Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Be that as it may, my MC has a very Sith set of mind, ,if you are not with me then you are my enemy kind of thing. So, even if Aeson has his own agenda, my MC doesn’t give a shit. Aeson sided with the Gods. That’s all my MC knows and cares about. It’s dangerously absolute but it’s how his mind developed.

1 Like

Well he’s taller (and better looking) then my mc no matter what I put in during character creation.Now that may all be due to his superior living circumstances on Olympus and not starving while being on the run, but that doesn’t change the facts.

Well, yeah, that and the whole family issues, plus a crush on him my mc really shouldn’t have plus he’s the leader of the Scooby gang, yeah I think I’ll try the rivalry path :sweat_smile:

Well I did but her dear, sweet brother tried to murder me first.

Well in the new version Saint is the victim of his own crazed Seekers too, not that it will count for anything during that farce of a “trial”, I’m sure.

Thank you for reminding me what kind of trial, in addition to the deathtraps we’re likely to receive on Oympus.

Ever hear of a little thing called self-defense?

Amen, brother, though my mc simply wants to leave Olympus behind him, get a shit load of therapy and forget all about Aeson.

2 Likes

Ever heard of a thing called self-restrain?

And end up dead? As far as my mc knows those little killers are relentless and they will keep on coming and they never showed him any “mercy” so if he gets an opportunity to thin their ranks he’ll take it.

Besides as it is still very much a spur of the moment, adrenaline fueled act it still ought to fall under self-defense.

6 Likes

Lawyer talk :wink: 20xcharacters

As far as my MC know killing a defeated opponents is disgraceful, and yes, that’s a mage spouting honor nonsense, aunt Alice taught him better than that. (Doesn’t stop me from forcing him to kill whatshisname for the glory of daddy Hades though)

Tell me, does it matter if you subtract a number from infinity? Considering the seeker seems to be relentless (and endless) in their pursuit, I’m surprised you care about about their number, instead of culling their number, isn’t it better to find a way to disappear from the radar completely?

Also, you have the option to not kill him, both in meta sense and in-universe, not like whatshisname could do anything after your retaliation, slashing his neck with his dagger probably count as an assault, self-defense? Yes, but killing a defeated assailants is unjustified, at least, that’s how it is in my country.

In the heat-of-the-moment - the assault and the response to that assault is still an ongoing occurrence :wink:

3 Likes

with the addition of the emotional trauma from one of the seekers killing my girlfriend…I felt like all that combined justified my actions

3 Likes

@Eiwynn
Not so if their assault already ended, I don’t think ‘the-heat-of-the-moment’ cover ‘after your assailants lie defeated and unable to continue their assault’

@Lizzy
Does that make it just in the eyes of other who, bear in mind, doesn’t know that some seeker killed your girlfriend?
There’s also the lack of proof that your girlfriend is indeed dead, maybe she is, but that never touched in the story, the most we and our MCs knows is that our best/boy/girlfriend never returned, doesn’t necessarily mean they’re dead.

Sometimes I wonder if my MC is the only one around here who isn’t a blood-lusted, adrenaline-pumped barbarian :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m not saying my character doesn’t regret what she did, she certainly does, but in the heat of the moment with all the times being jumped up to that point and the first time (in her mind) having one of them kill her girlfriend she felt that this was the only option. I think I’m one of the few that left the dagger behind simply because of the fact she didn’t want to remember what she did.

4 Likes

Something regarding being put on trial for killing of the hunters…err…seekers just popped into my head. It would definitely depend on if it’s an open trial instead of just the Gods judging, when they accuse you of killing them you could flat out tell everybody present that the Gods have lost control of the seekers due to possession and either don’t know because someone (cough, Hermes, cough) can’t be bothered to check in from time to time on his seekers or know and (admittedly as far as we are aware of) done nothing.

With the support of Aeson, Calypso, Saint, and Adonis backing you up on your claims you can not only possibly heavily damage the God’s reputation, but also (after describing what to look for in possessed seekers) take away a huge advantage of theirs of little, if any people, aware of what’s happening to the seekers.

