Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

xD harsh haha well at least he dose not become a shut in because of all of it xD i mean some of that info would probably start to drive him mad o.o

Even if he was related to the MC, I doubt incest would be like a turn-off point for the ship (poor MC and Saint, the internet is dark and scary indeed). Personally, I’d find it funny if crackshippers tried justifying it by going “ALL THE GODS ARE RELATED ANYWAY LOL”

Cue Saint, MC, and all other offended parties: THAT’S NOT HOW IT WORKS ;A:

Imagine though people sending fanmail to MC - I imagine Aeson gets a lot (cue him giving advice/knowing look of pity) - and that has the raunchiest and probably really nsfw stuff :))

7 Likes

I love this whole fanmail/fanfic scenario. There’s something like it in CH 6 if your citizens stat is high enough, but I never thought of literal Wattpad fanfic. Gods.

(But I totally ship Ares+Athena= Arena, the ultimate war couple. He is mindless slaughter, she is cunning victory. Honestly stop me.)

22 Likes

Of course it won’t stop shippers. Looking at some fandoms you get the feeling that “incest” gets handled as a positive argument for a ship…

Pff, let’s be real, Aeson probably knows all the tricks to build a working public network…twitter, facebook, a blog, etc, and that’s the reason he gets so much fanmail (and knows how to handle it). I mean just think about his great entrance we got a glimpse at at the end of the demo. If that guy doesn’t know how to gather fans…:smirk:

But MC dealing with it: :scream::sob: Send help!

That’s what friends are for…to lead to your slow descent into madness.

And yeah for the growing number of Arena-shippers!

(Btw this is not just very meta, but also a serious Alternative Universe…who writes the first fanfiction?)

1 Like

@Rohie, interestingly I did my first undergrad thesis on Wattpad fiction (random)

Anyway, MC getting swamped with the whole PR thing is totally a thing. Pretty sure that once they’ve discovered that they have fans, they fluctuate on the extremes of “aww this is amazing” and “ZEUS, WHY”

And as to who writes the first fanfic: the muses (obviously) //shields self

[Erato is the one who started the whole shipping thing]

That was more meant as: so who of the nerds here in the forum want to write the first fanfiction in that au :laughing: But not me, I’m a terrible writer! :sweat_smile: (Wouldn’t be the first WIP to receive fanfic btw)

2 Likes

I’d love to fanfic but not right now (it’s getting closer to finals week at uni) and I’m just //slowly crawls out dying.

But definitely, one day I wouldn’t mind writing :))

2 Likes

you can do it squarelyblue we believe in you :smiley:

Id consider doing it but I’m still working on my own projects xD although maybe once I’m done i could try my hand at something xD

1 Like

My MC is going to be conflicted by fanmail. While she can logiclly understand thats she’s the essence she so disconnected from the thought emotionally. She doesn’t think of herself as very special and suddenly she got…fans?

She doesn’t like all the attention she’s getting. Even if she was/is a social person, she’s been on the run for 4 years, so her social skills are rusty and it’s been pretty much second nature to avoid attention and keeping her head down.

So realizing she has fans and recieve fanmail is going to be a mixture of confusing, flattering and unsettling. Aeson (and practically anyone els)e will have the upper hand in that aspect, compared to the MC. ^^

It went from the sadness of people ceasing to exist to fanmail and fanfic of the Bearer and Bestower pretty fast.

9 Likes

I’m thinking when it comes to fanfics, Aeson/MC will probably be the most popular in universe because there the two that are famous.

Also, would it be considered blasphemy to write a fanfic involving the gods, because I can just imagine someone writing a Zeus/Hades fic and getting struck by lightning

9 Likes

Fanfics and fangirls should be canon. God knows there’s enough potential for a stalker fan…

22 Likes

Well. I had no idea the rest of Chapter 3 and 4-5 were out. I keep falling in love with this WiP. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Is the stalker fan directed onto the MC or the RO? Like do we have the option to go “don’t worry sweetie, I’ll protect you” (or vice versa)?

On the topic though of Aeson and fanmail/art/fic/etc. Since he’s probably so used to it, when someone interviews him and brings up the topic of “oh you know someone in the studio printed out some fanart for you to look at” and he’s just “…keep it clean”

(HE KNOWS THE DEPTHS OF THE FANS’ SINS)

Or it’s come to the point where its just:

Aeson: Ugh, they can’t get me right like there’s no way I’d kiss like that. Gods, I’m a way better kisser, excuse them.

Someone: You’re not bothered that you’re kissing Saint/Adonis/Calypso/MC/etc?

Aeson: I’ve seen worse. Much worse.

(cue flashback)

11 Likes

Can you IMAGINE the sorts of fanfics he’s already gotten between him and the MC already?

…Given that, yannow, Na Lavei’s personality only existed in rumors of what they may or may not have done while fleeing the seekers and the gods.

4 Likes

Oh man, with some people thinking the MC was killing the seekers that were sent after them there are probably some really dark fics out there involving kidnapping and tortrue between Aeson and the MC

3 Likes

50 Shades of the Essence, anyone?

11 Likes

I already see it: If we follow that trail of thought for much longer the next time I look at the thread I will have to bleach my brain…

Oh my…God.

21 Likes

Conversely:

bring me to life - a fanfic by aesonmancertrash2k16 (aka sara bilesgie)

Opening lines:

Hi my name is Sable Shadow D’mentia Twilight Way and I have long sable black hair (that’s how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy grey eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Avril Lavigne (AN: b4 she bcame a prep poser nd if u don’t know who she is get da hell out of here!)."

5 Likes