Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

The game is quite long already, and we are at 20% of the first part only? Or it is 20% of the game?

The last update was huge and just came out a few days ago. Be careful not to break the forum rules, bro.

2 Likes

Think it’s a li’l late for that considering they went and did it like 6 times on 6 different threads. :joy:

4 Likes

Good Lord, what a troll.

Anyway, to avoid straying, @Rohie, this seems like a HUGE undertaking. Have you considered making each of the three parts of your plot into separate games? You’ve been really set on providing us the best amount of choice possible. If you maintain this through all three arcs, I could see this game being well over 2m words… I just feel you’d make more money (should you choose to sell this) by splitting it up. And with how much work you’re putting in, you deserve every last cent possible.

9 Likes

@AnonymousIII Just a heads up its against forum rules to publicly ask when or for an update. If you want to ask, [don’t. Asking is against the forum rules. -JSH].

It’s a troll. New account, all posts asking for updates. Just flag their posts.

I can’t imagine how awful it must feel to receive “ok but wen is ur upd8” posts, particularly so soon after the last one.

Cheers, @Rohie, we love you.

6 Likes

So, I’m curious of your use of flashbacks in the story. We know there’s precedent of MC and Aeson encountering each other once in the past and it may be safe to assume all three planned times will have an encounter as well.

My question is if you’re going to follow a Wheel of Time pattern and have other members of the Scoobie gang show up as well. (I.e. Calypso is Helen reborn and this love triangle has gone on for centuries with various outcomes, or we encounter a previous version of Adonis as Casanova, etc. )

One shots are cool, and there’s great story telling potential either way. Just curious on what the thought process is.

Wow 20% only?!?! this feels like a heroes rise trilogy but instead of three separate games, it’s all in one.

So if Calypso was Helen and Aeson was Paris, who was everyone else in the flashback?
Also, slight topic shift, has anyone brought forward the idea of a face claim for Adonis? Because anytime I think of him I always picture T.O.P(Choi Seung-Hyund) from BIGBANG.

2 Likes

But… Calypso wasn’t Helen.

2 Likes

Calypso wasn’t Helen. Helen still alive.

Only the Bearer and the Bestower reincarnate.

Ah okay. I got confused because someone was saying Helen was calypso so I was like, “wait what.”

I did draw calypso for my warmup today with really cheap colored pencils.

7 Likes

The game seems fairly short to me in the grand scheme of things, but I think it’s because I know how everything could play out in my mind, so it’s subconsciously compressed for me. You’re not so far off on the 2 million word count theory; but we’re only at 136k words, 1 million characters in total.

I started this project expecting this game to be long. I haven’t considered selling it; in my mind I’ve always just been focused on finishing it, which alone will be a challenge. But, like I said, this is a passion project. I love the story, I love writing, and I even (sometimes) love coding; so it’s a win-win.

The story will pick up pace though, not to shorten the length, but to prepare you for what to expect from now onward.

30 Likes

When you finish it, would you consider an optional “cost” or accept donations?

I admire an artist who pursues something for its own sake, but I can’t say I’m not a little disappointed we won’t be able to add our support in a more tangible way.

Which isn’t to say I don’t enjoy passing along ideas and bantering back and forth on all our theories and favorite moments.

1 Like

Sell it. Let us help pay for your college education :stuck_out_tongue:

28 Likes

Even though I’m poor af, this is something that would be worth the money. Art deserves to be paid for.

2 Likes

Oh my God, you like kpop. For me, I imagine someone younger, because he’s in high school. 100% 정국 (Jungkook) from BTS. Or maybe a young 방용국 (Bang Yongguk) from B. A. P.

Or Zico. Mmm, Zico.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, she legally can’t accept money for it without publishing through Choce of or Hosted. As a professional author, I’ve been considering (and slowly) coding a game based in the world of a novel I’m publishing in the next month or so (edit: oops, didn’t finish my sentence), so I’ve read up a lot on all of their ToU and the other legal stuff.

CoG is pretty lenient as far as companies go, but she can’t post it on a website with ads, she can’t accept donations… nothing involving money, unless she publishes through them. They created the code, they have a legal right to a portion of any and all profits.

3 Likes

I certainly paid more for a little dlc or something else like that like a bonus mission to go find objects or a small amount if new spells or weapons. Like #hyper mega poison deluxe version includes new scenes, and all the poison you love!!

1 Like