Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Bruh. I have at least 12 files because am planning to romance everyone at least twice – all the ROs are so quality I want to cry

I think Aeson has never been completely and totally honest – let’s face it, his image as Olympus’ champion at the very least would require some kind of deception like I highly doubt all his missions were a complete success (but would need to be seen as such)

As for his contempt for the gods, I feel that perhaps it’s that fact that’s driving him and Cal apart. Cal seems loyal to the system (as seen with her desire to be a Hunter of Artemis) and Aeson seems to want to impact some sort of change

As to what, am not sure

11 Likes

Bringing you updates from the children of the gods tumblr:

Adonis Amour
Strength(s): Strong sense of empathy, kind, open minded, dependable.
Weakness(es): Lack of trust, secretive, indecisive.
Ego

Saint Augustine Angelis
Strength(s): Loyal, quick thinker, brave.
Weakness(es): Low motivation, reckless tendencies, gluttony.
Id

Sage S. Cosse
Strength(s): Brave, high motivation, trustworthy.
Weakness(es): Quick tempered, lack of trust, stubborn.
Id

Calypso D. Iman
Strength(s): Loyal, trustworthy, sympathetic.
Weakness(es): Stubborn, shortsighted, prideful.
Ego

Avery S. Monroe
Strength(s): Fiercely intelligent, rational, patient.
Weakness(es): Selfish, secretive, vindictive.
Superego

Aeson Thantos
Strength(s): Selfless, morally sound, kind.
Weakness(es): Self depreciating, sacrificial, stubborn.
Superego

Santiago C. de Vera
Strength(s): Extreme intelligence, honest, tendency to be kind.
Weakness(es): Selfish, manipulative, lack of loyalty, morally gray.
All three somehow, I don’t know, don’t ask me.

20 Likes

Hades had a sense of humor with that last name :blush:

11 Likes

Right, trust absolutely nobody, least of all Aeson and Santi. But then again my mc had already guessed that both Aeson and Santi will sell him out as soon as there is even a minor advantage in it for them.

People with the loyalty trait kinda scares me since i’ve seen different media where it was used as weakness or as a manipulation tactic.

5 Likes

Sage is one that concerns me.

1 Like

Trustworthy, but doesnt trust…

Given Rohie’s tumblr am so excited for a lot of things :)) the mini romance bits she’s written so far are so promising I want to cry

3 Likes

Now THIS I can get behind. :grinning:

A couple of us did joked a number of posts back about the idea of the Bearer being put in the awkward moment of reliving a past where they had a thing going on with one of the Gods/Goddesses or even saying to you RO ‘So your Godly parent may have tried to hit on me in one of my past lives’. But it really is a situation that has a lot of potential to adding a interesting dynamic with some of the Twelve who had a chance to create a bond with the Bearer during one of their lives (and seeing what kind of effect it may have on them when they interact with the current Bearer when they learn the connection that they may have with the person from their past).

The Bearer and Bestower have not been known to live long lives in general, so their relationship the Gods could’ve have been one of the shortest relationships that the Twelve ever had with a human. But as we’ve seen with Helen if the Bearer was her friend (and especially if the Bearer loved her), just because they’re life was short doesn’t mean that those they touched weren’t heavily effected by their actions, even if they may not been a Hero in the eyes of the world and was easily forgotten by history. Heck, I have high doubts that Helen ever really forgot the young man/woman who came into her life and I have high doubts that others from the Bearer’s past ever forget the person they bonded with for a brief amount of time.

Yeah, it seems the thing that gives him some pause with the Bearer is the (possible) genuineness of their attraction toward him. That seems like a attraction he has very little experience with and that alone might be triggering him into be a little more careful with how he approaches the Bearer.

That all said:

Has anyone decided to play the Bearer’s past life with some type of pattern involved? For Evander, I’m making it that he’s always loved someone in each life, as family, friends, or lovers. And that he never loved Aeson as anything past family or friends.

8 Likes

I think Rohie said on her tumblr that the Apollo romance thing was something that could happen in a past life, with the option to continue in the present.

6 Likes

Pretty much the same, except my Bearer had Aeson as her lover every single time.

I don’t know how many more flashbacks we’re going to see but I can’t imagine what impact those memories are going to have on the MC. Can you imagine remembering all the mothers, siblings and friends that have loved you and are now gone? That’s gotta be heartbreaking.

