Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

True, but considering the kind of “dad” Hades is to our mc’s I really think he just clicked continue a couple of times when our metaphorical appearance creator came up (since gods don’t have dna, while still having demigod children) saddling us with the, again metaphorical, “Bioware” default appearance, while with Aeson he obviously spend hours on that “character creator” and maybe even “downloaded” some “mods” for him.
Like the “uncle” act the default template was apparently “good enough” for us, but precious little Aeson somehow deserved much better.

1 Like

You… you’re right! Saint can only be a servant of the true enemy, Haris!

5 Likes

I haven’t played the old WiP in months. Where was the implication that Saint gropes the MC’s breast? I’ll edit it out if the wording gives off that impression.

8 Likes

Even worse than that if you’re gunning for sexual assault.

Hmm. My Shepard in ME looks awesome.

And again, Poseidon cares enough to make her hawt. Even Thora’s default body is stunning.

1 Like

Default Shepard is the wrong Bioware game to use as he’s the only mc who actually has a nice default appearance, I was thinking more DA:O. :laughing:

True, but then Poseidon never saddles you with the “uncle” act while playing the caring “dad” to your half-brother, Aeson.
It’s just my headcanon, mainly because Hades has always seemed distant and not all that caring or sensitive to the mc, up until now, at least compared to Aeson we’re clearly his unfavourite.

1 Like

Yes and no. Aeson can be his expressed favorite cuz his loving wife is his son’s mother

You are a bastard and a reminder of your father’s dalliance - I finally got the Hades path - I like it except I didn’t take the gun >< at the end.

I think I’d have preferred the default over the “Oh God, I messed up and can’t be bothered to reset” Warden I ended up with…

EDIT: Maybe that was Hades’ problem. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well then, maybe Aeson’s stunningly gorgeous appearance was a true collaborative effort with Persephone, fact still remains he didn’t care to lavish that kind of attention on the mc, while Zeus at least did something for Saint (appearance wise), though I agree that Priscilla probably didn’t give two shits about our appearance either. It all doesn’t change the fact that my mc is sorely disappointed by his underwhelming “Demigod” body and those weak and unreliable essence “powers” of his don’t help at all here. Assuming the Gods keep their word and we live to see the end of the game I’m sure that figuring out how to use those “powers” to make himself stunningly gorgeous in time to celebrate the year 2500 in style will be scant comfort indeed, since he’ll be stuck with his substandard appearance for the foreseeable future.

But that was all due to the block thing being placed on you … i did not play the male mc but with the female we redefine our body in the hospital… or i’m getting confused and not understanding you (for which I appologize))

No male mc gets to redefine too, it’s just that my mc is obviously less than pleased with the result, though that is mostly my headcanon borne out of the fact that many of the male cast, Aeson, Adonis (and even Saint, I believe) are all described as “handsome” while the mc never is and then I combined that with the godly parents obviously having some sort of influence over our final Demigod appearance and combined that with Hades generally uncaring attitude and deduced he didn’t give two shits about how we turn out so he obviously didn’t make any efforts there on our behalf.

My other theory, though it ultimately leads to the same result, is that my mc’s appearance is “tailored” alright, but to “blend in” and not stand out in any way, which may still have lead to my mc’s “blocker” body still being quite handsome by human standards (because being used to demigods they may have misjudged actual human average by a few standard deviations), but his “demigod” appearance being “average” and “unremarkable” in all respects, while Aeson would have been designed to look the perfect “hero”.

In the end the result is the same, my mc being quite unhappy with his “demigod” body.

but it is exactly like the Eris Apple quandry - your Helen and the other guys are like Athena and Hera etc …

I think @Rohie is saying that we are natural beauties because at least for the girls, the options she gives are “classic” beauty definitions for the different cultures.

My MC actually chose to be 5’6" - because she doesn’t want to be a giantess, that’s not her. Althletic body, sure… a nice olympic runner body is perfect for her

and besides you don’t need to look like Achilles to fight as well or better then him.

