Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Oh well i swear i don’t choose that and choose dance closely. :grey_question: maybe in my mobile i pressed a choice with the thumb when i though i was selecting the other… I was Wtf a kissing going on i just were normal flirting to put jelly Aeson later in story.
I love the Bioware jealous scenes between two characters

1 Like

I still find it somewhat weird that Olympus High, possibly the most over-resourced and unnecessarily lavish school ever, cannot even provide its (senior) students with the privacy of a single room, something even the most under-resourced Dutch group-homes now at least try to do. :confused:
Well if either Aeson or Adonis used to room with Saxon then they’ve effectively got a single room now but I still think that if anyone could have used a little privacy, or perhaps a less annoying roommate more his own age who might at least better understand him, it would have been my Bearer.
Then again, since he has already graduated highschool he can just skip most of his classes and go to Ares’ place both for some peace and quiet and for the other “needs” of a seventeen year old boy with a healthy libido. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For Adonis, yes, I’m inclined to agree, for our brother Aeson with “daddy” Hades it seems to be (or at least have been) different, which of course only serves to make my mc even more angry at Hades.

2 Likes

Considering how much Adonis likes sleeping around, do you think there’ll be any chance at some point to sleep with Adonis without pursuing a romance, just completely casually?

Considering his “weird” feelings for the Bearer that seem to be very different from what he feels for most of his bed-mates, I’m afraid not, but I hope it’s possible, though of course my mc would still prefer to take care of those purely biological needs at Ares’ place.
But considering how my mc basically doesn’t really like anyone, except maybe “Auntie”, at the moment, a purely sexual, no strings attached kind of affair would be very welcome at this point.

Who says Adonis likes sleeping around (or even does it)? Just because he may do it, doesn’t mean he actual enjoys constantly being part of shallow relationships (I do math, but it’s certainly NOT my favorite subject).

I doubt he’d be keen about doing such a thing with the Bearer either (much too risky and if you’re his friend, he would be even less inclined to do it since, as stated, he more than likely keeps his friendships and romantic conquests as far away from each other as possible).

1 Like

imagine adonis & the MC chillin in the summer:

adonis: dude it’s wicked hot outside
MC: not as hot as ur mom tho

LOOL

11 Likes

My lemon sister took offense at that.

“Incest is sexual activity between family members or close relatives. This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consanguineous relationship (blood relations), and sometimes those related by affinity, such as individuals of the same household, step relatives, those related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage.” - Wikipedia God

Incest isn’t strictly speaking, by blood ties. They were both raised by the same guy. Separately I admit, but still. Also I know the Gods go incest crazy but the main character is in modern-is times. Went to a normal high-school. Was raised by Uncle Cant Remember His Name (Hades) and Aunt May (Athena), giving a semblence of normalcy to the beginnings of their life.

Also… sidenote… I maybe… only wanted to romance the guy after I found out that Hades can be your dad and that Hades is Aesons dad. So, no I don’t actually find it weird. I find it funny.

TLDR: Hades was a parental figure in both of their lives = incest.

1 Like

You WEREN’T raised in close proximity with Aeson. Uncle Henry DIDN’T RAISE you he go away while you were like 8 and before that he just come and go. My character doesn’t see Hades like a parental figure also hate him.
You say your character was raised by Athena like a modern child. Well, that’s your idea but is not Canon. Mine was raised in morality by Athena in old Aristotle fashion. The canon is you were to a normal private school but doesn’t mean anything for instance I went to a private Catholic ruled by nuns school and my family is atheist and there were other Christian believers in the school.
So it depends how you consider your character it could finding it gross or not. Mine just even doesn’t stop consider it she just was raised there is no incest possible between God’s . It is interesting that for some small African tribes your uncle is who raise you and have sex with your biological was not considered incest because your spiritual father is your uncle. The incest would be inly with your mother or uncle.

1 Like

Regarding this whole incest thing: knowledge informs our attitudes, and our attitudes inform our actions. The game gives output as knowledge, and takes input as actions, but for the most part leaves the middle man - attitude - up to our imagination. So I say, this is an opportunity for the player to consider and deepen their MC’s character by mentally checking a box with the attitude they want for their MC toward this (potential) incest issue. After that, actions: you can either treat Aeson as your brother (of sorts) or as your love interest, and the game will blindly support your decision. I think it’s subtle and beautiful game design.

To express my personal feelings on the matter, I was relieved to find out my MC did not share a godly parent with any of her acquaintances. I definitely would’ve felt some familial responsibility toward such a person - like suddenly becoming a step-sister to someone you’d just met and hadn’t yet decided if you would get along with or not. Or worse, to someone you’d just developed a crush on…

But that’s me. Certainly, I would say, the strongest argument for this “incest” in the game being a non-issue is not necessarily the magical DNA one, but the fact that the romance exists in the game without any hints of it being incestuous. Like @poison_mara said, it’s all about culture. Ours just happens to be excessively rational, with a tendency to focus on the biological implications when considering the word “incest.” Culture on, for lack of a better word, magical Mt Olympus is just bound to be different.

16 Likes

I found a song for emo Mara.

3 Likes

I found a song that matches Evander’s mixed views on Olympus; while he doesn’t hate the place, he doesn’t really view as his home either.

He’s happy to find his aunt and uncle, make new friends, and is even looking forward to the chance to create a familial bond with Poseidon. But the implication that he’s going to be involved in a war and has to possibly kill others because of the Trials rather than self-defense doesn’t sit well with Evander. It doesn’t help that he doesn’t really feel like he belongs in Olympus either (really finds it awkward whenever someone claims Olympus is his ‘home’). But he’s sort’ve resigned to the fact he may never be able to return to his real home and tries to reach out to others since he’s knows there are going to be things in this new life he can’t handle alone.

(Wow, I wrote a small half his life story). :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So I just finished the demo, and when I got to the ‘finding out your dad’, I was a little surprise that I got Hades.:grinning: (but I was still hoping I would get him before I even got to that part :relaxed:). Because when we got to the party/ceremony I found out Aeson dad was also Hades so I had mixed feelings. I kind of had a little hope that he would a RO. But it was just be awkward because now I see him as a big/little brother :cry:. So I guess it’s time to go with the second RO Saint :kissing_heart::heart_eyes:(is he even a RO options IDK). (Also I really wanted to put my stats on here, but all my stuff is on my kindle, and I’m typing all this on my computer. Dose anybody know how to get it in here or will I have to play it again. I don’t mind playing it again if I want :slight_smile:).

sorry to give you this kind of news but Saint is not a RO.
You may notice that him and the MC share the same eye color…I am letting you figure this out.

Aeson is a confirmed RO though and anyway a godly parent don’t share DNA with any children so you are technically allowed to start a romantic relathionship with him

Oh well RIP my hopes and dreams :disappointed_relieved: :sob:. I’ll live thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’m not going to try to because I’m brain dead :sleeping: because I was up all night reading (I have a problem :laughing:)(I’m surprise I’m able to type) and I’m scared of what the answer is.

He is one of the children of Priscilla Angelis, so he is your brother.

3 Likes

@Urban SPOILERS LOLand that was no confirmed in text so Please put the spouler tag.

3 Likes

It has been confirmed, @Rohie has said it.

3 Likes

Not confirmed in text. Rohie may have confirmed it herself, but it still isn’t knowledge in the available game; somebody just arriving having only just played the game would likely be unaware of this, while you and I will know, having been here for a while.

1 Like

Exactly, most of people don’t follow the thread so please don’t put SPOILERS PEOPLE. Don’t destroy their fun

1 Like