6 Likes

My most likely to be canon MC, Sophia, tries to do the right thing (though “right” is a bit tricky to pin down – see Aang talking to the previous avatars about what the right course of action towards the season finale of S3 of ATLA iirc)

As for relationships, Sophia and her past selves are motivated by love – for better or for worse – and when combined with the desire to do good does not always pan out the way she wants

See: Korrina’s love for Paris vs the decision to stay loyal to the crown (or not)

Would it be better if she left and supported the Trojans for reasons other than Paris? What about Sparta? Etc

@komorebi you are correct. Apollo romance is indeed going to take place in a flashback and you can decide later if you would like to rekindle/continue the relationship

@Okami-Nora agreed. Am still not very fond of the idea of dating Apollo – even though I have faith in Rohie’s abilities – so at least ways to lessen the blow? HAHA

But I do like the conflict of reconciling/constructing identities and themes of moving on from loss – heck that partially answers the time old question what does it mean to live (you can scrutinize how much the old adage of “they live through you” or “their memories live on through you” or anything to that effect is really true)

EDIT: I should clarify this extends to non romantic love too. What if Sohia’s previous self had a parent that did an something terrible and she has to choose between family and the right thing to do

4 Likes

My canon MCs (Godric for the boy, Nyx for the girl) Have had interesting past lives!

Saw this picture (minor NSFW)

21 Likes

That’s an oy vey!

@Rohie

Zeus won’t try and gave the MC the Talk will he?

1 Like

Agreed, she is the most concerning, I don’t trust Sage

1 Like

More of Saint Augustine’s attributes (alongside DOVES):

Like many other bishop saints, Augustine is often shown with a book and a maquette of a church, as at right. But an attribute more specific to him is a heart, sometimes pierced by an arrow

A heart…pierced by an arrow…is anyone else reminded of the dreams we had in the old versions of the game where our friends (Cally, Adonis, Saint) killed doves? Does anyone remember what Saint’s dream was like? I think he looks @ you and goes: ‘This is how the world ends?’ Y’all are on a a mountain or something. Rohie also confirmed on tumblr tht Saint might not be alive at the end of your game.

In an ask Rohie answered on her tumblr, one of Saint’s worse character traits was listed as gluttony, habitual greed or excess.

Molanus (338-39) explains the heart attribute as a reference to two passages from the saint’s writings. The first is from a commentary on Proverbs 23:26, “My son, give me thy heart and let thy eyes keep my ways.” Augustine writes, “He says, give me. Give me what? Son, your heart. When it stays with you, it will go ill. You will be drawn to toys and to lascivious and harmful loves. Give me, he says, your heart. Let it be mine, and it will not perish.”

8 Likes

In speaking of tumblr, Rohie writes that deaths are preventable except for one – I’m still hoping this isn’t Saint but maybe a god (maybe Hades if that were possible, mostly for that line that says he’s too mortal)

5 Likes

ANY trait about a person has a strength and weakness to it, even when the characteristic is considered a ‘good’ one in general. There’s a reason why the quote ‘the road to hell is paved with good intentions’ exists.

It can easier for some people to be reliable and honest to others, but much harder to let themselves be honestly vulnerable enough to let those around them fully in.

But yes, that combination of words is pretty fascinating; I wonder what Sage will be like when she gathers up the mental courage to be more open to the Bearer about something other than her hostility.

I’m waiting for someone to ask for Calypso romance bit or a quote about her relationship with the Bearer. I genuinely curious about what way her interactions with a interested Bearer are different from her interactions with Aeson.

And after reading the tumblr ask about who is not as polished when it comes to flirting with the Bearer and showing that they’re interested in pursuing a relationship with them, I NEED to see Sage in action now. I get the feeling she will try what Santiago or Saint suggest for a while, fail hilariously at it, and finally just go ‘screw it’ and let the Bearer know she like them in a very blunt direct way only Sage can really do. :rofl:

Also, the fact that Saint will help one of the ROs seduce his brother/sister/sibling in some way amuses me far too much. Like, how successful does anyone really think Saint’s aid will make them when trying to get their feelings across to the Bearer (I know he has a boyfriend, but I’m not too sure that he won his boyfriend over with suave flirting) :laughing:. Or I could be interpreting this all wrong and a Saint (who has a close relationship with the Bearer) is just going to jump in to help the RO impulsively because of multiple reasons.

I wonder how Brother Dearest himself views the potential relationships the Bearer can get into. :thinking:

4 Likes

Well if he’s playing shipper I’m assuming in one way or another, he approves. But as always, there’s the worry that’ll linger around like Aeson’s status as Olympus’ beloved, Donnie having a lot of exes that may or may not be vengeful, Santi being Santi (part of me feels he’ll have some form of communication issues), Cal has Ares as a big hurdle (same with Sage, Hermes seems lowkey hostile in the rewrite)

Frankly. Avery seems the most drama free :))

Apollo though I can see Saint going “Really?”

4 Likes