Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Well, maybe, but that’s your preference, and Sawyer fits my preferences better than Santiago, and far better than either of the other boys (annoyingly, Avery and Calypso would be great if they were male), and we were talking about our character preferences.

Sorry, Mara, but I aim to ensure that your character is forced to romance someone you don’t want to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (That was a joke, by the way.)

1 Like

Lame guy was so damn lame… He sounded like asthmatic dog trying to purr like a kitty. And he was so childish. He sounded like a 10 years old with a teddy bear. My first reaction was is Mara romancing this lame waterboy because?

My reaction was, ahh she’s nice, she’ll be dead in a minute and in character nice to her and protective while she was alive and then indifferent once dead. Though my character took all the indifferent options anyway.

1 Like

Please @Rohie I’ll give you my firstborn. :persevere:

My MC is probably traumatized for life over dead Benji, that explains her being emotional unavailable.

2 Likes

Did everybody choose to have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Is my MC really the only one who lost her best friend instead?

5 Likes

Depends on my mood. Though I do prefer to have a girlfriend just to set a precedent, of not caring for people.

And that doesn’t work with a BFF, too? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

People’s preference. I have best friend for one of my main Ni Lavei as well. My other had a girlfriend because I want him to go through emotional trauma and survivor’s guilt that shapes his character later on in the story. While the first one’s established their inabilities to make friend, the second one gets difficulties with intimate relationship. Perspective, honestly.

cricket noises

You’re not supposed to do that to a fourteen-year-old.

3 Likes

That’s just what I just choose for my main bearer…

No that’s not what I meant. Create your character’s story however you want.

I meant why this is seemingly only effectively possible when choosing the romantic bound?

I’m probably just weird because I also don’t see much difference between this:

and this tbh…:

But it’s interesting to see the reasoning other people have.

But to get some numbers too, (please choose what option you take the most/for your Main!MC/prefer instead of the others):
So, who did your MC lose:

• Boyfriend
  • Girlfriend
  • Best Friend
0 voters

I don’t know if we’ve spoken about this but I’m only getting posideon as a father even when I so everything right for hades is that normal.

1 Like

It’s a bug and the author knows about it. Give them some time to fix it until the next update.

Ok thanks I just wasn’t sure.

Aren’t romantic bonds typically seen as one of the most important bonds by other people?

1 Like

Depends who you ask? I sure as hell am fine without a romantic partner, but without my social network of friends…probably not so much.

Romantic relationships may have some differences in the way they play out/their nature compared to friendships (it aren’t always that many, hence why friends to lovers is a rather popular trope), but it’s weird to give romance a higher value, just because of those differences in my eyes.

But it’s also possible that I’m just weird.

6 Likes

Nope, not weird, I totally agree with you.

Well, then again, we may both be weird.

3 Likes

For me it’s friends>family>lover, I’d choose my small group of childhood friends over a lover without batting an eye.

2 Likes

This is so character-centric and it mostly bases on how I perceive my Laveis aha skip these two paragraphs if you don’t care about personal characterization :0

The difference is that one is nervous about the aspect of friendship but they don’t worry about romance because they never experience it before, and the runaway life is not exactly hospitable for those who wants to establish a relationship ? It’s foreign to them but they won’t be afraid of what hey haven’t known yet :open_mouth: So yeah, that romantic attraction is completely foreign for them while friendship is another story entirely. Would you care about something you never acknowledge of before it comes? Probably not. They, too, are afraid of the possibility of romance when it exists, but not the same way the one below feels since they have never experienced it before, they are curious about it.

The second one is more sociable and he has friends all around the places but he is not just ready for romance. I made him as a character who has many friends but ultimately, will never be as many when it comes to romance. As I mentioned above, Aelin’s death is one of the changing point in his life and yeah, it wasn’t there until this update but it solidified that he always copes with survivor’s guilt. If he always worries about that, do you think he would easily move on and care about someone else other than her? Yeah sure, it was a puppy love, they were fourteen — the aspect is not that different from friendship with attraction.

Anyway, look at it this way, maybe other Night Laveis don’t suffer from this, maybe they do. It has effects on their lives. People can love their friends, sure, but not the same way they love people who they share a romantic attraction with.

Or, it probably because I’m just a romantic. Mhm…romance.

I was going to write an essay on character analysis but when I go, I go hard so I should just stop here aha I feel immerse regret by the time I’m done with this.

2 Likes

What if they were one of your close friends beforehand?

Plus I did shun my family relationships too.

Hey my problem is not with preferring to play with a girlfriend for your MC, really not. :sweat_smile: For me just your reasoning did read weird as it seemed to imply that it wouldn’t work that well with a bff instead of a gf, that’s it. If it’s different for you then it’s just how things are. People are different and messy and all…

Well, considering how group pressure works and how at a certain age people are just expected to have crushes (let’s not start to talk about the role heteronormativity often plays in this) I would beg to differ…but anyway interesting what motivates your characters.

Honestly mine doesn’t really make it that complicated. Their friend got targeted because they were close to them just like their Aunt, so the problem didn’t lie in their capability to build and to maintain a friendship but in the fact that everybody close to them is in danger, no matter the nature of the relationship.
What gave her more trust/relationship issues is that living on the street is not really a place where you can just trust everybody and that her family (Athena and Hades) lied to her and abandoned her when she needed them.

3 Likes