Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Nyx was born of Chaos. So she is the mother of most dieties.

@poison_mara they could just as easily kill you and claim fate. Fate made us kill her/it was her fate to die, she’ll join Kronos’s side in Tarterus. Since everything is fate, every action is acceptable, including killing us.

If they can kill you - and that is what some want to do. Yet, you again seem to think free will is of importance here. It isn’t. It doesn’t exist.

Again it’s your fate to die can just as easily have been woven into your tapestry. Even without the free will which you deny.

As @Eiwynn said there IS NO FREE WILL FOR FATE BELIEVERS NONE … I recommend you read some old philosophy text like stoic movement. Or William Shakespeare about the same theme. All has happened and being decided in the tapestry already we are just blind pawns in a chess game

If it is, it is. My MC believes the prophecy shown (as flawed of a picture as it is) indicates it isn’t but unless we can talk directly to one of the Aspects of Fate directly, there is no way we’ll know - and even if we spoke to one of the aspects they would only talk in that aspect we are talking to at that moment - giving an incomplete narrative themselves.

2 Likes

I agree with you logically, but I can’t help it, I still want to build a relationship with my father Zeus as well as the other gods :heart: All they needed to do is ask for my help and I’d agree without hesitation, I mean it’s not like I’m a stranger to the whole “trying to prove myself worthy of their love” quest :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wish you luck but knowing them lol they probably will kill you or just trap you forever in the pandora box.

3 Likes

Wait, your name is Pandora, amirite? Or is the box really named Mara’s box? :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I did dance with the others, but Adonis doesn’t have a option to simply thank him for the dance as of yet while you can ask all the original questions to Aeson this time around. Saint and Sage’s scenes haven’t changed much. Though as of now, I wonder if Adonis’ possible ambiguous moment would be something like him getting closer to the Bearer with a slightly nervous expression, trying to figure out what to do, when Psyche invites him over to the group of girls. So he and the Bearer go their separate ways, but not before the Bearer notices him glancing at them almost wistfully. Maybe Aphrodite will even eye the Bearer with subtle suspicion, since she herself may not know what type of interest her latest favorite was conveying to the Bearer.

On a Calypso note, I actually find it rather adorable that she walks besides the Bearer during the first Trial opening (provided she like them enough). There was something sweet about the fact that, while she could easily walk ahead of the Bearer like Santiago and Sage, Calypso chose to walk beside the Bearer instead and look out for them during the walk. It really warmed my heart how caring and protective the action seems to be :hugging:…and makes me even more curious about how bad her Ares’ side will be when the Bearer ends up having to deal with it.

The only reason I noticed that small detail was because I was playing as Damon in one particular play-through and decided to have him dance with Calypso. And since he is more interested in Calypso as a friend and he isn’t really the type who likes to ask too much questions, I had him thank her. So once the result of thanking her came in, and I got to the end of the line, I literally paused and thought ‘wait a minute’ and did the ‘lean into her’ option with Evander and noticed that (aside from the fact she actually lean in to return the kiss in that particular option), her actions are almost similar

That said, the hand thing is a rather subtle action, not matter how you look at it; it can be pretty easy to miss. It’s one of those ‘read-between-the-line’ moments, especially for someone like Calypso, whose actions seem a lot more direct most of the time.

5 Likes

Indeed, as has been brought up so often if their morality were more modern they would not let us into those deathtraps without having received proper training, like say Aeson. The very fact that they do is down to that Zeus believes it to be fate and not really training or abilities that will determine whether we survive those things or lose.
Of course my mc doesn’t like this or believes he has much of a chance of coming out of them alive, which I’m sure will be comforting to the portion of the Gods who want us to lose, but it doesn’t get him out of those “trials”, it doesn’t even get him any information or a “crash course” of training and info.
They just treat us like the charity case among demigods because Fate and to hell with my mc’s mental health, sanity or how he feels about it.

Yep, as far as my mc is concerned he doesn’t have any family that he wants to have anything to do with, except maybe Auntie if her story is true, which gives her the dubious distinction to be the only one who has suffered any discomfort because of us at all. Hades can go on pretending to be the perfect family with Aeson, my mc doesn’t want to have any part of it now.

Like I said the only useful thing my mc will likely have to learn fast in the sham of a school and of course his primary line of defense in his later, more formal, fas trial. :wink:

Something that struck me as a little weird for Adonis’s kiss (apart frm the fact that the Bearer’s only been on Olympus a week :cold_sweat:) is that unlike Calypso, you actually manage to kiss him. In the middle of the ceremony, with others watching, and that afterwards, Pysche doesn’t approach him. Isn’t tht going to be mentioned by the others, since news travels on Olympus? Especially by the others that saw you kiss him? It’d be strange if it wasn’t mentioned, @ least in passing by someone in else. Is it just me or is the nature of Psyche’s relationship with Adonis a little ambiguous in and of itself?

2 Likes

Well, Aphrodite mentions it (while slightly threatening the Bearer). So people did see and I bet they are talking…Or did that scene with Aphrodite get changed? I didn’t pay attention to it…

3 Likes

It’s Adonis. Surely it would be odd if he didn’t kiss you.

