Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

there are studies that shows that with same description of skin tones People tend to think in the race they have .

2 Likes

Yeah warm brown skin gave me the impression that she had tan-ish skin. But this is just my impression.

3 Likes

Well the nationality changed as she is now from… Eritrea, I think? But she is supposed to be (part) black… even when getting that across still seems to be a struggle.

Considering some things I heard people of color say about the topic I’m not sure if people think default about their own race, or about the race they are more used to see in similar roles in narratives/media? Of course neither can I speak from own expirience nor am I familiar with the studies you bring up so all I can do is trust to what people more qualified to talk about this topics tell me. (And hope they tell me when I’m wrong)

Anyway considering how rare representation is for some groups I think it’s worth trying to make things like race as clear as possible. Well…if people still don’t get it, those who get it can at least point them to the textual proofs.

4 Likes

This is fantastic! I like the coloring in the second one and the muscle detail in the first one.

1 Like

I’ve thought about this idea for a trial before - not suggesting Rohie should implement this, but I just wanted to share it and see what ya’ll think of it.

Anyways, I was thinking that Ares or Aphrodite’s trial could be where we are in this induced illusion. Example : We get drugged - haha, again! A who did it mystery - and it’s supposed to induce multiple scenes for us to test how it would affect us emotionally, mentally, and physically. To see how we would act also action wise, would we attack - or attempt to - the person or would we just break down.

An example of what I’m trying to explain : We could wake up feeling groggy with a horrible headache and discover that we’ve been chained to a metal chair or shackled to a stone wall. We see Athena or Hades get murdered in front of us by some random person and the options on how to react could be…

You watch on in panic struggling to get out of your confines. His/Her hand inches closer with the knife poised to stab Athena/Hades in the throat and you scream, “No! No! Please!” The mystery motherfucker jams the knife into Athena/Hades throat and with widened horrified eyes you let out the most gut wrenching scream.

Something like that, I tried. I think I wrote it alright…yeeeeah, don’t judge me. That’s just a scene for the people who would actually care about them being murdered otherwise the other options could be:

Look on with a gleeful expression as you witness his/her death.
Laugh with joy, “I don’t give a fuck, try again mothersucka.” :joy:
“Okaaay.” You said with shocked eyes.

Then in the real world we’re actually being watched by the other contestants and the God’s and Goddesses. Their seeing us react this way in real life. They’ll know who it is we’re seeing being killed because they voted on who it should be and what we should experience in this induced illusion. Our essence could act out of control and start attacking the people watching, thinking that in actuality we’re attacking the person who murdered Athena/Hades.

I think this would be an interesting, emotional, and exciting scene. I don’t know I tried my best to explain and write this shit out, haha.

I just realized after I wrote this that this sounds like what they did in Divergent to determine what faction you belong in. I mean, there’s differences though…>.>

4 Likes

Not trying to be rude but really over done. Not only divergent. But is a typical idea of Cyberpunk/steampunk dystopic genre so much that even I have it in my own wip knowing it as a Parody . Matrix teachings … Even several Star Trek episodes in fact there is a Original Star trek episode similar including some Aliens saying we are old Greek gods and there is dreams and that.

Other Star trek episode is exactly as you described except the illusion dream was about a Wild west murder when Kirk and people believe they were in west Spock With pure logic discovery they were in an indoctrinated scene.

Next generation used it too in at least three episodes…

Sorry about that. But I don’t think that in a game were magic exist need dreams and less Ares who have zero control about dreams That’s Apollo domain

2 Likes

Haha, nahh it’s fine. It’s not rude in my opinion. It just seems factual, so it’s cool. Although, I didn’t realize how common that might be…I only know of Divergent that did it but I’m not surprised.

It’s not a dream though it’s an induced illusion. I mean, I suppose that’s the same as a dream except we were drugged and it’s intentional with bad intentions in a sense. I’ma actually edit that in the post and put “induced illusion” instead. Ares seems pretty ruthless in a sense, so I could see him do that and since Aphrodite likes to involve herself in other people’s business with her nosy ass I could see her do that just to either interfere or because she’s curious. Thanks for answering cause I was curious how y’all would view that.

1 Like

Induced illusions are Apollo domain same as future reading

2 Likes

He also handles plague.

1 Like

Apollo does everything on a lyre … just saying.

1 Like

I made an Aeson moodboard a while back! I just got around to asking someone to turn it into an actual singular image. Adonis will follow, and then Calypso and Saint :~) I want to wait until we know more abt the others to do theirs. Anyway, the beach is there for character related reasons(tht I’m not sure I’m allowed to tell y’all). The model’s Xavier Serrano. You can view the full size, better resolution version on my tumblr!

16 Likes

So i just remembered, replaying this again. I gotta ask did the MC kill that bully?

I got the impression that the MC killed the bully. Either that or knocked them unconcious.

