Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Just went through part of a playthrough. When I read this in my e-mail, my first thought was that it was Hermes (I was probably mixing that up with the father of Sage and Saxon). According to the game, though, in theory (and I hope I didn’t forget some bit of info), they’re an independent group of demigods. I think they just get orders from the gods themselves and not a specific one.

[quote]
“How do you justify the lack of oversight?”

“If you were aware of the disappearances among the Seekers, why did you continue sending them after me?” [/quote] (and so on) Yet another reason both of my MCs don’t completely trust the Gods. They can come to Earth in their non-godly forms and impregnate mortals, but they had this happen under their watch.

[quote]The Trials:
I feel the MC should be going over the basics of the Trials with the gods, not the Scooby gang, since the gods are the ones who insist on MC’s participation.[/quote] Tell that to the other half of the gods. Maybe 16 years or so is an afterthought to them, but something like this (intentionally creating a Bearer and Bestower and the implications that come from it) should’ve been done with either more consensus or an agreement that, once it was done, the responsibility of their existence would be on all of the gods. And given the fact that the gods all have their own agendas, it’s doubtful how useful their advice would ultimately be. At least the “Scoobies” bother with telling the MC anything.

Not sure if I’ll actually post a response to Rohie’s original question(s), though.

Maybe I’m taking the 10% thing to literally, but does that mean that demigods born earlier had more of the essence then those born in modern times. That might explain how some gods had children with humans who were gods (i.e. Boreas and Orithyia, who I believe was human, had Chione, who was the goddess of snow).

Maybe I’m completely misunderstanding this, so I thought I’d ask

1 Like

Hm. Maybe you’re right. I’d have expected Saint to be smaller, though.

Saint is canonical a giant…(Edit: okay looking at the heights in cm maybe not a giant, but still pretty tall? At least in comparison to the most of the other characters…not including Aeson. …but certainly including my MC )

12 Likes

I stand corrected, then. :blush:

Can we still hookup with Hermes or Apollo I looked back and saw where you said it might be an option.

4 Likes

@Misa101

If I’m remembering it correctly, it was said you can flirt with them, but they weren’t actual ROs that the Bearer can get with. Only Aeson, Calypso, Adonis, Sage, Avery, and Santiago are the ones that the Bearer can enter a relationship with (though you can make the Bearer have implied feelings for either Helen or Paris, which likely means you can have their past lives have feelings for certain characters that existed during that particular lifetime) Here’s a quote on it matter.

Can we romance Sage if we kill her brother? I’m guessing it’s a huge No but it’d be nice.

@Ylva

According to @Rohie, you can romance her whether you have killed her brother or not. It was mentioned that anyone who romances her will benefit from keeping an open mind.

How the romance itself will develop is anyone’s guess at the moment. :sweat_smile: Though I imagine that whether you choose to spare or kill her brother will have some type of impact that will effect the way the romance progresses.

4 Likes

Well, that’s one way of getting your in-laws off your back. Hue.

4 Likes

I finally decided to join so I could post. Seems fair, since I’ve been lurking around here for ages. I’m very new, so if you see me around the forums doing something I shouldn’t, please feel free to call me out.

So I came across this a few months back and I’ve probably played through the whole wip at least three times and wanted to share my thoughts! The writing is very compelling, the pacing is pretty good, and I love all the NPCs so far- they’ve all got awesome and distinct personalities. (Sidenote: I was completely charmed by Calypso the first time I played and haven’t managed to resist her since. :heart_eyes: Sigh. Hopefully I’ll explore the other LIs down the line.)

Also: thank you @Rohie, for giving us biracial folks some representation! high five. I just have one suggestion: would you maybe consider adding Indian as one of the race/ethnicity options?

9 Likes

I’ve already mentioned it before, but I think it would be better to include ‘South Asian’ rather than just ‘Indian’. It is more inclusive.

Yeah, South Asian is more appropriate here. Indian isn’t an umbrella term.

Actually, I believe “Asian” could be split into East Asian, South Asian, and maybe South-East Asian(if pacific islander doesn’t already cover that, I have no idea)

Pacific Islander and SEA are very different. They’re both umbrella terms, but they don’t reference the same groups of people @ all :~) One of my Bearers is mixed, but the other is Afghani which yes, is Asian, but isn’t really wht comes to mind when you think of tht ‘label’ (which, O.K, is a problem) so it’d be nice to see them split up like tht but it’s entirely cosmetic. I don’t think your appearance will be referenced in game again, but ethnicity might be of potential importance because of Saint and Priscilla.

Also! Off topic lmfao but I wonder if we’ll ever be able to have some sort of pet mythical creature I.E a chimera, or a griffon ETC. Rohie’s already referenced mythical creatures frm different regional myths, and some of those creatures step on one another’s toes (they’re basically the same with super minor differences) so I doubt we’ll be seeing anything in depth because it might get way too complex but! I hope, kind of :tiger:! Or any pet, really.

Although mostly cosmetic, haha, but this game, it seems cosmetics have a larger impact cuz of these two.

Forgive me, I know not what pacific islanders are like T_T

But yeah, Asia’s probably the most diverse continent around…

Yeah, you’re right! South Asian would be a better umbrella term. I see now why Indian would be too specific. :smile:

I guess they could do it like Tin Star, where the pet is optional and a minor part of the story, but still occasionally referenced and you have the option of interacting with it sometimes.

5 Likes

I was under the impression that that was what Harris was for.

4 Likes

Well, she does appear to be one step away from following the PC around like a lost puppy…

3 Likes

This reminded me of smth else, too. You can’t really tell wht ethnicity someone is just by looking @ them, like the Bearer does when they first meet Saint. Sometimes it’s clear enough, but most of the time there’s no real way of discerning someone’s ethnicity just by looking at them. You also run the risk of buying into the idea tht all people of a particular ethnicity look the same. Particularly when you’re using an umbrella term! Tht’s a vast amount of people, all frm different ‘regions’ with differing cultures etc etc. There’s nothing tht ties all ‘South Asian’ people together, just like there isn’t anything tht ties all ‘Pacific Islanders’ together, other than the shared virtue of inhabiting the same place, OFC.