Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :v:

1 Like

Happy birthday, and for a second my brain popped a clutch when I saw the new avatar. “Hold up that is not the author what is going on… Oh new pic cool beans” internal conversation. Like the game so far “uncle dad” is awesome, “papa ocean” is cool too, have yet to try “can’t keep it in his pants dad”. Changing time well that could make it easier for history class if you do it right.

1 Like

What a fulfilling night for my Forever:

Asks Adonis to dance, annoys Calypso.

Gives Adonis un besito. Feels slightly moded. Pops in a breath mint.

Enters time warp.

Asks Aeson to dance, annoys Adonis. Feels slyly triumphant.

Confesses past life passion after ruminating over the fact that they share the same father.

Needs air.

Confesses some more to new bff Aphrodite and recalls a breath too late that this information was actually hidden from mummy dearest, Athena. Bladder slightly weakens.

Persephone becomes goals.

Refuses gun. Gets one regardless because this is war, godbabies. Also, magic.

Regrets nothing.

XOXO

Also, I wish you lots of frosted deliciousness and birthday blessings come true.

5 Likes

Dammit Saint. He completely cock-blocked the romantic kiss on the dance floor with Calypso with his infuriating decision to knock over a goddamn chocolate fountain.

The trial does look cool even from this; I’m dreading working with Sage since she hates me with all of her being. Question though, if you’re RO’ing Calypso, will that change how she interacts with you during the trial? As in will she be biased in favour of me, or will she just have slightly shifted dialogue? Or will she not even have that?

Lavei is going to kick…some…ass next update. Olympus can count on that shit, believe you me.

Also, happy birthday; hope it’s everything you want it to be.

6 Likes

I’m on break from work when a friend of mine – whom I’ve managed to drag into this hell-hole of feelings – just messaged me: IT UPDATED

So did a quick run (I’ll look for bugs/errors other than the Aeson loop when I’m on my laptop at home) and I just have to say:

[spoiler] fml, Adonis and my girl just kissed. I wasn’t ready for that, and pretty sure a shit ton of Olympus wasn’t either like hot dang it’s been like a little less than a week and MC + Adonis might already be a thing.

Not sure if @Rohie you’re planning for Adonis or MC to have the option of saying that it was a mistake caused by stress, this is going too fast, or they meant nothing by it, etc. Look at all that delicious (possible) drama BECAUSE OH MY GOD THAT EXIT. I love Adonis’ reaction – despite what my MC might feel – and I’m already very anxious for the next update (haha)

THAT STAT CHANGE THOUGH:

“His heart beats quicker when he thinks of you. It’s a frightening experience for him.”[/spoiler]

Rohie, congratulations. You have at least 1 litre of tears just from me :)) I’m cheering for you from the sidelines because I honestIy hope this game makes it through as a CoG title

8 Likes

@Rohie yep, same bug here

wait…it was updated…when was this (sorry I am slow this week, pronto big exam)

yesterday. see the date stamp attached to the thread title. :wink:

So, first lovely update like always, the demigod prom is finally complete. Yeah!:smiley:

Second the dance scene seems to be somewhat buggy. I noticed that i when choosing dancing a second time we are stuck with the first choice (expect Aeson, who I could chose after dancing with Adonis first), overall that scene doesn’t feel as supposed to be chosen a second time? At least not when dancing with someone from the gang. Also when choosing to dance alone I somehow end up with asking Sage?? Why? I’m not suicidal!

Some other things:
When having wits over 75:

I know! I’m so fantastic, no words could describe it :wink:

When dancing with Saint, at least I’m pretty sure I did dance with Saint:

When asking about Helen, no matter if my character was in love with her in their past life or not:

Also, after dancing with Calypso, I can’t dislike Ares anymore. That guy is like the only real good parent on whole Olympus. I’m sorry I can’t feel any resentments again a guy like that. No matter how hostile, I can’t. That’s physically not possible for me

[Spoiler] Also still not sold on Zeus really being Saints (biological) father. Saint’s words were much too cagey.

