Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Thanks @poison_mara I needed a giggle.

But I wanted to be be Ceasar Salad! XD

3 Likes

Well if we have a repeat of Troy with us going after the same girl then yeah rivals…but since it seems he is crushing on Cally and I adore Avery then I think we can be friends :smiley:

4 Likes

Being enemies with Baeson?? My heart hurts just by imagining it. :neutral_face:

8 Likes

Huh. I’ll use this oportuniy to ask you something. Why do you like Aeson? I mean, I despise the guy, but usually I can understand why other people might like a character that I don’t but…with him? I just don’t get it.

2 Likes

Okay, I think he is awesome because he is kind of a “hero”, I mean he really values his role on the great scheme of things and does his best to act accordingly, also thinking he is ready to sacrifice himself for it. He seems like a good friend, who would do anything to keep the gang and the citizens safe, including plotting against the Gods. And I think he was the nicest to us, so far, considering he bothered to keep us on the loop when he arrived. :blush: Now, why don’t you like him?

10 Likes

I’m so saaad now. He is?

Lol says the guy who likes Sage. (I know you didn’t ask me but like him 38% for @Lexa’s reasons and the rest because he sounds super tall and big. I love big guys; there aren’t enough of them.)

8 Likes

I also like Sage. Something about mending dysfunctional relationships appeals to me.

3 Likes

I also like Sage and Aeson, but it’s just my character, I suppose. I’m genuinely unable to dislike somebody unless they have a prominent character flaw.

Aeson doesn’t appear to have done anything wrong, neither does he appear to plan to. He just seems to be a victim of jealousy due to superior circumstances. And people seem to be remarkably short-sighted when it comes to Sage.

Sure, she tries to kill you, but only because she believed you murdered her brother first. If anything, the entire thing shows her capacity for loyalty and her devotion to the ones she cares about more than anything else.

But I’m certainly in the minority; I have a problem with seeing the best in people in regards to their circumstances.

8 Likes

I’d go along with all of this, except I don’t share his mistrust of the gods, especially Athena, but like my RL friends I don’t have to agree with everything he thinks to be friends with him.

I agree with this too, I totally understand her being hostile towards me, I mean I did kill her brother and I can certainly understand and respect her love of family. I hope that there will be something I can do to ease her pain and allow us to get past the unfortunate event (I mean other than letting her kill me of course :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Something about her face and my MCs fist super appeals to me. I played as pacifist as possible… and then Sage stormed in and I just loved the wanna start shit response too much. My MCs all wit and essence so I hope there’s a magical/brainy way to curb stomp her. Warriors shouldn’t get all the fun.

I’d be down for a vitriolic friendship, though. Those are my favorite kind so maybe she’d shoot up in the rankings if that’s an option.

I have a big problem with people who jump to conclusions and make serious accusations based on hearsay. It reminds me of the attitude behind witch hunts and lynchings. So Sage’s certainty backed by nothing solid really bothered me.

2 Likes

Saint bothered me. I mean, I thought we were friends!! Did the first version meant nothing to you?

1 Like

Because being logical and reasonable is a totally normal reaction when your twin brother is murdered?

Remember, it isn’t just conjecture; he was part of a team of Seekers sent to retrieve us, none of whom returned with their lives. If you were in that position, you would certainly make the same conclusion in your distressed state. The fact that no-one, not even the Gods denied the theory has just made the entire situation countless times worse, and as unfortunate as it is, the fate of the numerous other Seeker squads sent after us makes the notion that we murdered her brother extremely appealing, and possibly the only logical conclusion in the matter, even when you’re emotionally removed from the equation.

The only evidence to the contrary is our word, which doesn’t mean much at all at this point, and the dagger should you pick it up, which honestly would only incriminate you more in all likelihood. It’s backed by quite a bit.

The witch hunts and the witch trials were different; they were the product of a failed theocracy, setting everything they had by the unmatched word of God, which nobody had a grasp on in the first place, inevitably leading to desperation and falsified accusations made by everybody and their mother to save their own hide from the self-appointed ‘judges by God’. This is actually backed by logical conclusions, as strange as it may sound; they may be the wrong logical conclusions (operating under the assumption that you didn’t kill her brother, of course), but it is a somewhat logical process nonetheless.

