Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Hmm, interesting, I finally got around to playing a son of Zeus and a son of

Hades playthrough.

The Hades playthrough was informative. “Your mother is in the Underworld, where she belongs.”

So two things- Well gee, Dad, don’t sugarcoat things, tell me what you really think, why don’t you?

And something tells me I'm really not going to like this story.

The backstory for my character’s mother, not the game, just in case that wasn’t clear. :slight_smile:

Hmm, now I'm wondering, Essence is going to cover our demigod mojo as well

as our “Neo ain’t got nothing on me” Essence powers right?

Or is our demigod power going to flavour our Essence abilities so they will

be treated the same storywise as well as mechanically?

Is Aeson going to lose his necromantic abilities when he gives us the

Essence, if so do we get his necromancy as well as our weather control or hydrokinesis?

Added to the fact that Aeson and MC keeps reincarnating and could remember each other, the replay function of the game could be interpreted as both MC and Aeson interacting with each other multiple times in multiple lifetimes :grinning:

So the relationship values will stack! This makes perfect sense!

So very meta. We must go deeper.

9 Likes

Yes, deeper and deeper into the depths of the MCs past life where she has encountered Aseon the destined love of the MC but there are those who will get in the way…

The Bearer’s Demigod abilities stem from the power of the Essence; the only
reason the Gods have power is because of the Essence. So until the Essence
is awakened, you’ll have to rely on your Demigod powers, like any other
Demigod. But when the 18th Summer Solstice comes, trust me, it won’t really
matter.

So, if Aeson’s abilities as Prince of the Underworld will still remain
after the solstice, just like yours. The Bestower and the Bearer only share
the Essence, not their Demigod abilities.

That doesn’t mean you can’t strip people of their powers or, you know,
immortality.

8 Likes

Wow with the ability to strip people of their powers/immortality no wonder the Gods are so nervous about the Bearer potentially turning on them.

2 Likes

And yet (as the Bearer points out rather appropriately), few seem to fear the Bestower despite the fact that he will be the one GIVE them that ability (though I get the feeling Aeson is equally feared by the Gods, but for possibly different reasons).

I don’t get it. We are obviously able to use “magic”, beyong the one we might get from our godly parent.

I can already say that this will absolutely be my MC if someone tries to mess with her after the Essence awakens:

8 Likes
  Considering the way that Aeson talks about the gods, that the plot of

the first flashback has like 50% chance of the MC turning traitor to his nation to side with the Bearer, and that Hades is often see as having been majorly screwed with his doman being the underworld, things really don’t look good for Aeson’s loyalty to the gods.

Especially if you remember that the Titan's rule was supposed to be a 

Golden Age, heck, Cronos was still worshipped as a harvest god during Zeus’s reign.

You know, I'm now wondering how the trinity decided who got to father the MC

and Aeson. Think they drew lots like how they decided who got to be the gods of sky, waters, and underworld?

1 Like

Can someone post the link to the updated 5/23 playtest? Thanks.

Want to ask just in case but can we get any item’s a of right now.

Isn’t it just the link in the first post? I’d guess @Rohie just isn’t able to update the date in the first post anymore, and that it’s still stating the date of the previous release because of that.

2 Likes

And yet, Aeson is not completely wrong for question the Gods either; they are keeping both him and the Bearer locked out of loop. It’s hard to tell what triggered this questioning to begin with, though. Did he learn something as a child that they’re keeping from the Bearer? Does he know that the reasons they were born as Demigods was due to possible selfish reasons of the Gods and is not pleased about that? Maybe the only person he feels deeply connected to is Bearer themselves and isn’t keen about both of them being used because of his possible past relationships with the Bearer in each lifetime. Only time will tell why he develop this distrust toward the Gods.