And it’s nice to hear that Aeson also feels awkward about the whole thing with Paris, when MC’s past life pursued him.

Also I love tiramisu…

Aphrodite commentig that she didn’t bless my MC enough…okaaaay I will not bitchslap her anytime soon I guess, but I really would like to…one day.

And also:

When she’s aiming her arrows toward the hearts of her enemies, your face pops up in her mind

I…I wasn’t that crazy for Calypso as some of the others here but…okay that…really hits my weird idea of romance… [/spoiler]

4 Likes

@Rohie Loved the Update. I thought the Ceremony was very nice!

You can ask some on point questions to the companions during the dance and getting more infos about them is engaging and enjoyable (at least for me).
But now, I find both Aeson and Adonis so delightful that I absolutely cannot choose between them! I JUST CAN’T! What do I do now!

Concerning the little “time warp” when choosing a dance partner : is it a mistake, or does it mean that we will be able to do more than one thing?

Also, am I wrong, or my MC just ended up in the middle of the jungle, during the hunt of the century, wearing white pyjamas and sporting a trident…?

What do the other Gods give to their children? Because I get that Poseidon is proud to be the god of the seas, but a trident seems rather unpractical is that situation! :joy:

3 Likes

As far as I see, we can always chose two things to do, like eating something and dancing with someone. Or just eat and screw socializing…

I’m pretty sure I got a spear not a trident…there is a difference…really. Not all pole weapons are the same.

And should the trial be about hunting and survival a spear could be really practical…If my MC would know how to use it…

1 Like

I’ve decided on two canon runs: one for Baeson and the other for Adonis :)) (because why not)

The dance is literally my fave part – other than finding out who dad is – right now and I can’t wait to go home and properly play the thing.

Admittedly, I had to load back just to read the part about Adonis kissing my MC because I was like DID THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN OR IS MY BRAIN PLAYING TRICKS ON ME

6 Likes

I think I just changed from team Adonis or Aeson to team Calypso or Aeson… It just happened! Maybe because by now it’s easier to get to know her even when not prioritizing her?

But certainly because I really like how the relationship screen puts it…

When she’s aiming her arrows toward the hearts of her enemies, your face pops up in her mind

I really don’t know, maybe something is wrong with me, but that’s just really cute. (Somebody is about to kill someone and they think about you, true romance…eh, sounds weirder when put like that…) Someone help me please!

It is a long, pointy weapon… So sure, one pointy end is more manageable than three. But that’s about it. It’s a human sized stick…heavy and not very “movable”( is that a word? I cannot check right now, but that doesn’t seem like a real word.)
I try to imagine my weak MC attempting to run with that thing in the jungle, and i’am laughing so hard. Because I imagine that you can’t just drop it!

Yeap, I can never have enough of any scene that allows use to interact with the different characters! And what’s so nice is to see how different they all are. Though I am looking forward to be able to have them be more honest with us, probably in a less public and crowded setting!

Edit: Seriously, what do Hades and Zeus give in terms of weapons?

1 Like

I’d like to think she means it in the best possible way like “gotta protect the significant other” otherwise welp. Maybe this explains Ares and Aphrodite as war and romance – love is a battlefield anyone?

Also I just picked the option to dance with Saint. I want to adopt him now. I really do. Him not getting along with Zeus is sending alarm bells + the fact his mom basically handed him over as soon he was born. Which kinda makes me scared for my Zeus!MC

@Nyxerie, I’m guessing a gun since that was what I got for Hades!MC and iirc Zeus gives a blue pill?

1 Like

It is but I think “handy” or “wieldy” better fits what you want to say. But I doubt if any weapon would be wieldy for MCs that 1. are not that strong and 2. not trained with them. That seems like a much bigger issue when talking about the weapons.

If it’s not balanced for MC to wield it we always could give it to Adonis and nicely ask for help I guess, but not being trained to use the weapon? While fighting against/with people that partly trained their whole life to use them? Shit, we are screwed.

