Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Did the file change? Last time I checked she was talking about Athena to the traitor god

1 Like

Hmm, maybe I misinterpreted what I read… it was 1am when I first played this… :sweat_smile:

Aunt “Alice” is the one who put the blocker on the MC, right?

Hey I’m just curious here but does anyone have any theories on Ares Animosity towards the Player Character? i mean animosity right off the bat in the first meeting means he has some serious grudge or something.

Maybe in a past life the MC made Ares look like a fool?

1 Like

It’s possible, but It would ever have to be something so trivial it was just ridiculous or something very very serious. I mean We know the Character was in the Trojan war in their past life, but I have to wonder if reincarnation really applies to the Gods, I mean it’s been stated only Humans and Demigods have DNA, and Demigod’s only have DNA from their Human Parent. But When my Character was trying to romance Calypso, she stated that Ares Didn’t Hate him. So I think that this has more to do with the Fact that Ares is the God of War, and as the Future recipient of the essence, The character could either replace him as the God of War, or Something else entirely.

1 Like

Good idea! I can see that!

1 Like

Wall of text ahead. Summary though: Ares has a pretty good reason as to why he isn’t very fond of the MC

As of now, the MC is a huge liability for the gods since they’re betting on the chance that they will ally with them. Which is incredibly risky for obvious reasons. As a god of war – even though military strategy is more of Athena’s domain – he recognizes how foolish it is to have a weapon that could turn on them at any point. Why give the enemy the advantage?

(And in speaking of the MC’s status as a weapon)

The prophecy was foreboding enough to have Olympus spooked into birthing the MC, and had it not been for Athena, they would have been raised under Olympus’ eyes as the weapon against Cronus

Theoretically, I feel Ares would have been more forgiving to the MC if this was the case. At least (in all likelihood) would have been part in raising them.

But they weren’t and now Seekers are dying allegedly by the MC. This probs won’t do them any favors with Ares. I mean for all that can be said and done about him, the guy loves his kids (special mention to when he went on a rampage to the guy who raped his daughter)

So Cal being in constant danger via a murderer who likes killing Seekers is reason enough to get on his shit list on top of being a very real threat to the gods

12 Likes

I agree with the first, not with the second, if we even survive for any appreciable amount of time due to the Gods actually keeping their deal and granting us that rotten, body freezing, “immortality”. It would be decades, centuries and very possibly millennia before the mc would get enough control of their “powers” to be able to credibly threaten the Gods.
We all know Zeus will never let it progress that far.

4 Likes

Why would the MC fight for Cronus?

1 Like

Well If I recall correctly Cronus was the last King of Olympus, and It’s possible that the old reaper would promise the MC a spot in the pantheon, I mean if The Gods of Olympus physically existed, can you honestly say you wouldn’t want to join them if you were the MC

1 Like

Yes, my mc has already had quite enough of Olympus, thank you very much. Besides everything interesting already has a deity assigned to it, so what could the mc possibly do?

6 Likes

God of leather @idonotlikeusernames?

A portfolio that would be useless (even if it were more broadly expanded to include all clothing and fashion) if my mc gets frozen with immutable “immortality” with his current slightly above average (at best) physique. He just wouldn’t look all that sexy in it, since at present he doesn’t exactly look likely a finely sculpted Greek God. :disappointed:
Also he really, really doesn’t like living on Olympus and being in daily contact with his “father” and “brothers” or rest of the Gods. So it’s still thanks. but no thanks.

Good point. That would tempt many.

I’m also making a casting of the pantheon myself. I should have pictures soon.

1 Like

Tbh. If MC realizes their full potential as the universe and then some, what’s stopping them from creating an alternate reality :))

Which might a different pantheon or world where gods (besides them) don’t exist

2 Likes

Their own reality? Nice!

1 Like

I can’t progress in the story anymore it won’t let me it just keeps saying that that line doesn’t exist and I can’t do anything afrer that what’s wrong?

is that the scene where the MC is in the medical bay in Olympus?

if so, it’s a known bug. you just have to wait for Rohie with the revamp.

1 Like

It’s a very well known bug!

2 Likes