1 Like

No, but consider this, in his old life and body my mc used to be quite handsome, while on Olympus High (which he doesn’t want to attend in the first place, having already graduated highschool) he is completely average and unremarkable, while both his half-brothers aren’t and that quite unpleasant shock, on top of all the other unpleasant things, does hurt…a lot.
Which is why he firmly believes his “Demigod” body wasn’t worth all the grief, particularly that coma that Saint put him through to get it.
On top of everything else he’s got to suddenly adjust from being handsome in his mortal life to being completely unremarkable in his demigod one and yes, Aeson makes that contrast hurt all the more. Changing that with the essence powers, provided such a thing is even possible, will likely take somewhere between decades and centuries to master, provided he lives that long, so it makes him quite bitter.
Meaning that whatever he can do with them in this regard by the year 2500 his “essence” powers will always have been “too little and far too late” here.

1 Like

I don’t think it will take this long - your essence will enhance your learning ability - its like your brain being on the ultimate juiced up drug for learning and your body being part of your will… and lastly, as your essence flows it will remember your past bodies and experiences

especially if you find that one inventory item which allows you to talk to your other “selves”.

As proof of this, look at how your body’s reflexes took a huge jump - from olympian to fast for even demigods in reaction time.

Possibly, but considering his past-selves have hardly ever lived past their teens themselves, I don’t imagine talking to them will be particularly worthwhile, especially when it comes to actually figuring out how to use our essence “powers”. Unless one of those bodies happened to be stunning male, half-titan, I don’t think my mc would want any of those back either and if he does going back to his “blocker” body will be most likely.

I actually don’t remember that, but those utterly random manifestations of the essence will do bugger all to help my mc with his appearance issues. Do you need to be a non-mage mc for that?

Since we’re still limited by our “demigod” brain, it will not nearly enhance it enough, plus in the game they won’t give us the time to learn how to alter our demigod body, since they are only interested in combat.

No, you just have to dodge n stuff - like when you fight for the first time the giantess (i assume giant for you) I really should play a guy once… but i just don’t relate to guy mc’s except in sabres and even there you know i give him a hard time for not having a female mc option.

If Athena can slow time to visit us in the academy then we should be able to do the same.

No, cause Athena isn’t limited by a “brain” as we understand it, while we, for all our essence “powers” still are.
Chronos didn’t place that limitation on us for nothing, it was likely meant so that we could never seriously threaten him, while he could still make use of the essence, and the same now applies to the Gods.
The only way around it is evolving what being “Human” means, but that is a slooooowwww process indeed, and we can’t just “evolve” ourselves cause then we’d no longer be “human” and break the terms of our existence.

This is not accurate - especially if you look at it as an ancient did where being human was much more fluid then “modern” man … and we can use our old selves for that older perspective.

Edit: do you have any suggestions for me when I try a guy MC … i like the classic Hector description of clean shaven hard chisiled guy like we see in Homer

I went for clean-shaven and athletic myself.

1 Like

Didn’t you ask @Mara this earlier, and say you’d change it to be less touchy? The explanation was he touches her arm and her arm was next to her breast so therefore he touched her breast or something along those lines…

4 Likes

Exactly the text didn’t say he grabbed your breasts like a stalker. However due position and the fact women have breasts with volume he is gropping my breasts in a weird way. I don’t know my country is very sensitive about breast touching I certainly could denounce a kan for sexual assault if he does that. But like Rohie would change the scene i havr no problem. I was just talking about how my character felt about saint with the current text.
Edit To clarify I never say anything about this text promotes rape or violence NEVER. I only said some gestures in certain cultures are considered different from others so something in Usa could be normal in Spain could be something bad or being misunderstanding as a sexual gesture. I know perfectly that @Rohie will change the scene to avoid that, SO I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT. However, my character Emo mara IN ROLE only knows what she has lived and for her he is a bad guy with breast obsession or something. My character NOT ME. AND I NEVER INSULTED ROHIE and who say that s lying

6 Likes