Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Considering that Athena is the closest thing we have to a mother, and Hades has been our only male role model growing up (whether he was our real father or not) I suppose wanting to play parent trap with them would be fairly natural for a lot of mc’s.

That being said my Bearer has no interest in anyone else’s relationships. Not Athena and Hades, or Adonis and his groupies, or Aeson and “hero” Aeson. He has enough problems of his own thank you. Especially since all these ships seem to be love/hate relationships.

3 Likes

While I myself don’t hate Persephone (need her to appear more to get a better feel on her), Evander is going to take a HUGE step back for a good while if she tries to get close to him after the first Trial. It’s not that he hates her, but Evander is the ‘once bitten, twice shy’ sort. So until someone gives him a REALLY good explanation for why they needed to be drugged for the First Trial (or whatever she or the other Gods did to them), he’s not going to trust her any time soon and might be a little snarky toward some of the Council too on his return (if he feels in a particular bad mood and gets provoked) . He may love Uncle Henry, but that doesn’t automatically grant anyone related to him the same amount of unguarded trust and love.

Aside from that, what are you guys looking forward to possibly seeing? Aside for the chance to see Athena laughing hysterically after learning about the Bearer’s interest in Calypso, I can’t wait to interact with the others even more, particularly Adonis, Cally, and Psyche (out of all the characters, I love the way she introduced herself to the Bearer the most :laughing:. Too bad she’s not a RO, but at least I can still interact with her). Also hope there are choices to help Aeson loosen up a bit more and be playful with other serious characters.

Thinking about the romances, I wonder if we get to see Uncle Henry or the Bearer’s father’s reaction if they learn that the Bearer is getting interested in someone?

3 Likes

I don’t think that trying to put together Athena and Hades should be an option since it is pretty unnecessary and would cause more trouble than it’s worth. Like Aeson (I’m fairly certain his friends would side with him as well) and Persephone possibly becoming your enemy or something. That’s just an example.

There’s a lot more I would say, but let’s leave it at that.

That aside, it will definitely be amusing to see other people’s reactions to your chosen RO.

8 Likes

I can already imagine one amusing scenario: a Bearer who has Hades as their dad and is interested in Calypso will end up seeing the two most unamused fathers in all of Olympus once they learn about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

And then we have to battle Ares for her hand in love!!! Yes I see it to.

1 Like

Pleasse continue this game is awesome.i would love to continue

Thank you. I feel similarly. When I do not like an option, I avoid choosing that option rather than wishing no one would have that option.

Yes.

I wish Avery Agne were a possible RO. She is adorable. It is hard to compete with someone’s missing half but she comes close.

On a different note, my MC wants to meet Nyx. Any deity of whom Zeus is afraid is going to be interesting.

“Nyx…” he says, testing out the way it sounds. “The Goddess of the night.”

“I know.” you say.

“Who named you?” he asks.

“My mother, I’m guessing,” you say. “Why?”

“Of course she did,” his features darken. “Well, that’s not going to sit well.”

1 Like

She is one; the confirmed ROs are Avery, Sage, Calypso, Adonis, Aeson and Santiago.

2 Likes

Excellent. I had assumed since Avery was not listed under relationships that she would not be an option.

@Norilinde

Well, Santiago and Sage aren’t listed yet either, so maybe it gets shown once the Bearer officially gets to interact with them on a daily basis. (or maybe the stats page will be changed to add them in the next update).

3 Likes

Rohie did say she was switching the stats page around when the next update was released.

4 Likes

@Norilinde

Forgot to mention this about Avery; she’s basically going to the one looking out for the Bearer’s health as their healer during the Trials and that’s pretty much going to be the start of her interaction with the Bearer:

1 Like

I found a typo during the dance when the MC (while being interested in Calypso) asks Adonis straight out if he want to dance with them. Can’t take a picture of the scene, but this is the part with the typo:

It’s at that moment that there is a pause in the music that was just playing a second ago, and a silence in the conversations of everyone around you. Most eyes are on you. You glance at Aeson, who blinks at you. Saint raises his eyebrows, and Psyche smiles to herself. You notice the aggravated look on Calypso’s face. Calypso simply glances between you two.

Not sure which reaction Calypso is supposed to be feeling during this scene, but here you go @Rohie.

I think that is the right context since if your MC has been interested in Calypso your relationship stats go up. So when you ask Adonis to dance she got jealous because she likes you and since you showed interest in her she expected you to ask her to dance not Adonis, so that’s why @Rohie displayed to show that. It brings the story more in aspect and makes the characters more realistic when showing that. Since if you have a crush on someone might act this way because you think they have a crush on you and your like yes their going to ask me out and they ask someone else out your going to feel aggravated too because you feel like you just been played. In my opinion

There are two reactions showing during that part of the scene I put up; one where she’s aggravated and another where she simply glancing between the two. The latter probably belongs to a Adonis scene where the Bearer isn’t interested in Calypso romantically and asks Donny straight out, seeing as she doesn’t have a reaction during that scene:

It’s at that moment that there is a pause in the music that was just playing a second ago, and a silence in the conversations of everyone around you. Most eyes are on you. You glance at Aeson, who blinks at you. Saint raises his eyebrows, and Psyche smiles to herself.

The reason I’m not sure how she is supposed to react is because Cally doesn’t react aggravated toward a Bearer who is interested in her if the Bearer straight out asks Aeson to dance; she just blinks at the Bearer (unlike Donny, who gets visibly jealous if a Bearer with a attraction to him asks Cally or Aeson to dance). Don’t know if it’s meant to be like, but if it is, that certainly brings up some questions as to why she’d get jealous of Adonis, yet not of Aeson.

I think is because the soul stuff many people imagine it has to be something between Bearer and Bestower. Like Oh there are soul mates for all the eternity. So even if she doesn’t like it she could see it like normal, something everyone was expecting. Adonis, However, is just a normal demigod so she felt like betrayed and jealous

1 Like

I really hope that the citizens of Olympus don’t have such an idea going through their heads; I can see it getting really awkward for the Bearer and Aeson if people want to see them get together while the Bearer is interested (or already dating) one of the other ROs (or possibly sees Aeson only as a friend or even a brother figure) :sweat_smile:.

But if a soulmate between the Bearer and Bestower is an idea that a good deal of Olympus is convinced of, why would Adonis get so obviously jealous? I guess it could be argued that he is more open about the jealousy due to not being used to experiencing it, but considering Adonis comes off as a lot calmer than Calypso (who seems a lot more straightforward), wouldn’t their reactions be more switched? Like she would show some openly mixed reaction while Donny manages to keep a poker face about the Bearer dancing with Aeson?

I hope you can still flirt with him for some Star Wars esque reveal lol

1 Like

My opinion is Adonis was always “The banger” mating everything that moves to be Aphrodite favorite. Then he suddenly felt something for someone beyond lust and What that person does, go dance with Aeson!! Adonis was never rejected before so it doesn’t matter if is with Aeson or with The pope you have hurt his manhood.

2 Likes

Well, maybe she just can’t decide because of whom of the both she should be jealous now? :smirk:

3 Likes