Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Concept: Baeson and the MC training their “Magic” together. :blush:

3 Likes

Concept 1: Cally tries to teach the Bearer how to handle an opponent in battle and (possibly) get them more familiar with their new weapon. The fight starts normally, but begins to take on aspects of a playful dance between two warriors before either the Bearer manages to pin Cally down or Cally pins the Bearer down. Saint ends up coming across them since he was sent to find them so that the group could get moving, but quickly walks away after seeing them while loudly saying “MY EYES :fearful:!”

Concept 2: Adonis and the Bearer go for a bit of a swim in a river while the group is resting. They have a playful water fight, but during that time the Bearer is distracted, Adonis manages to close the distance between them and has them trapped between his arms and against a rock wall. The playfulness gets replaced by an unknown tension, and our Fire forged Flirt places a finger under their chin and carefully leans in, green eyes slightly focused on the Bearer’s reaction to his advance. But just as their lips are just centimeters apart, Saint comes in and does a cannonball into the river, not knowing the two were there. Needless to say, the mood is completely destroyed and Donny proceeds to go after Saint, cursing in French, while Saint runs from his wrath yelling “What did I do :confounded:!?”

Concept 3: Sage tries to get out of debt of the Bearer possibly protecting her by visiting them while they are resting from the recent fight. Bearer is stubborn about it her looking at their wounds, so she proceeds to pin them down to prevent their escape and to tell them to ‘stop being stubborn and take off your clothes’ so that she can check how bad the wounds are. Unfortunately, Saint comes in, only heard the words 'take off your clothes" and smirks when he sees the position they are in while saying “Well, looks like you two are getting along better :smirk:”.

…Can anyone tell I’ve been playing too much with my imagination of these scenarios? :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Saint is the official moment ruiner and provides better protection than most contraceptives? //shot for awful jokes

On a serious note: I think concept 1 I think was green lit from ages ago – memory could be wrong – but idk if it still stands?

I’m definitely game for a beach episode though haha. But pretty happy we already got the gang in formal wear so :>

8 Likes

I like how Saint is always the one to ruin the moment :smiley: but I’d love for Athena or Lavei’s father to be the one to walk in on Lavei and RO. Talk about awkward :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Nothing d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶s̶ enhances a romantic moment better than being interrupted by your own sibling just as things are getting good. :grin:

Saint strikes me as the one who would have the worst luck of catching the Bearer with their RO in a VERY romantically tense moment for some reason. :laughing:

I would love to see how the Bearer handles getting caught by their parental figures. I would love it even more if I get to see how the Bearer or the RO themselves handles getting caught by one of the ROs’ parents while The Bearer is having a moment with their kid. :smirk:

3 Likes

Let me tell you something: Too much imagination and investment when it comes to fictional characters is just not possible…(otherwise I may should start to worry…)

Also…am I the only one that hopes for snark-to-snark combat with Santiago? …I’m just really hoping for a relationship based on playful belligerent sexual tension…not like the “I seriously want to kill you” belligerent sexual tension between MC and Sage…

15 Likes

Hey, that’s just how Sage expresses her love!

I’m all for the chance to be teasingly snarky toward our ROs (especially Santiago). I don’t know why, but Avery herself sort’ve strikes me as a someone who is subtly snarky herself, so I’d be funny to see her being a little sarcastic with the Bearer about certain things as she heals them. :joy:

…There’s doesn’t seem anything sexual about that tension between that tension; just normal tension where Sage wants to flat-out maim the Bearer right now. :laughing:

6 Likes

Well, this is obviously something people disagree about…:wink: (and I know about it, that’s why I thought I should add the addendum about Sage… to clarify things)

1 Like

sighs

Poor Sage, my MC is the only who understands her.

1 Like

Wait, are we talking abt the potential ways in which the Bearer might express interest, or RO bonding in general? With regards to the ceremony, I think Rohie ruled anything physical out.

