Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Honhonhon I’m with you on the heteronormativity board, let’s just wait until my family finds out I’m not very cis as well and we are going to have a long talk about that. I think living with an understanding aunt Alice and basically MC doesn’t care about social norm much since they were the biggest book nerd back in the day make them completely ignore that aspect of society. If not their “overly mature” mind thinking hormonal teenage problem is downright idiotic.

I like to make things…complicate. Bad habit, really, as I mentioned before, when I go, I go hard. My character got a bit too developed, I think. You know, the one with deceased friend is surprisingly quick to forgive their aunt and uncle (or dad, side-eyeing him so bad) because even for all of their distrust, they still crave for affection and love unconsciously.

2 Likes

“Too developed” doesn’t exist when creating a character. You play the character after all, so what they do should make sense for you and when that gets easy by filling in the gaps the text isn’t specifying further even better.

2 Likes

@Sammysam, the best friend option. Always

I like meaningful friendships (enough for angst and character growth and the like). Mostly because I feel tired of romantic relationships being treated as more important than platonic ones – mainstream media wise at least.

So it’s really great to have best friend as a jump off point for character motivations. My MC’s are all not fond of the seekers because of this

EDIT: I should also add since I primarily play as a female MC, I do like that Benji is a dude. That opposite sex friendships are possible and can be just as meaningful as romantic ones (in so far as heterosexual relationships are involved) //side eyes a lot of media

6 Likes

Typically it’s family -> friends - > lover. Under understandable circumstances it’s friends -> family -> lover.

Placing such significance on a lover can actually be mentally and emotionally damaging in most cases and can lead to an unhealthy relationship if not balanced out correctly with the other two. Even if that lover was a friend beforehand, you’re still placing a lot of emotional and mental focus on one person with, in cases of love and love confused with infatuation or obsession, a lot of intensity. But as long as there’s a balance, I guess you could go love -> friends -> family but you’re putting yourself in a delicate situation by doing so.

3 Likes

So can placing such significance on family and friends - espically family since unlike lovers and friends a bad family is difficult getting away from and the loss of one member can actually mean the loss of all.
As someone who lost half her family I do not appriciate being told that I should place more significance over them than the person who would theorectically love me despite me ace-ness (because the chance of finding another ace-person is low here. Really low) and be compitibale with my personality and be someone I love romantically instead of platonically.

Similary putting a lot of signifiance in a group of friends only to have a fallout and drift apart can be just a devestating as losing a lover a friend. I am sure that some here knows that group of friends who are a little too close, our have gotten a nasty surprise with fair-weather friends.

Generally I will say that putting too much emotional significance on any one group can be dangerous because you can get obsesssed with any one group and the loss of them or the loss of a significant bond in general is devestating no matter who.

Also the line are blurred. There is a good chance your lover is ultimately going to be your family. (Not for everyone, I know, but for many it is.)

As for this game, I chose lover. Not because the bond would be stronger than for a friend, but because it was a newer and first for Nyx, meaning than when it got cut down so dramatically instead of running its natural course, it was that much more traumatising as it was something she was already unsure of how to handle. (She has lost friends before, though not so dramitically)

Effectively I went for the most traumatising for the character.:sweat:

1 Like

I kind of hope that hentai folder you got there is for kicks and giggles.

Otherwise, I would recommend being careful with your screenshots. :confounded:

Ah, no, it’s completely understandable if none of these are doable within the scope of the game :~) Please don’t feel pressured!
And I think, @Okami-Nora was referring to examples or excerpts (which I would also very much appreciate!)

I’m with you because i feel now-a-day people are more unfaithful with their partners since its always “cool” to have more than one person. Plus i saw alot of fail realtionships in my life and im not even a full on adult, and i feel like if you put all your love in a lover you become weak if that person does something wrong and i seen alot of people when their so wrap in their lover do horrible things to themself lowering their self-worth and it pains me to see someone get conteol and being control doesnt always mean physically.

Though i also put my family cirst, sometimes your famy life puts chips on your shoulder and hungry for freedom. But i love my family to death cause it could be worst. And I take care of my elders, so i normally put them first, because how i was raise.

And Friends i put sometimes first because they help you somtimes with your family. But also second because some things are not what i want to do with my life.

