Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Hades, in the mythology I know is very sincere. Of the beings in Greek mythology he is the one that follows the beat of his own drum most of the time and is the one god that does not fall into many of the same traps over and over. I agree with Mara on a lot of what she is saying but not so much when it comes to Hades.

He is playing a long game but he is playing his own and always has been.

5 Likes

People give Hades my Pa! some love

Of course he is playing his game. Like all the damn gods. The fact he acts like a soap opera emotional support daddy faking being so perfect and so close to us. Make me hate him as father, it is obvious fake for my character so much fake that he is making her hating him ever more. But niw game is fixed Zeus is my dad so all is ok, And I only have to suffer her Henry uncle acting. He is dadass though, it is the fact of him trying to manipulate my character so poorly done what make me don’t like him.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, but I’m curious to see how the MC fits into this game. Because we as the player know that he’s playing a long game and that he in all likelihood knows what he’s doing, but in regards to the character it would take somebody of remarkable emotional fortitude not to hate Hades for his involvement in how the MC is treated in comparison with Aeson. Or if not remarkable emotional fortitude, somebody who genuinely doesn’t care (i.e. psychopath MC I was talking about), but that person will still probably kill him in the end.

3 Likes

@Sherlock221B

Not so much that everyone is terrible. Moreso that you’re in an unknown place with a immense power that some fear and some respect, and you have to figure out how much trust you’re willing to give knowing this :pensive:.

My MC Evander prefers offering an open hand himself and giving people the benefit of the doubt (within reason). Of course, he also has high stats in his wit and strength and knows how to handle his weapons; if someone starts accusing him without good reasons or hurts someone he views as innocent, then he’ll have a spear pointed at your throat in a matter of seconds. All while wearing the subtlest smirk as he suggests that the person rethinks whatever they have in mind :sunglasses:.

The way I read it in the game I think Zeus is the mastermind behind the Trojan war.

2 Likes

So…I guess I’m the only one who genuenly thinks some of the Gods don’t have this “Master Plan” set out and just genuenly love us?..okay.

Now I’m really scared to say I wanna romance sage…Why does everyone hate her? If I thought my brother was murdered and the killer went un punished I’d probably be WAAAAY worse than she is now. I don’t even hold her disbelief in me that bad because again the poor girl is grieving, anyone would be emotionally unstable…

10 Likes

Maybe you don’t have that bad of trust issues and major paranoia. :laughing:
Ignorance is bliss.

I completely get that you’re a power among powers, the likes of which makes the combined strength of every single God in existence look like the equivalent of a water-squirt gun in comparison to yours, but ultimately it comes down to the humanity of the populace.

Humanity has always feared what it doesn’t understand, and how my MC operates revolves around that. One of my main MC’s is as I’ve mentioned a psychopath who doesn’t feel guilt; this means that this MC will see how people treat her as a bomb waiting to go off, and when the time comes that she has eternal power, she will respond in kind. People have treated her like dirt on their shoe, so she will treat them the same. They’ve always feared her rather than accept her, so she’ll give them something to fear if it’s the last thing she does.

My other main MC though is the opposite, and sees how people fear her and resolves to change that. She sees how people are terrified of her without even knowing her, but she knows that that will change once she shows people who she is; she’s not just charismatic to serve her own purposes like MC#1, but she genuinely wants to be the best person she can be regardless of the people of whoms opinions she endeavours to change in a positive manner.

Trust is key, but it takes a true hero to give it when none of it is given to you.

3 Likes

You really have low survival instincts.

9 Likes

I do believe Hades has some form of agenda that affects me but I think it’s for my best interest and the his love for me is genuine.

Regarding Sage, to be honest though I want to torture her. She doesn’t think before she acts strangling my MC even though I can end her like his brother.

4 Likes

We play to win :wink:
You live or you die, there is no in-between.

@Sammysam Yes, how dare I believe some people don’t want me dead.

@tooweiss But half the fun of COG is playing as people with different mindsets XD

@Obsidian Christ yo…

3 Likes

Truuueee and as for Sage, maybe when she wants to kill us less and we hear more from her character, I’ll consider that route too.

There is an emotionally stable sane person in our midst. Get your pitchforks.

7 Likes

Greek gods are all about sex, betrayal and killing. They have been plotting against each other since the beginning and using humanity as toys. Trust in them… is plainly suicidal. Read whatever mythical story of them and always BETRAYED the heroes

2 Likes

Let their minds be innocence and pure. Free from paranoia.

Well that alone wouldn’t lead me to my conclusion, that you want to romance a person that tried to strangle you on the other hand…:smirk:

4 Likes

@yagamikuuno you should play the wip MONSTERS by shawn

5 Likes

Gosh, you are cruel…

5 Likes