While Calypso, Saint, and Adonis’s word may not sway most people, having Aeson, Olympus’ favored hero backing you up, will.

4 Likes

Haven’t you read any of my posts? Even after Sawyer, my MC just couldn’t kill Saxon; for one thing it would make him no different from them (in his own mind, at least).

3 Likes

Not that this pertains to the current discussion, but here’s smth else I’ve been thinking about. Rohie mentioned that you could enter into a love triangle with Adonis/Santiago or Aeson/Calypso, if you choose to display romantic interest in two people, and that because none of the ROS are into polyamory, that there’d be an eventual confrontation. I was wondering how that might play out, since it’s bound to be interesting.
I was thinking of something along the lines of there being a dance/a festival/something of the sort that both of the ROS would like to attend with you, and they both end up asking you @ the same time. Maybe this is a little cliche, and perhaps it’d be a great deal subtler than this but this is what first came to mind (I think it’s because of the ceremony :cold_sweat:). Do they even have festivals on Olympus?

The summer solstice on June 20th is the big one. But, I think you’ll be a little busy.

11 Likes

I know who “killed” Benji and she is the only I’m after. I don’t really care about the rest of the Seekers. And while I never mentioned killing her in retaliation, I have far more better things in mind other than death.

1 Like

Now who is engaging in the “lawyer talk”? :wink:

Yeah, that will never happen for my mc. Besides if they’re going to have a trial my mc feels that they should have one for Hermes for failing to “control” those little killers in the first place.

Which honestly surprises me considering where our story takes place.

Goes to the mental state, if you act in that famous, adrenaline fueled “red haze” or purely on “instinct” then it doesn’t really matter if they end their assault, which they started and which caused you to have to defend yourself, before you do. Besides what are you going to do with a defeated relentless killer, I mean it’s not like we could have handed them over to the police, particularly since it is very clear now that Hermes hasn’t been policing the Seekers for some time now in the first place.
The simple equation for my mc is this, if he doesn’t kill Saxon then that boy will come after him again and next time he may not be so lucky, so my mc chooses himself, as do many people in self-defense cases, nothing strange about that.

Honestly if my mc didn’t get off by arguing self-defense if his trial were a real one, instead of whatever sham, kangaroo court the Gods will no doubt conjure up then in that highly unlikely case he’d still get out of it on a mental state defense due to having quite severe PTSD.

5 Likes

well… for this once, i have a different opinion from ParrotWatcher. i usually play my MC as kind as possible (even if he already knew the world isn’t all about ponnies and rainbows). but it changes everything about him and how he see the world after his dearest one getting killed. and yes Lizzy, i left the dagger behind too, but my reason isn’t because i regret what i did (i didn’t regret for killing the seeker, coz my MC think he just save the seekers from what has been done to him by the mastermind of seekers weird behaviour). my reason to left the dagger behind is because he swear revenge for the responsible one… not the Pawn who hunted him and killed Sawyer just to make my MC’s life became more misserable.

2 Likes

I keep the dagger for several reasons.
1_because it is a great easy to conceived one. And it is made to kill demigods
2_It has names on it maybe if my character find some sort of detective she could have a trail to know who is behind her.
3- Like a intimidation factor You see this hunter weapon I killed one of yours so go away before I killing you.

Main reasons I kill the seeker is because my character believes he has send with only order of killing her She already have seen people die on hunter hands and in her mind her aunt has being slained too. Becuse the options game give me is LOL LET THE WEAPON IN THE FEET THE POSSESSED GUY WHOM WANT TO KILL ME. Or b kill him. If I were free of choice I pick weapon away then menace with slain him if he doesn’t run away.And only if he doesn’t go kill him.

But like game don’t. Let me I of course kill the guy who actively tried to kill me several times.

6 Likes

At this point, self-preservation isn’t really something my MC’s particularly concerned about… :disappointed:

4 Likes

But how else are you ever going to avenge Sawyer?

1 Like