But even though im suppose to put my lover first, I just feel if you get to attach its hard to break free. I guess thats why i like girls who tebd to be more tomboy-ish and a little cold heart because its something more comforting about it.

But thats also why i pick my mc have a gf because yes it will way on him but not thst much like a bff because you tend to tell your bff everything and at the time our mc so young so their not getting super personal with their Gf/bf i feel, so it will be easier for him to get over it and jump to Calypso even though if he loses her all hell will break lose. But if my mc lose his bff best believe he would have not going with saint so easily or Calypso he would try to kill them because he sees them as all seekers, especially when he doesnt know Calypso not a seeker till later.

lol thanks. I didn’t even notice it. Well, that’s what I get for not sorting through my bookmarks in over 5 years.

Oh yeah generally focusing on one person/people/bond is unhealthy, I just know of a lot more mental illnesses associated with love/obsession.

@Rohie, So, as far as the romances in the game go, I know the Sage, Santiago, and Avery ones haven’t had much time to really develop yet, but how far can the other relationships go right now? I know the MC can kiss Adonis but the others don’t seem to have officially broken past the “friendship” barrier yet. You said that there are a variety of ways the MC can admit that they have interest in different love interests. Can you give examples, or say where in the game those happen? Your game is amazing btw!:grin:

5 Likes

@poison_mara, never change. :smiley:

But this wolf will stick with their liking for (relatively) innocent displays of affections…depending on what type of Bearer I’m playing. The Trio of Poseidon are quite innocent to romantic relationships; they’ve been much more focused on developing skills to handle the hardships that were thrown at them and didn’t really have too much time to even consider relationships. Echo may be the most forward about their potential interest in someone, but that’s mainly since they’re a very direct person by nature when it comes to social interactions (to the point of being brutally honest); Mia and Evander are much more careful about such things. My Zeus Bearer Pan hasn’t really been into creating romantic relationships either, though part of it stemmed from him being FAR more mature than most of his peers, which a lot found intimidating. My Hades Bearer Damon has had A LOT of experience flirting/dating, so he’ll certainly not be new to flirting and making his interests clear (he’ll only be new to some of the needs of his latest girlfriend may have).

Since I was talking about Sage’s current feelings for the Bearer…definitely maim. Or maybe ‘mutilate’ is the better definition; you guys take your pick. :sweat_smile:

All my Poseidon Bearers and my Zeus Bearer Pan lost their best friends. Damon, however, lost his girlfriend to the Seeker’s hands.

Someone knows me! :grinning:

Joking aside, I really was wondering if some examples or excerpts could be presented to give an idea of how such interactions play out, @Rohie (sorry for not clarifying that earlier).

3 Likes

Rohie mentioned that some Gods would let their feelings about you interfere in the Trials, and all I could think abt was Athena disguising herself as something inconspicuous to trail you around. She’s interfered before, what’s to stop her from ‘nudging you in the right direction’ again?

3 Likes

I love Athena! I know a lot MCs don’t trust the Gods, probably rightly so, but mine can’t help but trust them. She’s just naturally a kind person, somethings too much, even with all the crap thrown at her. Who couldn’t love Uncle Henry (Hades) though? And is it just me or does it seem like Athena and Hades had something going on when they were raising the MC together?:wink:

Just out of curiosity, what RO is everyone going to pursue? I may be a little late to the discussion.:sweat_smile: My mage MC loses her boyfriend, and while she’ll always remember him fondly and try to get justice for him, she tries to not live in the past. That may be why she forgives Athena, Hades, and her dad so easily. She’s a bit of a player actually. She’s interested in Adonis at first, but then gets interested in Aeson because of their connection. I think it’s pretty cute and funny when my MC asks Aeson to dance and Adonis gets jealous. :grin:

I know I’m a bit of dork for saying this, but I love the cute moments the MC gets with their RO or their family. Can’t wait for when my MC and Saint realize their siblings. (Is Saint older or younger than the MC?):confused:

3 Likes

I want to ask question,i even sign in for this:
Why i always get poseidon as father?(to simple huh?) I ask this because i want hades as father,even though my wit was 80

There is a bug where Poseidon is everyone’s father - it is due to be fixed with the next update.

Maybe this should be added to the FAQ @Rohie ?

1 Like

Yeah I getting tired restarting this

Why would you want something to happen between Athena and Hades?

It already has. Athena has a hold on him because of what had happened.

1 Like