Personally, I totally agree tht Saint seems like the likeliest candidate for that particular position, LMAO. It’d be funny to see whether or not any of the ROS lose their tempers.
Saint: Hey, listen ______________
RO: No offense, but get TF
Conversely, the image of Adonis swearing loudly in french whilst chasing a confused Saint is very agreeable. I can see Santiago eyeing him contemptuously, while Calypso tries to laugh it off in a vaguely threatening manner. I can’t picture Aeson doing much of anything, but I think it’s because we just haven’t seen very much of him.
Who do y’all think is the most direct of the ROS? They all have so much baggage to wade through, though. I have a hard time seeing Adonis as direct since we’ve established that he’s likely going to experience a lot of fear with regards to his feelings towards the Bearer. I think he’s going to practice avoidance LMAO. Perhaps Calypso, or Santiago (I don’t think we know enough abt him)? Rohie mentioned a confrontation if you choose to display an interest in two people, so do you think that confrontation will be the catalyst into entering an established relationship? It seems that way, otherwise it’d be a little bizarre, no?

Obligatory edit to include what I’d love to see happen with the ROS, because I forgot :blush:.

• A festival! I’d really like if this tied into the love triangle, and 2 ROS asked you. Potentially @ the same time, if we’re into cliches. Carnival rides on Olympus must be wild. Compulsory dialogue abt winning the Bearer a Cerberus plushie, thanks.
  • I know odysseys have been mentioned, and I don’t expect those to be RO centered @ all but it’d be really nice to have the opportunity to visit somewhere beautiful with the RO, regardless.
  • This is something that is super vague, but it’d be nice to have the opportunity to play a romantically-oblivious Bearer that doesn’t understand why shit is suddenly a little weird (or that it’s weird @ all). Conversely, a direct Bearer might be interesting to play too.

This is just the more particular stuff, I suppose. I doubt I need to mention anything more standard abt what a romantic relationship might entail, anyway.
Romanticism is a little boring, I’ll admit but I’ll chalk my interest up to intriguing characters.

About Romances all of you are trully Victorian about it. Maybe is because I am latino and Spanish and here bf and gf with17 or 16 already sleep together in same room in parents home and it is normal as hell. I have seen mothers thinking her son is in a mental problem because only holding hands and that with her gf. I know is a cultural thing and that. But i dunno of that holding hands and small flowers of blinking eyes in a weapon training… Sounds for me lame as hell. I am about to die in a damn year like late. I am in middle of game of thrones trials. And what I do kiss my love in a hand ?! Wow… But @Rohie i understand that’s what normal players want so is ok sugary chaste romance no a kiss until marriage . what i am asking is let the player consider all sugary mumbo yumbo directly stupid and declares to his love interest. It is what i do in real life “Hi x I think is obvious but i am interested in you Do you feel the same? Or wanna try knowing me better” . Not all the rolling eyes lost sight weird indirects and crappy descriptions about butterfly in the belly. I sorry I HATE ROMANTICISM SO DAMN MUCH IS SO BORING I JUST :sleeping:

4 Likes

I think everyone has different opinions and preferences for romances in games, but we have to respect everyone’s different tastes. That’s why I think have multiple romancable NPc’s that embody different tropes (-dere’s and otherwise) is such a great idea.

There are certain checkpoints for each relationship stage and to make an “oblivious” MC who never thought of relationships romantically, but wouldn’t be opposed to it it would be difficult. Those MC’s opting out of the romantic altercations are missing the required checkpoints.

What do you mean? The code, or just examples/exerts of how each goes down. I think I can do that if you don’t elaborate.

3 Likes

How about the “missing and assumed dead childhood friend” trope? That’s a very common one. :blush:

8 Likes

Maim or tame? (Stupid 20 chars)

Don’t those usually have a bad ending? Most likely them sacrificing themselves near the end for you after having been revealed to have been turned evil, and then you monologue on their loss in the epilogue.

2 Likes

Sounds like a Shakespearian tragedy in the making XD.

1 Like

No, I’m talking about the ones where you save them, get back together with them, and then live happily ever after. It’s totally a big thing.

6 Likes

Sounds boring, and a hassle. Might as well hook up with someone else than wait for someone with five minutes of screen time.

1 Like

Please please not in my playthrough :pray: If that happened to Mara she would suicide herself or better launch him through a window… Maybe that is the tartaric torture Zeus put her having to support endure and romance that lame teen she let behind so merrily. It is a joke i could understand the appeal a soap sugar scene has lot of people. But for me see a romantic scene like that is worse than a teeth illness