Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Gotta love the fact that no one voted for Zeus as of now, lol.

4 Likes

I believe the most of us are still sane enough to be scared shitless of Hera.:grin:
But to be honest, my opinion oscillates between choosing Hades or Zeus. And I cannot decide to save my life.

9 Likes

Am I the only one who feels like Lavei’s in a unique position to be positively adored by Hera, if they so desire?

I mean, considering the essence is their best hope, and provided Lavei has an interest in seeking Hera’s counsel.

4 Likes

Just dawned on me…uncle daddy
Hades just got more bizarre

7 Likes

Did any of you guys get the Trials of Apollo book?

It gives unique perspectives on the gods… I feel somewhat bad for Apollo.

1 Like

Did you just…kinkshame Hades?

Oh man. I kinda want someone in-universe to actually comment on this :)) (bonus points if some random person actually writes a fanfic based on that and sends it Persephone)

Dying to get my hands on it! I haven’t read a Riordan book since middle school. Im interested to see the personality of his Apollo.

4 Likes

[spoiler]He originally comes off as shallow and indifferent but he develops really nicely towards the end.

“Instead, my regrets passed before my eyes. Despite being a gloriously perfect being, I do have a few regrets. I remembered that day at Abbey Road Studios, when my envy led me to set rancor in the hearts of John and Paul and break up the Beatles. I remembered Achilles falling on the plains of Troy, cut down by an unworthy archer because of my wrath.”-Apollo

[/spoiler]

But do remember, Zeus can strip immortals of their immortality glances at Ares.

2 Likes

I guess I did still oddly enough rooting for hades in the dad department hades has always been more tactical and level headed and trumps Zeus in the cool factor as well act as played a role in my immortals life

1 Like

Jebus, now all I want is a 1v1 of Nyx vs Ares… What would be the more likely win, youth or experience?..

2 Likes

Wait, what? When was that stated?

Since when is Zues more powerful than the other gods? I only remember him being the leader, not being more powerful.

If Zues can strip immortality from immortals, then the other gods should be able to, too, right?

I think that was in relation to the plot of “Trials of Apollo”, not Children of Gods.

We don’t have an indication that any of the other Gods would be able to strip them of their immortality…otherwise, with all the bickering, I doubt that MC still would have such a high number of Gods to prove themself to during the trials…

Ah. Ok then.

As long as the MC can gain immortality and NOT have the threat of it being taken away, I’ll be satisfied.

And you’re right. If Zeus could strip immortality, then most of the gods on Olympus probably wouldn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

He’s done it in mythology, Apollo and Poseidon built the Walls of Troy, as mortals. Which is why the walls were impregnable.

They were also forbidden to take vengeance when Lamedon didn’t pay them for their services.

Apollo has lost his immortality twice.

The first was for the failed revolution against Zeus which led to the aforementioned one.

The second was when he killed the Elder Cyclops to kill the creators of the lightning bolts that killed his son the God of Healing who’s daughter helped heal us.

Asclepius cured death, Hades was not amused and asked Zeus to smite him… Which drove Apollo into a killing rage and yeah, dead Cyclops, Asclepius became a God and Apollo got booted off Olympus.

@SiROSTRiKE, It has to be decided by a majority and many of the people that voted Apollo off, were trying to save their own skins. When Zeus is angry he tends to hang them in cages overlooking Chaos (Hera), Pitch them off Mountains (Hephaestus), Cut them into tiny pieces and throw them into Tartarus (Khronos).

Amazing, this is so much better than Champion of the Gods - and that was an official game.

I love how this game embraces its Greek mythology, each god feels pretty believable as a character.

Though I’m still confused about this one thing:

So the MC is the Essence that formed the universe, reincarnated in human form, and has led countless past lives throughout the history of human civilization? So what exactly is the Bearer and the Bestower? Was the Essence split into two individuals and they’re both its vessels in human form?

1 Like

Chronos weaponized the Essence, he divided it in two parts: the Bestower and the Bearer.
The Bearer can’t hold all the Essence for a long time, that is why the Bearer hold the other half until the Bearer is an adult.

You mean the Bestower holds the other half until the Bearer is an adult?

If I remember correctly, yes.
When the Bearer is 18 he/she will receive the other half of the Essence and will live only one year until he/she dies.
And when the Bearer dies, the Bestower dies too.

The Greek Gods descended from the Titans; the Titans descended from the Greek primordial deities.
According to Wikipedia, these primordial deities themselves originated from:

the primordial deities are the first gods and goddesses born from primordial Chaos or from Chronos and Ananke (depending on the source). Hesiod’s first are Chaos, Gaia, Tartarus, Eros and Nyx. The primordial deities Gaia and Uranus give birth to the Titans. The Titan god Cronus and Rhea give birth to Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Hera and Demeter who overthrow the Titans. The warring of the gods ends with the reign of Zeus.

Will these ‘primordial deities’ who preceded even the Titans be addressed in this game, since they do appear to be a less explored aspect of Greek mythology.

Therefore was it the Essence that created these primordial deities or did the Essence create the source that itself would create the primordial deities?

2 Likes

In my version, the Essence replaces primordial Chaos in terms of abilities.
The Essence is the power that created the first Gods (Gaia, Uranus etc.)
who created the Titans and so on. So no, Chaos will not be addressed as a
creator of Gods, more an the embodiment of actual Chaos, something that the
MC created.

Right now, the MC is basically the God of Gods.

15 Likes