I do find it interesting that Demeter was frowning during Aeson’s return. FROWNING. The Goddess who greeted the Bearer with a hug and smile, the one who stood behind Hades as one of Gods who is willing to give you a chance to be a Hero, the one Saint says is fond of the Bearer…frowns while watching the Bestower come back to Olympus. I am very curious as to why that is. Also curious if Adonis and Hephaestus possibly have a good bond between each other (I doubt he ended up developing a love for forging and creating things from his mother)

I think the original beginning said that they drew lots when deciding who the father would be among other things (it was Athena’s suggestion).

10 Likes

Random little q: how do we get the eyes of altheia again? I got it a few times before but can’t seem to remember right now

It has nothing to do with Aeson being the Bearer. It’s simply because of him being Hades’ son. Demeter has never been Hades’ biggest fan, and she is known to hold grudges. The situation is even worse considering Hades cheated on her daughter, Persephone (twice if you’re his child). If anything, it’d be strange if she liked him.

Also, @Nyxerie, that’s a good observation. :blush:

10 Likes

Ah, I almost forgot about the circumstances of how her daughter became Hades’ wife :sweat_smile:; that makes sense. Makes me more curious about her bond with Aeson and a Hades-sired Bearer though: does she keep her grudge more on Hade’s and tries to avoid making Aeson (and possibly the Bearer) uncomfortable about her dislike to their father? Will we see a future interaction with her and the other Gods again, but more one-on-one, like what we experienced with Aphrodite?

Also will we end up learning why the other Gods’ reasoning for being against the idea of the Bearer being the Hero later on? Hera’s cruel remarks to a possible fate of the Bearer and Aeson asking if her eye twitched has gotten me wondering about her particular problem with them (unless they were Zeus’ kid; then I don’t even have to think to hard what her possible issue with them would be :laughing:).

Sorry if I’m asking too many questions.

3 Likes

And Persephone cheated on him with Adonis’ namesake. They all cheat on one another, part of being a god is cheating on your spouse.

@Okami-Nora.

Hera might be unreasonable at times, but the reason is, is because she loves Zeus and cares about her family. The Bearer and Bestower pose a terrifying risk to her family, so she’s worried.

Also for future reference, the original Olympians (Minus Zeus) who hate Kronos the most in order.

1. Hades, Hades loathed Kronos with a burning passion. When he was in his father’s stomach, he’d whack his innards.

2. Demeter, Demerer is generally a peaceful goddess, unless you piss her off. Then she grows to be 100 ft and wields a scythe and ends you.

3. Poseidon/Hera: They hated their dad for you know, swallowing them.

4. Hestia, the eldest Olympian disliked their father for eating her but you know. She’s the goddess of the Hearth and the only one who can calm down Poseidon, Hades, and Zeus when they get into their famous arguments.

12 Likes

maybe the reason they might be against the Bearer becoming their hero is because they don’t know much about the MC and considering the power of the essence it might be less risky to have the Bearer destroyed than risk them siding with Chronos.

1 Like

@Bryce_Kaldwin

So, Demeter’s the most scary of the original Gods to make mad. Got it (it’s always the nice ones who are the most terrifying) :laughing:.

I think I’m so curious about Hera’s reasoning partly because of what she symbolizes since I would think she would have a little sympathy for the Bearer’s circumstances (though maybe she sees killing them off now also as an act of mercy) and also because right now, she comes off as just as much of a mystery as Aeson.

@avidreader

That’s true; I guess they would see the Essence in both Aeson and the Bearer before anything else considering how much their powers can rival the Gods’ own. I guess with the parents (or anyone who was constantly around when they were being raised) it’d be harder to step back and remember that their kid is a swirling vortex of limitless power (kinda like being with a group a friends saying they want to keep a tiger cub and being the only one to point out that the tiger cub grows into a TIGER). Doesn’t help that prophecy’s are pretty vague about how they’ll happen (and end up happening anyway).

2 Likes

Found a typo. Don’t know if it’s supposed to be Saint or Calypso to say

It’s Saint’s line. It says it after the dialogue, (“Calypso finishes.”, “leans back in his chair”) but it is awkwardly placed.