Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I don’t actually thinks she ‘takes care of him’ the way Athena took care of us, for example. Or took, for tht matter. I just think they grew closer as he grew a little older.

1 Like

The point is: After a certain while Persephone grew into a motherrole for Aeson, and Aeson grew comfortable enough arpund her to call her mother. Sorry that I don’t word it exactly that way every time I write about it, but I thought that part was obviously.

1 Like

What’s with the attitude? You need to chill, haha.

We don’t know how their relationship developed into a close relationship. She sure as hell didn’t breast feed him, change his diapers, teach him how to walk etc. She might feel hurt that her son calls another woman “Mother.” We don’t know but it’s possible. Some mother’s in real life would not be okay with that.

1 Like

Sorry, but if a person’s ego is more important for them as their child being happy, they probably shouldn’t have children. (This is with having specially in mind that Aeson didn’t call Persephone from the get go mother, but needed as far as we know much time to get there. It wasn’t “oh mother is dead time to search a new one” it was years of growing close together and probably mourning his biological mother during that time)

2 Likes

A person’s ego? Her feelings have to do with her ego? If she’s hurt because she doesn’t want Aeson to call someone else “Mother” she’s being egotistical? She’s his mother, she has the right to feel hurt if she does. I’m talking about her feelings, not her rising from the dead and criticizing Aeson thinking she’s better than Persephone.

2 Likes

Of course it’s egoistical (and yeah just because a person feels a certain way doesn’t mean they are in the right, so yes, feelings most certainly can be egoistical). If wanting to feel “respected” for bringing up a child would be more important as said child getting the right to one day getting over it’s parents dead, than it is egoistical.

And just by the way we never met Aeson’s mother nor do we have much information about her. The person that knows her best of the cast are Aeson and Hades, and honestly I think Aeson would have not started to call Persephone mother if he thought his mother would be hurt by it. (At least considering the way he talks about her)

1 Like

I said it was disrespectful though. I didn’t say she wanted to feel respected and she clearly didn’t either. So, no she’s not being egotistical. He can get over her death, but in my opinion it’s disrespectful when this woman raised him. He knew her and grew up with her for eight years. Yes, we don’t know her or how she would feel, but I’m speaking on how I view it to be disrespectful.

Well, just how we don’t know much about his mother or how she would feel we don’t know if he took into account her feelings. Not everyone would be hurt, but there are people who wouldn’t want their child referring to someone else as “Mother” or "Father. It’s not egotistical, it’s because that’s not their mother or father biological and they have a one who raised them already.

3 Likes

If she didn’t care anyway, in what way would it be disrespectful? For whom?

Yes, because that’s the only thing that matters. /s
It doesn’t. You seem to assume that Mother or father are titles that can be given away only once or otherwise they would lose part of their meaning (like some people treat the words “true love”), but that’s not the case. Aeson calling another person mother doesn’t take away anything from his biological mother also being just that. It’s not him disrespecting the things she did for him, it’s just recognizing that Persephone by now did as much things for him that qualify her as a mother.

Honestly if the MC should get the option to “question” Aeson about it I hope they get remembered that sometimes people better should stay on their own lane… Especially when ut comes to something as complicated/personal as family dynamics :unamused:

1 Like

We’ve both acknowledged that we’ve never been introduced to this character so we don’t how she would feel. I said it was disrespectful and I was speaking from my personal opinion. I never said she felt it was disrespectful. It’s possible it could hurt her feelings considering that’s her child calling another woman “Mom.” but that’s just speculation.

Why are you stating things like I actually said them? I never said that. Was that sarcasm?

Neither is your statement the case. I don’t know if you’ve read what I said to @gia but if Aeson had gone with not knowing his mother like the MC and wasn’t raised by her, I wouldn’t view it as disrespectful. Persephone in that situation would be his only mother figure. She would be the one who took care of him and raised him, so that would be his mother regardless of whether they shared blood or not.

She hasn’t though. She didn’t breast feed him, change his diapers, teach him how to walk, nor did she raise him from infant to child.

It doesn’t and that’s not my point. That’s just not something I would personally do. I have a mother, she raised me, and took care of me so that’s my mother. Persephone didn’t do all that his mother has done.

With the amount of people inserting themselves in the MC’s life and judging them for shit they don’t know about, they need that reminder too. At least the MC would actually ask the question instead of assuming something negative about Aeson as a person. It’s not like the MC would be involving themselves in family drama or something. It’s not that deep, it’s a question. I don’t think he’s a bad person for it or that he shouldn’t be able to call her that if he wants to, I just think it’s disrespectful because he has a mother he knows that raised him and I’m thinking of what she might feel. That’s not something that I would do, so I would want to understand his reasoning better, hence the MC asking him why.

4 Likes

That’s…not things that make a mother. That’s something that basically every caretaker could do without building up a (that deep) mother-child bond.

Here we will have to agree to disagree. I see nothing wrong or disrespectfully in an eight year old child after their mother died over the course of years growing comfortable enough with their now mother figure to call them mother, if they feel like it. The dead anyway can’t care anymore and for said child it may gives a feeling of closure/security/belonging or just the feeling to recognize what their step-mother did and means to them. That’s not my place to call such a personal decision disrespectful.

