Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Yeah, Rohie mentioned that he definitely had a bit of a reputation. It’s interesting, I still think it’s strange just as a general consequence of who the Bearer is. You’d think they’d talk a little more about it, but I guess we haven’t been given an opportunity to see potential repercussions yet given that we entered the trials immediately after. I’m curious to see how this’ll impact our relationship with Pysche, because I think she likes him.

Aphrodite: :unamused::unamused: Or, conversely, she might be very happy about any developments, seeing as this gives her an edge over the Bearer. Do you think she’ll consider that he might genuinely like the Bearer, or be taken aback by it? (it’s still way too early for a kiss imo, I really hope relationship pacing is something that’s been addressed in the rewrite)

The physical actions have been removed. It’s now admitting that there’s something there, and wanting to explore those options. You can come about admitting it differently. I think it’s funny, but apparently I have a dark sense of humor :blush:

9 Likes

Ah, thanks so much! Thanks for always being so receptive :rose:, but also :cold_sweat:.

Yeah everything is already decided. So you should have no problem with dying since it’s already decided for you. You should have no problem whatsoever with anything due to it being decided.

Three Old Ladies

• Oh this one is Mara! She’ll be a kind, loving, compassionate, dim-witted, no social skills, outcast, warrior who will go to the ends of the earth to save everyone. Then she’ll listen and be obedient to her godly family.

And yet to a child on the run who might have learned to form relationships rather impulsively, (a mere stone’s throw away from that eternal night), one could very likely dive in feet first if only to get a hint of normalcy. As mature as the Bearer may be, when you are ever so young standing 'neath the Sword of Damocles, taking it slow is not always the appealing option…

For me, this is why Aeson’s romance/relationship has been flickering long behind the other gentlemen’s glowing fires as he appears very duty-bound, and staid, and work first, play later, very my people need me–and my Bearer simply has no interest in chasing him. If he wants eternity, let him be the one to strike that match…

Though I do honestly wonder if playing the good guy, (and the patsy), has been taking pieces from him and he might switch captains if only to relieve some of the pressure…

4 Likes

If that’s Mara destiny shall that be Mara. You are mistaking several concepts in your mind. There is no contradiction in A game of CHOICES with Fate and no free will. In fact is a direct example. I player am the fate. Mara is a mortal creature whom is moved without to her knowledge she have thoughts and ideas so she believes herself own of her will. However i am the one choosing and if i will make her dress a dark velvet suit. She will even if she doesn’t like it and doesn’t understand why does she choose a male suit. That’s fate my friend. Authors like Shakespeare and most of classic philosophers believed in it. Is the force that rules time and destiny. It doesn’t matter what you did or will done because in the tapestry has happened already all time is there. If weavers had made Mara goodie she would be so and then found herself perfectly ok with it and natural.

1 Like

Actually Rohie is the one controlling her fate for the most part. Your just her will, they could’ve just as easily made that dress not wearable.

Basically predestination.

1 Like

I don’t believe in fate lol. But i was explaining how it worked for its believers. And why oracles and prophecy was so damn important in old Greece. Polis were shaped by Delphi oracle even Gods are subject to Fate. That’s why Gods way of act is so weird. They wanted kill us but prophecy makes believe is impossible

1 Like

In the new rewrite, Calypso tells you that Hares is her father, but if you dance with her, you have the option to tell her why she didn’t tell that Hares is her father.

Hmm I might be missing something, but come the MC’s 18th birthday and they have full control of the essence; they can tell fate to piss off. They are now above such trivialities as fate; they can now dictate destinies. Being the Alpha and Omega of things tends to make things rather moot.(Especially if they passed the trials and received the gift of immortality)

As it stands even without the full power of the essence, the MC seems (well to me) to be outside of fates clutches (but they do not know that yet). Everything up to this point in time has been preordained, the trials and the battle that will follow; are in the MC’s hands now.

Essence is Fate itself but like we have to be in human bodies we are part of tapestry . the essence itself is beyond but WE arent. We could control it but we arent fully it we are a human mind . cronus did the essence. Division to make us slaves of fate like everyone else.

1 Like

Just hope it’s enough to impress Avery enough to date me :smile:

2 Likes

Very true, and I agree with that. The thing is on MC’s 18th that no longer holds true. I have a feeling that the bestower has never successfully given over their part of the essence since Chronos split it up. Also knowing if transfer of power is done, the status quo shall be forever changed.

Plus those human bodies burn out too soon to be able to do anything useful with it, so on our 18th birthdays our mc’s are going to be “blessed” with an epic amount of suck.
The essence is a curse much more then it is any sort of gift or blessing.

What!? There have been several incarnations of the Bearer who have come into their full powers, except their human bodies cannot handle the sheer power of the essence and burn out within the year so they were never able to do anything remotely useful with it.
Plus if any of our previous incarnations did manage to get troublesome there is always the Bestower killswitch, kill Aeson in our case and you kill the mc too.

My mc’s weak and pathetic powers (well at least compared to his competitors) don’t even impress my mc himself, so I doubt they’d even come close to impressing anybody else at all. Of course they worked better and more reliably before that coma, but even then we were at best roughly equivalent in strength, but not in training and education, to our competitors. Not that any of that matters, cause Fate. :unamused:

1 Like

The transfer has always been automatic from bestower to bearer at least that what Rohie has said. Maybe the essence before created everything and with that fate created a way to us gain control again.

1 Like

Oooooof I do recall @Rohie saying that…ug…So even with that said…still does not change anything. The MC got the power and then blamo…they get obliterated by the power and cue the reboot cycle. The only difference now is that the MC has a chance of immortality and avoiding the blamo XD.

Think it out; if the MC with full essence had more time before they got consumed by the power. All it would take is one conscious thought to stop their own destruction. Surely with the power of the cosmos at their fingertips surely they could make their own body a construct of carrying said power now, hmm?

1 Like

No since changing our form to anything not human is also suicide, so no deciding I want to become a black hole now for me, unfortunately. :cry:

1 Like

We still have to be human so Human mind and human comprehensive capacity so we arent all powerful because that cant be in a human body . what i would love is made my memory and personality part of essence so become some kind of phoenix so in just moment of enter in coma and split essence again become it and destroy circle but i doubt if that could. Be made

2 Likes

Which means we can’t do anything remotely useful with the essence anyway, except stupid, easy destruction, but that’s not really going to help us any. :unamused:

2 Likes

STARES HOPEFULLY AT @Rohie

May we please get a small example of how this may go about without any spoilers about what characters it involves? And if we now have a chance to make the Bearer a little oblivious about possible romantic advances? Pretty please? With a cherry on top of ice cream? :cherries::ice_cream:

7 Likes