Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

This has come up before. The Bearer and Bestower can have kids with their children being mortal (or demigod if the other parent is a god). They do not inherit any of the Essence, as that is our soul.

We don’t even go to the Underworld. We just hibernate until we are born again.

3 Likes

I thought you had confirmed that he’s our brother, hence the same eye color ?

2 Likes

I think that means that Saint being on Olympus/being a demigod/having powers comparable to demigods has no relation to them being in any way related to the Bearer, specifically not being their child from an earlier life (what I think wouldn’t work with the timeline anyway asrit was mentioned that the Bearer and Bestower are in hibernation at an unknown location until their next rebirth, meaning that they don’t get reborn directly following their death, but that there are phases in which they are not walking under the living. Considering Saint can not be more as a year older as MC, the timeline doesn’t seem to match up.)

What’s with Aeson and Calypso they act like their not crazy about each other not in a RO type away. But it’s like “oh you” and other times it like “good to see” you, idk if that makes sense what I wrote😩

1 Like

No relation as in Saint isn’t your child. Weird is good but that’d be a little too weird.

They’re not crazy in love or anything. There’s just a lot of unsettled business.

9 Likes

Yeah so is it going to get explain in the story why there’s unsettle business between them two. And yeah my bad, I didn’t mean them liking each other more than friends. You word it alot better sorry my wording is pretty bad.:weary:

Is Saint our twin brother ?

Isn’t Saint the son of Zeus?
That said, I know the ancient Greeks did allow for twins to have different fathers, if one of those fathers was a god (e.g. Pollux was the divine son of Zeus, while Castor was just some normal mortal, who also happened to be Pollux’ twin brother), but I don’t recall any times when each twin was the child of a different god.

1 Like

It has never been confirmed that Saint is the son of Zeus. Remember how prior versions mentioned that certain mortals attend the Institute, and how that was a point of contention between St. and Cally?

I’m pretty sure he’s out mortal brother. Priscilla just gave him up. He never actually says Zeus is his dad. He sort of talks around it, if i remember correctly.

7 Likes

Really enjoying reading this thus far. The imagery is very descriptive, and easy to visualize. I’m only a bit into it, but it seems good.

1 Like

IIRC @rohie said his signature weapon is a lightning bolt. So I think Zeus is his father.

Adoptive father. He claims him, yet we never see any sort of similarities between Zeus and Saint.

Saint isn’t particularly alluring, he isn’t tactful, he certainly isn’t graceful, and he has shown no inclinations towards Zeus’ powers.

This leads me to believe that Saint and MC are fraternal twins with different fathers (this IS known to happen… particularly if Priscilla had no idea she was already preggo, from having had sex with a mortal man, then got told she’s gonna be expected to bear a god’s child). Then when Priscilla died under mysterious circumstances, the Trinity felt obligated to take care of the other Angelis twin. Zeus took him as his own, knowing that he’s known for having the most kids, so nobody would say anything about it. And even if anyone knew, it’s not completely unheard of for mortals to attend the Institute.

That’s my going theory, anyway.

10 Likes

Interesting theory for some reason i keep thinking Saint is the oldest in the group.

Way more interesting and complex than anything I had planned. Like, soap opera level intrigue.

12 Likes

So in my play through me and Aeson were past lovers during the Trojan war, but now I am the Bearer and he’s the Bestower but both of us are the son of Hades.
My question is does this cancel any chance to romance Aeson? I’m just weirded out by this, they don’t teach us Greek mythology in my country to know if it’s a “Greek thing” falling in love with your brother.(it’s sad actually).

2 Likes

Demigods aren’t related through Godly lineage. But if it weirds you out, I suggest you don’t romance him.

2 Likes

Oh I’m ok with the romance, the thing that weirded me out was that I’m not sure if these things happen in Greek mythology since they don’t teach it in our country.

In Greek mythology, the gods screw anything that will stop moving long 

enough, especially each other.

Hera is Zeus's wife and sister, Hades is married to his niece (so you can 

make jokes about Aeson being his own cousin).

The author however has stated that deities don't have DNA, so there is no

genetic relationship, so say two Zeus demigods giving him grandkids risk no genetic problems due to inbreeding, and so is not particularly frowned upon.

That doesn't mean that your MC might not be really squicked about the idea

of say dating his great great great granddaughter Calypso, or his cousin or possibly even half-sibling and great great grandson and great great great grandson Aeson. If I did my math right there on adding the greats.

But when your grandkids include Doom, Death, Pain, Retribution, Fate,

Strife, and Old Age, family reunions are weird enough that the sexual shenanigans are the least of your worries. :slight_smile:

On to do list, have a talk with Moros and Thanatos about not giving granddad a break with the whole “die young again and again and again” thing.

"What, did I forget a birthday or something?"
4 Likes

Loved this since you first posted about it, love it even more now!

In regards to the trials, do you have a rough idea as to how many there will actually be? Because I’m trying to get a rough estimate of how long the game will actually be, and taking into account the fact that I don’t know what’s going to happen, the trials might be a good indicator. Essentially, does at least one person die every trial, in which case I can work it out for myself, or do you have a different plan in mind?

Also, it helps to know exactly how much ass my MC is going to kick in the future before I become the single most badass person in the Universe.