Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Hmmm… do you think each vessel has access to memories of their past lives?

I believe that’s what the Heart of the Past is for

2 Likes

They will have limited access to their previous incarnation’s memories with the Heat of the Past item.

Imagine this. I go to Disneyworld, and I video tape everything I do. Then, after I get home, you watch the recording.

It’s not the same as going to the place yourself, is it?

The previous incarnations memories aren’t the MC’s memories. Just because their in their head, that doesn’t make them belong to them.

Those memories belong to people who have long since been gone. And I mean GONE-gone, not just dead. Their not in the underworld, with their loved ones. No, their just gone. And the MC will share their fate unless they get immortality.

1 Like

I wonder if we’ll get to meet Persephone, would she be the MC’s aunt?

And what about Hercules, the demigod who was poisoned by his wife but after death was able to join the greek gods (since only his human half had met its demise), I wonder if he’s still around somewhere.

Same soul, different bodies. The essence -is- a soul, but one is almost always a product of one’s environment. And judging from Nephlim’s comments, we can safely assume that we have a general leaning one way or another, personality wise.

Though, honestly, it seems like the gods were content to ignore the Bestower and the Bearer in general. Letting sleeping dogs lie, and all that.

Hades is technically the eldest sibling between him, Poseidon and Zeus.

Zeus is technically the youngest son of Cronus.

According to myth the three brothers drew lots, from which Zeus claimed domain over the Heavens/Sky while Poseidon was given domain of the seas and oceans while Hades drew the short straw and was left with the sad and bleak land of the dead.

In that regard Hades is one the most tragically fated gods in greek mythology, who by birthright should have been the leader of the gods, but ended up becoming the most shunned god.

5 Likes

Cronus was the youngest of 12. I think his mother and his father didn’t even know the dude’s name.

1 Like
 On the bright side, Hades, as lord of the underworld, also has dominion over

the stuff that comes from beneath the earth- precious metals, gems, he’s the
god of death and bling. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget petroleum and radioactive elements :stuck_out_tongue:

I am so proud. I’m basically Hades at a soccer game right now.

Also, there are some gross parts in this next update; if you’re uncomfortable with gore, I’ll have a very big warning in bold before the scene, but this is a formal caution.

I’l probably have to edit it out, but this is just a rough draft of the scene anyway.

25 Likes

It wouldn’t have a Greek mythology feel without some vicious action and colorful imagery, I guess. And how bad can the descriptions be?

Nevertheless, this guy approves

5 Likes

Violence.

Violence is always the answer.

•-•

3 Likes

Was*

That’s something I want my MC to try to change over the course of his story.

Funnily enough, I don’t recall Norse Mythology being as violent/gore-y as Greek, and this is coming from people you’d expect to see it from.

Or am I just remembering the wrong bits of Norse Mythology?

I’m not too well versed in Norse mythology but the fact that they have valkyries tasked with gathering the mightiest mortal heroes at death to fight for Ragnarok, the war at the end of the world where a bunch of the gods die, seems fairly violent to me.

From what I remember of Norse Mythology, it’s almost hippy-dippy lovey-dovey, in comparison to Greek Mythology.

Norse mythos can get bloody but from what I remember, it’s firmly planted on the “weird” side. Though to be fair, there’s a lot of missing bits and pieces – literal lost pages of the myths.

It’s pretty interesting as a whole though (good luck pronouncing things hahaha)

I finally had the time to read all the demo and I must say… I love it. I don’t know much about Greek Mythology, but it was always an interesting subject to me, so it’s good to learn a little about it through this game. Also, I’m really curious about Hades and Athena’s relationship in the game, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them being together before (not sure that’s the case here, correct me if I’m wrong) . And I also want to know if it’s possible to manipulate the Gods, like saying you forgive aunt Alice, but not really doing it and not believe in everything she says. After all, it’s only reasonable that my MC has some trust issues, but it’s smart enough not to piss off the Gods (at least for now :smiling_imp:)

1 Like

Welcome to our band of demigods!

Since it seems quite a few people (cough, @poison_mara, cough) want their MCs to “get back” at the gods, Rohie might include certain options to undermine their authority. Whether that’s open defiance of subtle manipulation remains to be seen.

2 Likes

Mythos wise, no. They were not a thing. Rohie’s version, however…

As to manipulating the gods, that remains to be seen :stuck_out_tongue: as what @RanchoJoe said

1 Like