Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I feel like that would be fair, if this was any old story, but I never really see it that way. I’m not forced to read up on the Gods past or anything in the story, so I end up making with what I have, and in all honesty they just seem like people pushed into immortality and don’t really know what to do with it. Don’t get me wrong all that murder, hate, betrayal is still there, but its never brought fully to my attention as reader so I dont really see them as just “That cheating, lying , scornful god”…just Zeus…Sorry If this dosent make cense…

6 Likes

@Obsidian I have its nice! :slight_smile:

@Sammysam Thats not really the context of those words…I just don’t really feel the need to scorn her for life over being emotional on her own brothers murder…In that sentence I’m just making reference to the Gods rather than their kids…

2 Likes

I think the problem with Sage is less of the fact that she’s grieving due to her brothers death, and more to do with the fact that she literally refuses to see any form of reason. You’re given the chance to tell her you haven’t killed her brother, and regardless of whether or not you actually do, she throttles you anyway after accusing you of lying. From that point on, she either ignores you or straight up refuses to have anything to do with you even if it sabotages her chance of surviving the trials.

Leeway in regards to grieving stops at a point; sooner or later it’s less of grieving and more of narrow-mindedness and a personal vendetta.

5 Likes

Aw, hey I’m just joking around. :wink:

You just stand out surrounded by all those people playing a somewhat grimdark MC with serious trust issues :smile:

But you have to admit that trying to woo the one person at Olympus that tried to directly kill you on sight sounds somewhat masochistic.

7 Likes

You could play as you want and I am sure you would win at the end but seriously anyone of them if not all are trying to murder and sending assassins against you several times some kind of precautions against them is logic as hell. However, I ak not a hippie happy kind of person Yolo through a assassination attempt.

Isn’t that how all tsundere romances start though? :laughing:

5 Likes

Right now it kind of feels like there are four romance tiers based on character interaction and history:

1st: Aeson
2nd: Calypso, Adonis
3rd: Sage
4th: Avery, Santa

As Bestower to the MC’s Bearer, and someone who the MC knew and possibly loved in previous lives, Aeson affords the possibility for the deepest interaction.

As fellow competitors in the Trials, and potentially close allies that the MC gets to know early on, there is a great deal of opportunity to develop a strong relationship with Calypso and Adonis as well.

Sage is being set up as a rival, and that will no doubt create some angst and possibly satisfaction when she eventually changes her opinion of the MC. It’s possible that she may eventually join Calypso and Adonis on the 2nd tier.

Avery on the other hand feels like a peripheral character, an afterthought, and her chances of advancing to a higher tier seem slim. I like her, but I fear there will be far fewer opportunities for her to show she isn’t just a submissive otome girl as some here have derided her. Finally there is Santa who is yet to be introduced, but as a fellow competitor in the trials, there’s quite a bit more opportunity for him to go up in tier than there seems to be for Avery.

7 Likes

Well I could understand that point of view, but its only been what? A few days? a week maybe? I dunno, there definitely has to be a cut off point, but I don’t feel like the grieving ever stops?..Hold up, umm…

Like I lost my grandmother due to a problem within the hospital. They used a certain metal plate to keep her organs in a certain way, but the metal was later found out to be defective, I’ts not the hospitals fault, but ever since I was little my mom can’t even bring herself to drive by the place and when I ask her about it, the conversation usually ends up with her, again, blaming the hospital.

I’m not saying Sage’s aggression is okay, I’m still staunchly against her actions, but I feel like grieving manifest itself in a lot of ways, and Sage reminds me a lot of how I’ve seen grieving handled through my life. With a lot of anger and bitterness that can take years to get over. Welp I guess my like for Sage is mostly based on my own past…woopsie…

@Sammysam Well yeah XD, thats not astoundingly wrong, but I feel like its more…out of pity to the circumstance than anything else…

@poison_mara Well thats a bit extreme no? :slight_smile: I doubt anyone would be happy through an assasination attempt. I just dont feel like there is enough evidence for me to go around pointing fingers yet.

