Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Am assuming that’s the reason why he had to leave in the prologue. It was either him being summoned or him having to cover so he could be more free to see you at a later date

Which might also explain the distantness Alice would have in that scene and why she scoffs at him for “doing what’s best for the MC”

2 Likes

I usually kill the brother.

It’s same either way

At least if I kill him, at least there’s just cause for her to hate the MC.

That will come later. We know that MC will be facing trial for this. And back in the day, most of us agreed that it’s probably going to be a kangaroo court of some degree, given the usual power struggle, hoaxes and shenanigans of the Olympus.

At this point of the story, what we did that night doesn’t matter (besides for the Daddy choice) since there is no proof of guilt or innocence. The Scooby Gang gives MC the benefit of the doubt, but Sage is convinced that we are guilty. So yes, she hates us by default.

3 Likes

Sounds about right, considering that she’s basically a total stranger.

She had no trouble giving Saint away, did she want to mother us, I don’t know. She didn’t really bother with Saint and as far as we know he’s just an “ordinary” elite demigod. But maybe we were mommy’s little favourite, maybe it would have been a reverse of the Hades and Aeson situation where we’re clearly daddy’s unfavourite.

In any case she probably wouldn’t have been “mother of the year” material in any case, so the real question is would she have been better then Athena for the mc to grow up with?

Anyway it is too late now, particularly with mother dearest on account of her being dead and all. Unfortunately for her and my mc that means they can only meet in the underworld and seeing how that is under “daddy” Hades’ control my mc wouldn’t be very talkative because he would assume any “meeting” with mom is a stupid bit of trickery by Hades and very much not real.

5 Likes

Will the MC get to meet mom?

I love the fact that everyone seems to call the team of calypso, saint, Adonis, Aeson, and the MC the Scooby gang. It feels just like Buffy.

1 Like

You know what? I forgot all about Saint’s ass, haha. I can only go by the flashback scene we were given so I can’t speak on if she wanted to raise Saint or not either. Maybe there was some reluctance in that instance as well, who knows? I wonder if he’s had the chance to meet her already though, considering we don’t know how long after our birth she died or if Hades allowed him to meet her in the Underworld.

I feel like Priscilla would’ve been a more ruthless, highly intelligent, cunning, go-getter version of Athena. We might not have been stalked, targeted, and homeless if we had lived with Priscilla from the start. She seem’s like a no bullshit type of woman who’s dangerous in her own way because she knows how to play her cards right up to a certain extent. Which would make sense as to why some love her and other’s hate her.

3 Likes

You can’t really be more ruthless, intelligent or cunning then Athena that should be impossible for any mortal, though she may have tried to look out for our best interests a bit more, but in all likelihood that would have to large extent meant growing up on Olympus in its warped environment and with its warped cultural notions. The only way my mc would have considered that a reasonable trade off the youth he did have would be if avoiding that blocker spell would have meant he would have been at least as tall as Saint and not the runt among his “brothers”.
And/or if it not learning “magic” from Athena’s books would have meant we actually had some degree of control over our supposed powers the same way Aeson apparently taught himself, it’s my theory that we go about harnessing the essence the wrong way by trying to shape it into “magic spells” and that is what causes our pain, spasms and general lack of control over and finesse with our “powers”.

4 Likes

Eh, I like Athena, but she’s not that damn ruthless, intelligent, or cunning because otherwise she wouldn’t have gotten caught in my opinion. Instead, she would’ve killed whoever snatched her away - unless it was a God/Goddess who snatched her up which would instead turn into WWIII or at least it should - and we would’ve moved away none the wiser to what had transpired. I know she’s not invincible and we had a good thirteen years beforehand, but unless it was a God/Goddess who confronted her I don’t see how she didn’t knock them out or kill them.

We also could’ve done what Aeson did with his mother as an alternative. Live with Priscilla on Earth, the Gods/Goddesses are aware of this, and Hades checks in on a regular basis with us.

Is it possible that we wield more power than Aeson? Or it could still be a side effect from the blocker spell? I mean we had control when we did a spell that made everyone shut up, so maybe we could just be harnessing it in the wrong way like you said or maybe it’s a mix of all three.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure how well that would have worked out, she doesn’t seem to have been natural at this “mother” thing or a very maternally inclined figure.
But again, we don’t know, maybe she would at least have tried with us, unlike with Saint, what the results of that would have been are anybody’s guess though.

I think that’s where the damned blocker and our likely problems came from in the first place “daddy” Hades and I think he put it there after deciding Aeson was the better investment of his time.

You’re right that this is a bit of a departure from the Athena we all know and fear from the myths and legends.

No, if anything we wield far less, at least before our damnable 18th birthday.

Our current complete and utter lack of control is likely a side effect of the removal of that blocker spell. Our lack of finesse and constant pain when using our powers even when we did have some control prior to that blocker removal were likely effects of trying to harness our “powers” the wrong way by forcing them into the shape of magic spells from Athena’s books. Which is either an honest mistake by Auntie or a deliberate effort by her or Hades or both of them to gimp our powers and make us a more easily controlled tool.

Whatever the truth I think we have learned the wrong habits and we won’t have time enough to unlearn them before our birthday. I for one don’t like to imagine the constant pain that trying to use our full essence powers after that birthday is going to cause our poor mc’s. It’ll be like constantly giving birth at the very least, not to mention the pain from it constantly trying to corrode our body from the inside. :fearful:
Frankly I think the few Bearers who survived past their 19th birthday for more then a year eventually killed themselves just to be rid of the constant, unbearable pain. :thinking:

1 Like

got stuck on the game heres were it starts of as You stand there for gods know how long until you finally manage to tear your eyes away from the mirror. You can’t believe it. This isn’t you. This must be another dream. You must still be dreaming.

A click sounds off and the door slowly eases open, and you quickly turn toward it, your muscles tensing.

A blonde girl, about the same age as you, steps through the doorway, humming a tune. She stops abruptly and drops her clipboard when she sees you. Her eyes widen.

“Oh, crap,” she says, pausing. “You’re awake!”

She reaches down to pick up the clipboard, her wide blue eyes never leaving your face. When she stands back up, she is still gaping at you. But, you note, there is an underlying fear underneath her awe. She nervously fiddles with the lining of her white scrubs for a second, then makes her way over to the desk, bravely leaving her back exposed to you.

When she finally turns around to look at you, she asks, almost eagerly, “How are you, Mia?”

{tafter that in the answering box were you get to pick what you say whatever i pick of the choices it allways pops up saying line 109: Not a number: false so i am guessing that part of the chapter needs fixing.}

This is a bug that’s been brought to the author’s attention multiple times :~) They know abt it, it’ll be fixed with the next update. In a thread so big, it’s often helpful to use the search function, which is the little magnifying glass icon on top.

The title, someone, please lmfao.

5 Likes

As much as tempting to just do it, are we allowed to do that?

We’d have to have Rohie’s permission, and someone who’s a regular would be able to do it.

But @Rohie seems busy though

A reference to a post containing the known bugs actually was in the thread title for a long time, won’t deter new users from repeatedly asking the same question. Besides unless the bugs are mentioned either in the very first or the very last post Discourse itself makes it hard to browse to a specific post. Particularly on “smart” phones.

Short of putting a bug list or a link to one in the original post there’s not going to be an elegant solution here I’m afraid.

2 Likes

guess this game is going to be on pause then until he sorts out the game since you cant go any further into this game until that bug gets sorted out

Didn’t Greeks have a thing for mortals being better than Gods (in their areas) occasionally and being punished for it?

1 Like