6 Likes

Don’t know if my brain is remembering correctly but based on that Gina(?) encounter, it seems like Donny has had a few (maybe more than a few) girlfriends/romantic relationships. So even if you sort of sped through by kissing a guy you knew for a week, no one’s going to bat an eyelash. I don’t know if the duration is as fast as changing clothes but yes :)) lots of superficial entanglements it seems for Adonis :))

“Oh so it’s the Bearer this week, wonder who’s it going to be next” or conversely “Oh the Bearer likes Adonis so what else is new”

7 Likes

Water is wet, the gods are scheming, Adonis has kissed someone he barely knows.

7 Likes

All Adonis receives on this thread is this blatant disrespect…this slander. How would you like it if everyone mentioned your 500 significant others @ every turn! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: O.K but this is Olympus, where you grow up under the influence of the Gods. How realistic would it be if the son of of Aphrodite (out of all the godly parents, whom do you think is arguably the worst at building n maintaining healthy relationship structures LMAO) didn’t have crippling intimacy issues! Personally, I’m looking forward to his relationship progression the most, and Aeson’s second. Do you think he’ll likely continue to engage other people ‘romantically’, even while interested in MC? I think it could go either way, to be honest. He might, in a poorly planned attempt to convince himself that he isn’t interested in MC, or he might not because he finds he’s unable to sustain it in a convincing enough manner.
If he does, his jealousy is going to seem exceedingly unwarranted, even more so than normal.

6 Likes

Shhh it’s okay. I am here happily shipping him with one of my MC’s :>

The hate fuels my shipping soul stronger

As for Adonis, I feel like he’ll try to see people while being interested in you – mind that this is if MC hasn’t locked in a romance – to see (as mentioned) if it’s just a fluke or really a thing. And I think we’ve discussed several posts back on why Adonis is the way he is (in terms of approaching relationships), so not going to repeat that but only to mention that he’s afraid of his feelings for MC for a very good reason.

But once MC and him are actually in a relationship, he’ll be loyal (or I see him not cheating) mostly to prove to mother dearest that she hasn’t ruined love for him :)) [I feel though this is more for him than Aphrodite but the sentiment stands]

And since you’ve mentioned Baeson, I’m very curious to see how the supposed “ultimate RO” fares given that so far our interactions with him are pretty introductory. Not in a bad way, but you get my drift :))

6 Likes

@squarelyblue’s words pretty much sum up the possible reason that very few people seem to react to the Bearer kissing Adonis, @gia. It does seem hinted that our Fire-Forged Flirt has had a number of relationships beforehand and that he has something of a reputation in the Institute, so seeing him attracting another person wouldn’t be anything odd to most people. Some may see it as a ballsy move on Donny’s part, seeing as the Bearer is a rather infamous person at the moment and who knows how some of the Gods (particularly Athena, Hades, or even the Bearer’s Father) may end up reacting to who the Bearer’s interest is on (still curious about Aunt Athena’s hysterical laughter if she learns about a Bearer being interested in Calypso). But it doesn’t change the possible fact that seeing Adonis attracting someone isn’t anything new. Though considering how the way Aphrodite gets really passive-aggressive about the Bearer interacting with him at all and Psyche not approaching Donny if the Bearer chooses to kiss him, some may be a little more suspicious about what way his growing bond with the Bearer will potentially grow.

But once time passes on and people see that Adonis isn’t moving on to a new conquest or just that his behavior in general seems more different./honest (or even acting a little more jealous toward potential rivals than how he has been in previous relationships, THEN people are going to talk quite a bit (especially Donny’s fans, because they may not be too keen about not getting a chance to be with Donny since he seems rather serious about his interest in the Bearer).

@Sammysam

The scene about her referring to the Bearer dancing with Adonis (and possibly giving him a kiss) hasn’t changed,

4 Likes

Well his fans can try to fight my MC for Adonis’ hand. I’D LIKE TO SEE THEM TRY AGAINST SOMEONE WITH PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER (with maybe the itty bitty living space)

[Hopefully it won’t come to that lmao, my MC probs won’t want to hurt anymore people/resort to violence but as a reader I WILL FIGHT YA’LL //prods MC with a stick to defend the babe]

But as a whole. I believe in love. Things will be okay (repeat ad infinitum)

2 Likes

:kissing_heart: He’s so cute, lmfao.

I wonder. My MC would totally hit him with ‘Go talk to Giana!’ if she was even a little pettier than she is, but she isn’t. Perhaps if you’re locked into the love triangle with him and Santi, he’ll be likelier to pursue someone else? Or maybe, since jealousy is going to be more present in the subtext of that relationship, he’ll be too preoccupied?

I certainly don’t think any of the ROS would cheat. For one, where would they find the time? You didn’t arrive on Olympus during a particularly lax period, YFM. Two, that would be a one way trip to I-hate-this-character-and-wish-to-destroy/murder/maim/etc-them town and you’d essentially have ‘wasted’ a lot of relationship development imo. Three, cheating on the all powerful creator of the universe and not getting blasted into a very fine dust? Your MC must be mad gracious, lmfao.
That’s cute :~). It also makes me think of the time Rohie mentioned the ROS vulnerability with regards to the Bearer, they’re essentially a pawn that can be used to manipulate you. I doubt Aphrodite, of all the gods, would let such an opportunity go to waste.