Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I’ve enjoyed the story, but that “flashback”? after meeting the bestower was unnecesary, boring and annoying so i found myself skipping through it.

That flashback is essential because the MC has lived past lives and it goes into the backstory of who they were and how they have changed history like Leon(your MC in the past) could have(emphasis on could) been the first person to come up with the idea of the Trojan horse.

13 Likes

Sorry if this has been reported before (this thread is a monster!) but I might have found a bug, just wanted to check if anyone else had seen it/can replicate it. Otherwise it’s a problem on my end. It’s to do with the Wit Stat, up until seventy-four it works in the Personality panel, saying ‘Your Wits are as sharp as Zeus’ favourite blade.’ But when I took the choice in the classroom to answer confidently in relation to Ithaka my wit stat bumped up to seventy-nine and that broke the description. When I check in the personality tab after that point it just says ‘Your.’ and nothing. Again, sorry if that’s an old one.

And while I’m here, amazing game, absolutely love it, thanks for the thrilling read. The thread is pretty cool too from what I’ve read, a lot of interesting discussion and knowledgeable people. So thanks to everyone.

2 Likes

Well, If for you is unnecessary know that in a past life you were the one who decided the Trojan war; a battle that is still remember after 3,000 years. Not only that could set your character romance history with Aeson. For instance my girl was in love with Paris (aeson) and that knowledge could affect her. Also romance Helen here Aphrodite sister is cool. However everyone could find boring whatever but the flashbacks are important tho whoever that cares about the personality of your character and how it changed through time

4 Likes

Thinking about it, the flashback felt (to me) rather overlong, and disruptive to the story’s flow. Also, thus far there’s been no indication that it was really necessary to the story (aside from the ability to have either romanced Aeson before or messed with the gods’ plans throughout history, which is fun, I’ll grant).

Somewhat conversely, I also felt that the flashback wasn’t long enough. It didn’t really make me feel any connection with Leon, and the world didn’t feel nearly as well described as the world of the main story. (Also, why is it Leon Antoniou? I don’t recall any other Trojan War characters having more than one name, and it feels out of place.)

I actually like the flashback and I reeeaaally want more of them. That’s very different and interesting in my opinion when it comes to a COG play. I’m also interested in past lives/reincarnation so this is right up my alley.

2 Likes

I think they are really necessary to understand our character special situation with the multiple lifes. And how influence the story surrounding them. And I hope later on the flashbacks given us some bonus based in other lifes actions

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. I wonder if we’ve met Adonis, Saint, and Calypso in a past life, though. That would be cool if Prince Hector were one of them in a past life.

I think not because re born didn’t exist in Greek culture except Phoenix and other creatures not for people. People just die and go to the Hades realm. We are the only ones that have a soul who transcend time and space . I think @Rohie has said something similar

1 Like

you dont know what your saying,
helen is in one os those flashback and she is lovely…:heart_eyes:

Side note: call her that again and i will murder you :innocent:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong; I do think the flashback is interesting, and would like to see where our other lives have gone, too. I just felt that it could have been done better (especially when compared to the rest of the story).

This would certainly be fun, yes.

1 Like

Maybe is a little slow paced compared the crazy fast the arrive Olympus was. But I think is well placed because met Aeson is a good trigger for a sharing life bonding with our other half. But that could improve with people suggestions.

1 Like

I’m curious now, did anyone not stay up all night reading when they first discovered this story? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Shit, I was up until around 6-8 am. Haha!

Right but those people still have souls so in theory they should be reincarnated as well. Although, like you said, that might not be the case considering that’s one of our MC’s rarities.

It should still be possible for the souls to leave considering Hades, Persephone, and Aeson can leave. I know they’re not dead, but from Hades comment about Priscilla being in the underworld “That’s were she should stay.” either she isn’t dead or it’s possible for her to leave even though she’s “dead.”

Dead people could leave in few moments with Hades permission. Greeks believed people stay living in death in the underworld . Not believe that souls could reborn and life another life. That’s only Aeson and us have.

There are a few Greek myths that deal with reincarnation. The soul drinks from the river Styx to forget their past life then is reincarnated as a new person. Don’t know if @Rohie is including this in her version or not.

As for the flash back. An argument could be made as to disrupting the flow or not. But calling a segment [quote=“ponury84, post:6385, topic:15482”]
boring and annoying
[/quote] is not constructive criticism. Please keep your comments civil.

3 Likes

Yes but there are not the same soul or person they soul is changed recreate from scratch from the forgotten .And @Rohie has said only us reborn the rest goes to the underworld. We never die as soul we just go to a sleepy state mind and we reborn with other mind.

I think the flashback material is necessary but because of its length, I would have had it as a prologue … and then been criticized that I was trying to put yawns and watery eyes into people :wink:

1 Like

Oh no. Its position at the moment makes sense (first meeting with Aeson); as a prologue it would be completely out of place, especially given its length.

Speaking of prologues, I think the current prologue is probably too long, especially since it’s mostly all stuff that’s revealed, more naturally, later. Some of it might count as foreshadowing, but the reveal of the MC’s heritage and true identity come far too early in the story for it to really count.

3 Likes

So, Saint isn’t an RO? That’s a shame.

But hey, just because I’m not supposed to love him,
doesn’t mean I can’t try!

2 Likes