Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

The name selection has a bug. It has been reported before and according to the author will be fixed in the next update.
Like other Greek gods and goddesses Aphrodite has multiple stories regarding her origin, according to Iliad she is the daughter of Zeus and Dione.
In Greek mythology Cronus and Kronos is the same person. It doesn’t matter which one you use.

1 Like

Thx well I was new here n I liked the game so I thought maybe I should point out cause most of the people here are Percy jackson fan (like me) that stood out away from the book the most n ik its not based upon the book I’m just giving a suggestion n thank you for answering my question
Without wax
A CoG fan

2 Likes

I do believe that there are more fans of Percy Jackson movie series here like yourself. Although I must confess that I am not one of them. And there is an entire world of Greek mythology out there, if you have liked something related to it then you should check it out. It’s quite fascinating.

3 Likes

If you like the Percy Jackson series, you should check out The Song of Achilles! I’ve only just started reading it, but I can already tell it’ll be one of my favorite books. It focuses on Achilles’ (?) relationship with Patroclus and this “love affair” they go on, as the author described it.

5 Likes

Soooooo, um… I decided that I wanted to mess around with the dancing scene! I usually just go with Aeson since I want to up his relationship bar. HE WILL ACCEPT ME. But, since I have a terrible weakness for pretty boys, I decided to go with Adonis this time. ohmyvariousgods,someonesaveme,thewayhisdescriptionchangeswhenyouplantoneonhim,someonefreakingneedstorescueme. AAAAAAAAAH. But really, I feel like someone’s going to have to protect me from Aphrodite after this. Then followed Calypso! Ah, her relationship description made me laugh. I’m assuming it’s because she wishes to ensnare our heart? Or make us feel like Eros just hit us with a love arrow so we fall for her? Hopefully? Sage reacted exactly as I thought she would. @Rohie, that was like an arrow to the heart.

I already love the way this story plays out, so far, and now I feel that the romance aspect won’t bring it down.

I know that romance in a CoG game is almost always optional, but as a romantic I always go through them, and am occasionally disappointed when an otherwise good story doesn’t have as nice a romantic subplot. Sorry, I know that isn’t your main concern, nor would I want it to be, but I wanted to commend you on it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love romance. I think in CoG they aren’t as involved as they could be because of the numerous variables and the fact that many of them are optional. But…yeah it’s not my main concern right now. With the update romances don’t kick off at the dance anymore. I think holding them off until after the first trial is more organic. My main concern is learning how to move the plot along without making the player feel helpless/railroaded.

But I do want the romances in this game to feel more developed…important. Not just, “[insert name here] is your significant other” with a few scenes and some flavor text. I want it to mean something, basically. Each RO path should feel unique from others and impactful.

This old thread touches up on some very good points regarding how in depth romances should be.

I’m one of them. The first book series I had ever read, which eventually led to my love of reading, was Rick Riodrdan’s Person Jackson and the Olympians series. I think I was about eight when our teacher had weekly “read outs.” After the first chapter I was hooked. Riordan still remains one of my favorite authors, though I haven’t read any of his recent books. But, there’s a very special place in my heart for Percy Jackson. (Also, he and Annabeth were my first OTP). :blush:

:sweat_smile: Thanks for the vote of confidence. “Special” is one of the words I’d use to describe the relationship dynamic, for sure. I just hope that those who do choose Sage’s path are prepared to have an open mind about certain things.

27 Likes

I wonder. Anyone think at one point we’d most likely end up fighting in tartarus or sending someone there.

1 Like

Well, she tried to kill us but we’re still willing to give her a go, so… I’d say we are pretty open minded :smile:

10 Likes

That doesn’t sound ominous at all. :grinning:

My actual inner expression :fearful:

One must have a open mind to get into a relationship with a (possible) tsundere, in the end.

Like I mentioned before, such characters (while their personalities can vary in a number of ways) are highly emotionally-guarded toward lots of people and have a tendency to lash harshly (physically or verbally) at the people around them when they get really upset or want to keep other at a distance; even those who are close to them are not exempt from getting the treatment. And they often have too much pride to apologize to the loved ones for their possible hurtful actions and/or are too guarded to be able to meet a potential friend (or romantic partner) halfway with emotional honesty during the start of their growing bond, though a number of such characters are shown to deeply regret their actions. Some may even actually resent themselves for putting the other person through all that grief, and struggle greatly with their instinct to not show any vulnerability and their desire to let the other person in during the bonding process.

Once that trust is gained however, such characters can be deeply devoted partners and are as loving as they are protective (and protective is practically their middle name).

Of course, this might not be how Sage is; it’s just a guess at the moment (still need more interactions to get a better feel of her). :thinking:

8 Likes

Sorry to be annoying, but that’s actually something I had a question about — was there any book in particular that inspired you to write Children of the Gods? Or just one that got you interested in the idea of Greek mythology and pushed you to want to learn more about it?

3 Likes

I have wit as my highest stat. It’s at 90 but I keep getting posideon. I killed the seeker? Do you know why? Thanks

Bug. As of right now. In a future update it should be fixed

2 Likes

I don’t know if its has being reported but there is a grammatical error in this section(unless that is how is written, English isn’t my first language)

2 Likes

This kind of approach to romance reminds me of “samurai of hyuga”.
I actually consider it to be one of the best hosted game created in term of relationship. The author wrote a sort of article about how he approaches in-game romance on his/her site, you might find it interesting

5 Likes

Frankly though. If Sage and the MC become a couple with kids in the future, I am very curious as to how they’ll explain their romance :))

“Sage tried to kill me as our first meeting so remember kids first impressions aren’t everything”

17 Likes

“Daddy how’d you meet mommy?”

“Well kids, you’re gonna want to sit down for this one. I was eating lunch, it was a hectic day for me, I just unlocked my demigod powers and woke up from a small coma, the usual. And I was discussing my life with my new friends when I heard a Banshee scream calling me a monster. It was your dear mother. She then asked me if I killed your uncle.”

“What did you say?”

“‘Maybe I did.’”

“…”

“She then choked me out, the end.”

“… MOM!

32 Likes

Well, speaking of having children. Would two males be able to have kids? Especially if we are able to control the essence shouldn’t we be able to make that a possibility? @Rohie

@squarelyblue @Dark_Stalker

You guys are forgetting one crucial thing. For some MCs, that is.

“Well, it all started when I killed her brother.”

16 Likes

NSFW side comment (under spoiler tags for safety reasons): this is just waiting for someone to go “kinky but we didn’t need to know that”

Back to SFW commenting: [quote=“UmbraLamia, post:10122, topic:15482”]
[/quote]

This is how the kids will spend how many years listening to their parent talk about how they met their mother with all the trappings of teen drama, romance, escapades, and the like

9 Likes

I found samurai of Hikuga worst game ever to romance. It forces me to love a character who is raping me and torturing me. It is supposed to be a CHOICE of games but there is not choice. Is really well written but has no sense as cog. That an all the is so cool have someone that mistreated you and tortured you. I could understand that as a romance if It were something I could select. IT IS FORCED YOU CAN SAY NO TO JUN JUNKO. I am talking about Samurai of Hikuga plot that forces to be in love lust with your enemy that tortures you and your friends

Thankfully, @Rohie Doesn’t force any romance at all . So I trust on her skills.

5 Likes