Or knowing that magic is real?

3 Likes

No, but if I was prematurely aging so bad I was falling apart by age 19, I would wish for that to stop, if that is truly all it takes to control the essence then it should have obeyed and let more of our predecessors lead normal lives at least.
Like many ill people I image they did wish for a “normal” life more than once though and it apparently didn’t do them any good.
But all evidence indicates that more is required then merely wishing for something to control the damned essence and of course I think my mage mc is particularly unskilled and bad at actually controlling the damned essence, particularly during the most recent trials after we get out of that coma when it really becomes totally unpredictable and random.
Since that immortality is apparently still a grand price to the Bearer I think it at least takes more then a year, which is the time most of our previous incarnations seemed to remain alive after “receiving” it in order to really learn how to harness the essence to even a limited extent.

1 Like

But how do we know we prematurely aged? Maybe they just suddenly dropped dead with no prior build up. And again they didn’t even know they had something to control. They didn’t really use it as they were ignorant of its existence. How would they learn to use something they don’t know about?

4 Likes

Maybe that is the true meaning behind spontaneous combustion? XD

Just POOF off to the reincarnation center. Alas poor Yorick we knew him well.

Honestly. Tip jar. We need a tip jar for every time this question comes up :)) (like after every update and repeated question related to said update)

Or if you’re legal, maybe drinking game :)) “everytime someone asks about __________ take a shot”

3 Likes

Now make a better bug post - “Poseidon is only father available atm” is waaaaaay better than “Fishdad bug”… :expressionless::upside_down: It actually describes the iissue.

Also with the new update it’s your mother that names you, so it’d be cool if there was a nickname feature because now knowing who she is I feel like I have to pick a fancypants name for MC. So a “renaming” wouldn’t just be for trans characters.

1 Like

I’m not a mod … I can’t edit posts. :frowning: sorry.

1 Like

A friend of mine is going to start on some art for this in 2 or 3 days, and she asked me to find out which character y’all would like to see most; I’m already getting art of Adonis (based on refs Rohie provided me with) and my Bearer, so he won’t be getting priority unless y’all overwhelmingly vote for him. [poll]

• Adonis
  • Santiago
  • Calypso
  • Aeson
  • Avery
  • Hades
  • Zeus
  • Poisedon
  • Athena
  • Demeter
    [/poll]
    I’m only including the characters we’ve had some form of interaction with thus far, beyond an introduction (Psyche, the remainder of the gods and whomever else). I’ll be asking Rohie for references, though she hasn’t been on in a bit so I might have to wait a little :~).
    I also want to know, what do y’all think Ares’s trial will be like? I’m most curious about his.
    On an unrelated note, I hope everyone who is having exams RN is well prepared!
    I’ll leave this up for two days, I suppose!
3 Likes

I have a thesis proposal to finish by tomorrow and here I am rewatching Yuri On Ice (and definitely not over today’s episode) so yes I will need all the help I can get :)) [I’m half-kidding, I’m just editing out a few more paragraphs and I’m good but at the same time a nervous child]

If we’re speculating for Ares’ trial, since it’s tied to war (especially the nasty aspects of war), maybe MC will be placed in some dilemma to test their convictions? Like what will you be willing to do in order to achieve and secure victory?

I hope you do well! Yesterday, I was up till 4 doing an assignment that should have taken me an hour but I put it off watching Suits because my current look is ‘sleep deprived n self destructive chic circa 2005’ and I love to die. Relatability, LMFAO.
Rohie mentioned that his trial would basically be a blatant attempt @ making us look incompetent so do y’all think it might be tailored towards a Bearer’s weaknesses? I think that’s too indicative of cunning Ares doesn’t possess, TBH but maybe I’m underestimating him. We’re largely unfamiliar with things the other demigods have probably done a hundred times over, and we don’t possess a great deal of the ‘working’ knowledge they do, either so I’m a little worried in that respect. I.E smth like a chariot race (one with all of the trappings and brutality tht his trial might entail, of course) tht we’ve literally got 0 experience with but that the other demigods might be very familiar with. Our playing field is already pretty uneven, and if Ares was cunning @ all, he’d just have to look towards making our pre-existing deficits even more pronounced TBH. Rohie also mentioned that we’d be able to win it pretty easily given the right combination of sufficiently high stats though, so there’s tht.
This doesn’t pertain to this @ all but I don’t like making separate posts so here’s smth else: do y’all have any particular headcanons for your MC’s childhood with Athena? There’s so much good characterization potential there imo. Did your Bearer get along with Aunt Alice? Did they feel they could talk to her? How did they feel abt her overprotective tendencies? Did they partake in any extracurriculars apart frm the ones mentioned in game?

What about Sage :no_mouth:

Deficient where? My mc’s perfect.

My mc… Athena was his teacher. That’s all there is too it.

1 Like

So I killed the seeker and had wit has my highest stat, can anyone explain why I’m only getting Fish Dad as the…well dad? And why am I forced to be female? :innocent:

The (one of the) answer(s) is right in the title, supplied by my generous testers. I’m not sure what other methods can be used to make this bug more clear.

6 Likes