Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Pallas Athena was another one of her names. Aegis could also mean her cloak and Zeus’ shield.

@RedRoses, I’m sorry for sounding combative, I just have been having a tough time juggling my coursework, social life, and work these past few months. My earlier comment was meant to be a statement, not an argument and I can’t even think straight at this moment to develop a proper argument.

Terribly sorry!

2 Likes

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I’ve been stalking this story and I love it to bits an pieces. It has to be one of my favorite things ever, it’s just so good. It’s beautiful. Your writing is fantastic and the story itself is so compelling… Like, I’m already torn between Adonis and Aeson and we haven’t even met the latter yet. Also, cool dad Hades. I have my fingers crossed for my mc.

I’m also loving the customization, not just for the looks but for how distinctly we can make our character behave. Thank you so much for sharing this. I eagerly await more.

8 Likes

Your words are so sincere. Sentiments like this compel me to finish this story and take you along this journey. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Speaking of customization, I’m REAAAAAALLY looking forward to Athena’s mom moment when she actually gets to discuss our. . .

fashion sense.

6 Likes

Lol she not really liking my MC’s piercings and tattoo…this scene shall prove very entertaining to say the least.

Yes, I can already imagine Athena trying to educate the MC in proper fashion. :joy:

Athena: “MC! Those piercings and tattoo are absolutely horrendous! Here, I shall show you the attire fitting for the Bearer!” :rage:

MC: “But…but Aunty, those neon outfits are from the 80s, they are horrible!” :scream:

Athena: “To think humans have discarded these masterpieces for skinny jeans! Are you questioning MY wisdom, child? These clothing will emphasize your features and BOLDNESS. Now wear them from now on, my child.”

MC: groan :tired_face:

MC hesitantly puts on 80s clothing
Athena’s and Aeson’s relationship points maxed
Everyone else’s relationship points decreased by 50

19 Likes

12 Likes

I love it. It’s canon.

25 Likes

I guess my MCs name is going to be Kratos then.

2 Likes

Why do I all of a sudden get the feeling that while Auntie Alice was a WONDERFUL guardian, she was that parent who was just, stuck in the past as far as trends go?

Like, awesome uncle Henry and “Groovy” Alice. Had to have been some FUN sleepovers with Mia’s friends.

Though, it’d be even FUNNIER if this talk was had RIGHT before the MC and the RO go on a date/have a moment. “YOU MUST FASHION CORRECTLY.” Aaaaaand the next scene cuts to Calypso literally rolling on the floor laughing at a miserable Mia.

5 Likes

Anyone who disapproves of 80s clothing shouldn’t be friends with the MC
http://s.likes-media.com/img/5594e973cdaab8b9a964feb5eed0c5d3.600x.gif

If I can’t get approval from the Olympians for my totally radical fashions, then I’ll go join the Titans. At least they’ll appreciate me!

24 Likes

This GiF makes me wish I could like something twice. Why do I find it so funny?

Edit: the longer I stare at it, the more i notice, and the funnier it gets!

5 Likes

Didn’t someone sync that aerobics routine to Shake It Off (and it worked really well)?

The mental image that Athena has a special place in her heart for the 80s though has me in stitches. Like imagine if she plays shipper for the MC and her reference of choice is “Say Anything”

//cue boombox scene for the RO

Oh, someone did!

Someone also did Mr. Brightside!

As well as Fall Out Boy!

I elect the option to win over our love interest with our 80s love!

1 Like

Admittedly I’m more of a 90s baby. If Aeson is just as dramatic as I think he is, I wanna see him pull off a Patrick Verona

5 Likes

Oh wow. Thanks kind of mesmerizing isn’t it?
I had no idea of the power of 80’s fashion…

Oh my gods, if Aeson winds up being this narcissistic overconfident drama boy I’m gonna be the happiest player in the world. Especially if they have crippling self-esteem and are buckling under the pressure of being ‘Chosen’ and having LITERAL GODS watching your every move (and knowing that you’re being a pawn in some game you can’t even begin to understand)
I can’t believe how invested I suddenly got in this THANK YOU.

7 Likes

Aww shucks. Headcanons are best shared with people :>

Also tbh, point your thanks to @Rohie. I just play in the sandbox she’s created :stuck_out_tongue:

And in speaking of which [headcanons] does anyone have an inkling of how much their MC’s going to freak when they see mother dearest O:

(mine’s just gonna cry it out some more…poor child, I wonder how much trauma she’s gonna have by the end of the game)

2 Likes

Aw man, this scene is such a gem. Heath Ledger was so enjoyable to watch in his movies :cry:

This was just a random thought but when you choose to sit with Calypso, Saint and Adonis with everyone looking your way, be it with hostility or otherwise, am I the only one that felt like The Avengers?

5 Likes