3 Likes

@P_Tigras that is the best explanation of the characters

You’re thinkin’ Yandere, luv.

Tsundere just throws things. Usually nonlethal things.

1 Like

I understand that, I do. I mean, from an outsiders perspective I do, because my grandmother was fortunate enough not to go through anything like that, but in this scenario the MC had nothing to do with the death of Sage’s brother, but Sage still blames the MC anyway simply because (s)he was there. I understand your mothers point of view; the hospital should have known that the metal was defective, but what could Sage be thinking in relation to this that’s also something that makes sense? ‘The MC should have known he was being crazy stopped my brother from throwing himself off of the roof? And they should have known that was my brother?’ And that’s not taking into account the fact that Sage won’t believe anything that even resembles the MC’s innocence; it would be the same principle as your mother believing that the hospital deliberately killed your grandmother rather than accidentally. Emotions are clouding Sage’s judgement to the point that she doesn’t have any.

3 Likes

Yandere stems from the character having an obsessive love toward another character and acting violent toward them and the people around the character due to that twisted affection.

Tsundere are often emotionally-guarded toward outsiders and it takes a while to gain their trust and affection due to it. They tend to react a little aggressively to anyone who pushes their emotional buttons in ways they don’t like, whether they are the object of their desire or not. They also often have a good deal a pride and have difficulty expression their true emotions.

Sage certainly doesn’t love you right now, so the Yandere theory is out :neutral_face:.

3 Likes

Sage certainly had no problem expressing her true emotions when she tried to kill us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wrong term, I realize. Still, MOST Tsunderes don’t try to kill us.

I’m not saying she’s being logical, If anything in my opinion shes acting very childish and stubborn . My point isint that she’s in the right, my point is that she’s in the wrong for reasons I understand and sympathize with.

When I was making the comparison with the hospital, the hospital itself was not responsible for the mishap,they received a shipment put it to work, and only when people started dying did they find out the company making these plates was simply cutting corners. My mother blamed them anyway. My mother that knew it was not the staff or hospitals fault, chose to keep blaming them.

The hospital even started offering money for the people affected, but my mother still wouldn’t step foot in that “hell hole”. I was never really that close to my grandparents so I really wouldn’t understand the feelings my mother went through, but when I see a character like Sage go through the same kind of emotional turmoil I cant help but see the similarities and just want to help her through it. If that was intentional or not…is something entirely different.

2 Likes

@Edgewen

Anger from grief doesn’t always reveal a person’s full view on things. Her reasons for attacking a Bearer who killed her brother vs. a Bearer who spared him may even be different.

To be fair to the tsundere, the people they care about are either:

1. easily able to dodge the blows.

2. Able to calm them down quick enough before the beating comes

3. Have a durability that rivals the Gods themselves :laughing:.

So the would be hard to kill the people they cared for (though they can give those same people a pretty sound beating, which is just as bad).

1 Like

Then you’re in an extremely unique position; if anyone can romance Sage without setting her off again, I’m sure it’ll be you.

Sage will know that she’s being completely and unfairly irrational, but the problem is that she needs someone to blame; otherwise the death of her brother will ultimately be pointless. This way her brother didn’t die for no reason.

Sentimentality can be a lovely thing, but it can also be a raging bitch that prevents people from being logical, and I think Sage is the epitome of that ideal.

4 Likes

THANK YOU! This was mainly the reason I banned most Otome games from my play list. I can understand that it’s a game, but it does little more than reinstate harmful stereotypes/beliefs.

But trust me, Avery will not be submissive. No woman in this game will be, for that matter.

13 Likes

I just woke up and I read I love me some Herpes​:joy::joy:

You might want to see a doctor.

1 Like

Tsundere to the max…and since I do love a bitter-sweet pill, let’s just say Hades is one of my girl’s dad, and yes she will try to woo Sage…drops a torch in the explosives shed This should prove good I think…

1 Like