Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

It’s possible.

Define “happy”

Outwardly, he’s the hero archetype.

8 Likes

Everything you just said has me extremely worried. But then again, I always jump to the worst conclusion.

5 Likes

It doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not heroic on the inside too. But it would be boring if Rohie didn’t make us question two new thing for every bit of information we recieve. :slight_smile:

I’m more interested in an earlier post were it was said that Aeson is “the opposite site of the coin” to the MC…and that Aeson and the MC is the universe’s Yin and Yang.

So far, from what we’ve heard, he’s already very opposite from the MC I’m playing. Their dynamic will be…interesting. ^^

Why do I have a feeling that the “happiest” ending is going to involve the MC (and maybe Aeson) jumping into the heart of Mt. Olympus and having the Essence scattered throughout the universe and reality entering some form of balance

Also, on the note of bad fan fics, would that fall under the domain of the muses, because I would love a scene were the MC just gets mad at them for letting this happen

3 Likes

Definitely. Best muse for most fics would probably be Erato :>

I really hope not. It’s a blatant rip-off of Mass Effect, who ripped it off from Deus Ex.

Not to mention it would earn my immediate dislike.

Endings like that always feel like a cop-out, and while I don’t mind that sort of ending for someone who legitimately doesn’t mind giving up their life for the good of the universe. . .No character I’ve ever made has been like that. All-loving heroes always fall flat, to me. While pyrrhic endings and outright bad endings are okay, I at least want to have a shot at creating a lasting life that continues beyond the story itself, even if it may not be an ideal one.

2 Likes

…You got me interested what lies on the inside then…

@Edgewen it would anyway be only one of various endings, as much can we say, considering that MC can also end up on the throne of Olympus. Anyway, I’m not as much opposed to that ending, though I would like it if setting free most of the Essence wouldn’t have to kill MC…at least not permanently.

Anyway a character putting up a stunt like that also hasn’t have to be a goodie-two-shoes, someone done with the whole Essence thing may also would take a way like that out of it.

MC, during the last moments of their life: …I honestly did that out of spite…I hope history remebers that.

6 Likes

plays Disturbed’s cover of that song again…

4 Likes

I just want the cliche ending where my MC gets to ride off into the sunset with RO of choice and everything is good and beautiful (or mostly good and beautiful).

And of course she has a family (or maybe two, depending if Henry is her father or not)

It’s the feel that the child has suffered enough, let them be happy :A; unlike Mass Effect 3 //coughs

I’m not averse though to bittersweet endings. I just prefer the happier ones :)) (well, at least either of them have to be executed well enough)

7 Likes

Aeson is giving me the vibe of a very very sad man trying to put on a brave front to the point he’s exaggerating it. He probably has a lot of flashbacks of him dying young or even some memories of Tartarus was like.

10 Likes

Oh definitely. Part of me thinks (as of now) the bravado is also more for him than for anyone else. It’s a big coping mechanism for sure (if ever)

If anything else, he might be a death seeker if he remembers all that trauma/if the responsibility doesn’t kill him.

On the lighter side: LET US EARN OUR HAPPY ENDING ROHIE PLEASE ;A; I’LL GIVE YOU MY MC’S FIRST BORN AS A POTENTIAL SACRIFICE

Is the mc able to have children?

1 Like

Why should they not be? Or do you not mean in general but specific during the game?

MC can have kids in some far off, rainbows and sunshine sipping lemonade on
the porch alternate ending.

11 Likes

Oh noes. This does not bode well then :))

7 Likes

I was thinking since the mc die a year after they have gained the full power of the essence would a similar fate be in store for the mc children

Nah, the MC dies/died because the Essences pretty much destroys the mortal body, as it isn’t made to withstand or just contain such power.

I doubt being the Essence is an inheritable trait (considering it would mean for MC to become their children, as the Essence is their soul), so no such fate for their children in store.

4 Likes

You’re right, when we die the essence enters on a comatose state until a reborn time.
Essence is immortal, The human vessel not. DNA has nothing to do with essence.

What if the essence curses the Bearer to have no DNA, like the gods. Then they can never have children.

1 Like

The Bearer still has the body of a human. And even the Gods can have offsprings with humans while in human form. A form that also has no DNA (as mentioned in post #1087), too so if they can do it, why shouldn’t the Bearer be able to do it?

3 Likes