2 Likes

Well my mc does hold a fairly large amount of bitterness and resentment towards Aegon, less so jealousy, except about the fact that Aeson actually has good subtle control over his magic, while my mc is very much stuck at the weak and erratic and unpredictable stage when it comes to the “magic” or the essence.
For the rest with the old rewrite the worst sting has already been taken out of the physical situation, it is still a bit frustrating for my mc that both of his brothers are built like well Greek gods, while he’s fairly average but at least now he knows he could have had a physique like that if actually had enough time to work-out for it and he simply hasn’t had the time to do that between being on the run and just surviving.
The most aggravating thing for my mc however is the fact that he literally has to always look up to Aeson and Saint because he’s the unremarkable runt of the family, so that makes their height the one thing he really is jealous, plus for Aeson only add his flawless control over his “magic” to that.

Never said that’s what makes a mother but it does go with being a mother to your child. Me listing what his mother has done was me saying that Persephone didn’t do any of this. His mother has done what Persephone has done. Since you said she’s done “As much.” Although, this is still speculation because we don’t know the depth of either of his relationships with these women and how the relationship played out completely.

That’s basically what it’s going to be. If he wants to he has that right, but I personally view it as disrespectful.

Okay, the dead can still care whether they’re alive or not. In my opinion the dead is not truly dead. I believe in reincarnation. There’s a difference between viewing something as disrespectful and being disrespectful towards that person for their decision. Like I said, that’s fine if he wants to because he has that right, but I still view it as disrespectful. It’s not wrong for me to want to know why he calls this woman his mother when he has one and has known her. It’s not wrong for a parent to feel hurt by this. Just how he’s not a bad person for calling Persephone his mother. I’m not talking about him being eight years old because he clearly didn’t start feeling a connection with her or calling her that right off the bat. We don’t know what age he started referring to her as his mother, not to my recollection at least.

Maybe, but it also wouldn’t be wrong for Aeson to answer to such a question with “mind your own business”.

Me neither I just put emphasis on the fact that the moment he lost his biological mother he was eight, what is pretty traumatic, so it would be very understandable that getting to the point to call another person mother was a long way for him.

Yeah, I personally would be happy in that position, as it clearly means that my child got over my death/will be emotionally okay…or at least will get support when needed. (All that assuming the dead would be able to still care, what I really don’t…or that I one day will have children, what’s unlikely for more than one reason).

Not in every case.

Okay, again the attitude needs to chill, take a nap or something. Asking someone, “Why do you refer to her as your mother when you have one?” Isn’t rude. It’s a simple question that doesn’t need the answer you provided.

Even if he didn’t start to call her mother it doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be okay or get over his mother’s death at some point. Him calling her mother doesn’t signify that he’s over his mother’s death though. Some people mourn even when it’s been decades.

Yeah, it’s not every case, but most people adopt children at a younger age to which all of that would be needed so they can have the full experience of raising a child.

Actually I’d feel that it would be an invasion of privacy seeing that you barely know the guy.

Also its his family, his business unless he finds the need to share it.

Its like asking personal questions to someone you just met, I would say a hand full of people wouldn’t answer.

8 Likes

Yeah, but at the dance when you get to question him and ask about his childhood, it’s a pretty valid question once we realize he’s referring to Hade’s wife as his mother. It’s on topic, not out of no where. If he doesn’t want to answer then that’s fine, but it’s not rude to ask.

Not if “daddy” Hades insists in keeping up the “family” crap it isn’t because then my mc will get dragged into it and as the obvious unfavourite at that, which makes any “family” business of Aeson’s very much his business too.

Yeah but it at least means that he has somebody he feels emotionally secure enough to call mother, and that’s at least a good sign, thus for me a reason to be happy about that development. (The maximum to be sad - sad not hurt - about for me would be not be able anymore to fullfill that position myself.)

Yeah…no I think it’s pretty rude, especially because it has a little bit if an accusatory undertone, even if that’s not your intention.

1 Like

I mean, he does have father a though. As long as he’s being taken care of and is treated right, I don’t see why he would need another mother, but I understand what you’re saying. That’s how you feel and that’s fine.

So, If I were to take out the bit “If you already have one.” Would that still be considered rude to you? It’s a question, in real life were able to hear people’s tone of voices. So it shouldn’t come off that way - accusatory - unless they’re hearing shit or they immediately jump to that conclusion. I personally would not be offended by this question. It’s a valid question if you’re having a conversation with a person and you realize they’re calling their step-mother “mother.” when that’s not something you would personally do. Tons of people don’t call their step mother’s “mother.” It’s on topic with the conversation. It’s not out of nowhere.

It’s okay to want insight as to why someone is doing or saying something. That’s not something I would do so I want to understand his reason as to why he does it.

No, but I would still consider it a weird question, mostly because of the short amount of time the MC knows Aeson (if you want it to be asked at the party), and I also think it’s one of those question to which no one is entitled to get an answer.

1 Like