(But reading what squarelyblue wrote Hades obviouly thought about it and gave MC something that could be used from distance and can be deadly and doesn’t need you to be that trained with it as a spear…Poseidon, please be a little bit more considerate the next time? My MC is small (well average, but same difference with all those demigods) and weak, give her something she can use)

@squarelyblue Well my idea of romance is somewhat weird…

About Saint I’m still not sold that he is really Zeus biological child. His wording is a little bit cagey, when you ask me. I don’t think all of Zues children have that kind of story… Yes, I will sink with my theories about Saint

1 Like

Regardless on whether or not he’s the biological kid, assuming he’s been raised/stuck with the guy as a parent, that can’t be good – I’m willing to buy at least that he and Zeus don’t get along so there’s that. Tbh, I’m getting to the point where I’ll just adopt any of the kids if they have a terrible home life/generally don’t want to be with the fam. Adonis’ line about rather having no parent than half a one has me like POOR CHILD I HAVE A LOT OF WORDS FOR YOUR MOTHER

Hades has a pretty practical gift and I’m here like: Poseidon please step up your dad game :)) like if we’re stuck with a pole-arm the only good thing that I can think of is that the it has a fairly good reach and since my MC is of average height, at least range can be compensated?

And the only other thing I can think of is that mage!MC finds a way to channel magic through it? I’m looking at DA:II and DA:I’s staff animations and thinking this might be what they can do? But at the same time, look at the scrawny child :)) I’m not sure if being the Essence helps here since my stats are like “just don’t” when it comes to strength related matters :))

2 Likes

So I made a saved gave during the second lunch scene to explore the different choices. I loaded the file and my game is now stuck in the stats page. “Return to Game” just puts me back in the main stats screen :open_mouth:

@squarelyblue I always knew Uncle Henry had style! :wink:
Your idea is kinda of cool, turning the stick into a magical staff! For a mage anyway! If our scrawny arms can take it!

@Sammysam It is true that we are ultimately facing people who are better trained and much metter prepared for the trials than us. They spent years competing and going on various quests. So I firmly believe that any of the other participants of the Trails could wipe the floor with our asses anyway.
But I think that the years the MCs spent running away and evading seekers all while having a blocker on them might have made them sneaky, with good endurance and fortitude and good at out-running any threats!

As for Saint, the more it goes, the more I think that the MC’s life was not so bad! The poor boy was abandonned by his/our(?) mom and given to Zeus… Zeus. The worst father in recorded history. And worst husband. What is Hera doing with that man! She is the Goddess of women and marriage for the gods’s sake!

2 Likes

I am a fan of pole weapons but MC doesn’t really seem to need anything to unleash their magic. In the worst case just let it fall and unleash your powers I guess…And Poseidon sheds a lonely tear over the dissapointment…

@Nyxerie There is a difference between being trained and used to fight with your weapon compared to some few years on the street. The demigods don’t seem like they only trained active fight but survival skills too with all the questing…But hey, MC is the Essence so they probably have some aces upon their sleeves. …And Calypso, if Calypso likes you…

And I’m sure Saint is MCs brother, if nothing else of my theories may be true. Especially after the scene with Persephone pretty much foreshadowed that the eye color is something MC shares with their mother. One more mother for squarelyblue to berate

Eh, not sure if Saint’s and MC’s life is comparable. Seems pretty different… or not when Priscilla just handed their children two times to the gods after their birth I guess . Saint had to search together his choosen family with the gang. MC has to live with the knowledge that their family pretty much lied to them and now probably manipulates them. What makes it worse is that they are still rather a stranger for the people that could become friends, putting them in a rather lonely position.

MC had a nice childhood but by now no real social network. Saint’s childhood probably was rather lonely in the sense of lacking parents but by now he has build up rather strong friendships.

Also the really incisive moment in MCs life was probably the abandonment and the feeling of being hunted during their time on the streets (And the betrayal of the people closest to what MC can consider family). While I think that Saint is able to understand the abandonment probably pretty good, I’m not so sure that being on the run is something any of the other characters has really lived through.

I’m just not sure if we can compare it that easily…

4 Likes