2 Likes

I have a twin brother who recently had a near-death scare and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t make projections of what I’d conclude. I don’t care if bad behavior comes from an emotional place. (Doesn’t it always?) It doesn’t change that she’s willing to (maybe murder?) someone based on rumors. You’re calling it conjectures, but it mostly looks like rumors being rationalized to me. The Witch Hunts look like failed theocracy to us, but to the people who did them, they made perfect sense. Of course, burn those women. The only evidence to the contrary is their word. If the ones in powers, like the gods or whoever, push something and a person goes with it, that doesn’t put them in a positive light as far as my opinion. Group think’s (not exactly group think; I can’t think of a better word for it, though there’s a popular opinion vibe here) not the greatest argument for why a character’s likable.

1 Like

Think you’re looking for “mob mentality”. If Sage were acting out against someone else in the same way I would be appalled, but for me since I know I did what she thinks she did I really don’t fault her for it. The only reason I didn’t choose the more confessional option was because it was framed as a taunt, and I don’t have any desire to compound her grief with a slight like that. I just hope when it’s figured out what was going on with him and the other seekers that she can be forgiving about it.

I thought of that, and wasn’t sure if it fit very well either, though thanks. Basically, I feel like if people don’t want to be okay with their possibly wrongly accused MC making nice with Sage, who even outside of her interactions with the MC seems like a huge jerk, that shouldn’t be considered “short-sighted.” (My MC’s never killed Saxon, by the way. Mainly because I like pacifists and also, while I never focus on Strength, Poseidon’s my favorite of the dad’s.)

I don’t know why anyone would pick that dagger up, I thought murder was something you hide from others :upside_down:,especially from those you are planning to court, even more if the person that you murdered was their relatives :joy:

Seriously, Hades’s and Zeus’s child have no justification for hating Sage, after all, they did kill her brother, made worse by those who killed whatshisname because their best/boy/girlfriend were (presumably) killed by the hunt-, I mean, seeker. (Bear in mind that not killing whatshisname lock Poseidon as your father, so you actually have a choice not to kill him, but YOU killed him anyway)

Poseidon’s child on the other hand…
Assuming that you didn’t kill whatshisname that is, does have a few reason to hate Sage, what’s with her trying to kill them and all, but tell me, considering what demigod are capable of, and the bearer’s reputation, and also the fact that those that hunted them dow-, I mean, sought them! Yes, yes, sought them, never returned nor report back, would you really believe that those seeker are simply off partying in their prolonged vacation? Or that they all died because of some accident? Or they were all mugged in some back alley somewhere? :sweat_smile:

What? Sage is the definition of a dysfunctional psychopath… just saying.[quote=“Nightgazer, post:8725, topic:15482”]
I don’t know why anyone would pick that dagger up, I
[/quote]

|Because umm, at that time I was being hunted for over 3 years and it is a high quality weapon I can place in my bootie and have as a back-up in case my magic (as I understood it at that time) might fail me?

and

More importantly it is a total reminder of what I was put through for three years… my MC would feel anyone not taking it was trying to fulfill a deathwish.

2 Likes

Well madam, as a bonafide mage, I have no idea what this ‘magic might fail me’ statement means :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT :
Y-you hide weapons in your bootie? How scandalous :scream:

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I hate him. He was given a role he didn’t ask for but just went with it anyways? He might as well have been a lapdog. I mean, he is ready to die for somebody else’s cause. And why? ‘Cause it’s his fate!? And he might have been somewhat “nice” to the MC but it doesn’t make up for the fact that he is still Olympus’ little bitch. My MC was brought to Olympus against his will, he wants nothing more than to get the fuck out of there and then this guy shows up, playing the Gods’ game and acting as the Good Citizen. My MC would gladly kill him, even at the at the expense of his own life.

But at least she is honest about how she feels about us. She is not afraid of us. I mean, the first thing she does when she sees us is try to choke us to death. She doesn’t see the Essense, she just sees what she thinks is her brother’s killer. She might hate us. but she does see us as another person. That’s why I like her. She is the only person in Olympus who treats us like any other demigod.

I think he goes with it for two reasons: 1. He was probably very young when the gods did start to train him as a replacement/second choice for the not available Bearer. He was only eight years old when he came to Olympus after all and at that time the gods probably already lost contact to Athena. That’s not really an age where most children would rebel against any position adults force them into, at least not effective…
And 2. by now his position comes at least with some trust from the gods and that is something he can exploit not just to stay alive but to eventually even find a way out of this situation. I mean, he at least seems to actively plan things behind he gods’ back…

7 Likes