Probably not because then we’d have cops to deal with too and the game never gave any indication that we were wanted for murder other than Saxon’s murder if the MC chooses to kill him.

8 Likes

I’ll probably add to this if I come up with more ideas, but this is what I currently have:

Possible spoilers ahead

[details=1.]Questions at the Summoning:

The Seekers:
“Who is in charge of the Seekers?”

“How do you justify the lack of oversight?”

“If you were aware of the disappearances among the Seekers, why did you continue sending them after me? Did you just cross your fingers and hope that one of them would manage to find and drag me back to Olympus before they became the next missing persons case?" Express disapproval at the gods’ callousness.

Regarding the Seekers’ unsuccessful attempts to find MC: “If getting me to Olympus was so important, why didn’t you look for me yourselves?” Admonish the gods for their arrogance, if that was what kept them from doing something as ‘menial’ as a retrieval mission. (This is assuming the gods didn’t look for MC themselves)

“Do you have any idea what the cause of their strange behaviour might be?” Hint at possession if that was MC’s original hypothesis

“Now that you know the Seekers are acting up, what do you plan to do about it?”

The Trials:
I feel the MC should be going over the basics of the Trials with the gods, not the Scooby gang, since the gods are the ones who insist on MC’s participation. Though I suppose being forced to get information from the Scoobies could contribute to the whole Underdog!MC vibe (because heaven forbid anyone tells MC anything). But if you do go this route…

“What are the Trials exactly?” / “What do they consist of?”

“How long will it take to complete the Trials?” (days/weeks/months)

“Who’s participating in the Trials?” with the following a potential response: “So you’re ok with potentially sending your kid to their death”—>can be either a statement or a question Cue contemptuous smile or incredulous look

“What’s the prize for winning?”

“How much time do I have to prepare?”

Hades/Athena:
“Why did you (Hades) leave?” based on whether Hades tells MC of the Council’s interference during MC’s initial reaction to seeing him

Directed at the Council: “Why did you keep Hades from seeing me?”

“I’ve noticed Athena isn’t here. Where is she and why isn’t she here?” Alternatively, MCs could figure out Athena’s identity, based on Saint and Calypso’s reaction when MC brings up Alice, the revelation concerning Hades/Henry’s true identity (if Hades helped raise me, could other gods be involved in my upbringing as well?) and by drawing parallels between Alice/Athena’s absence and personality (according to the description Saint gave of her during the Q&A in Athens and MC’s own knowledge of Alice’s personality). MC could ask why Athena raised them and express rage when they learn of the reason for Athena’s absence, because how dare you take away my family (and subject her to Tartarus)! and/or no thanks to you, I’ve spent the past three years wasting away on the streets.

Others
“Will I live at the Institute?” / “Do I have to live at the Institute?” For those who headcanon their Bearer already having a stable(ish) home they don’t want to leave or just not wanting to live on Olympus

“Do I have to attend classes?” For the Bearers who want to attend school in the mortal world, don’t want to attend school in general, or wish to avoid being on Olympus as much as possible.

“You mentioned two people earlier; the Bearer and the Bestower. Who is the Bestower? Are they on Olympus? When will I meet them?”

In response to the gods’ distrust:

My MC doesn’t care that the gods distrust him. In his opinion, they are free to feel however they wish about him because

a) they’re unfamiliar with him and they don’t have any real reason to trust him
b) their wariness is understandable; if he was in their position, he would be equally suspicious, because who in their right mind would trust a hormonal seventeen year old with anxiety with the power to obliterate the entire universe?
c) he doesn’t exactly trust them either

However, that doesn’t mean he’s happy about being insulted and threatened by Ares and Hera. So the option to calmly trade barbs with the two of them and to tell Ares to back off when he threatens Hades, would be great. He would have ignored Aphrodite, Hestia, and Hephaestus.

Bargaining for MC’s assistance:

My MC would ask to be left to his own devices whenever he wasn’t attending classes or participating in a trial. This includes being given the freedom to wander the mortal world and Olympus as he pleased–without a chaperone. Whether this request is accepted or denied could be influenced by the God’s trust bar.

He would also like a promise that the gods will not interfere with his life nor attempt to drag him into their problems post-war. Whether or not the gods keep their word is another issue I won’t get into.[/details]

[details=2.]At the ceremony:
Current questions are fine, but perhaps have the option to ask ROs if they want to win the Trials (like you can with Santi). Have the ROs ask MC questions too in order to avoid feeling like MC is interviewing them.

Also, how would Aeson/Saint/Cally/Donny feel if they were forced to kill each other in order to win the Trials?[/details]

[details=3.]Talking with Father-dearest:

How did he feel when he learned Athena kidnapped MC?

(Father= Hades/Poseidon) What was his reaction to Athena’s sentencing (and the impact on MC it implied)? (Father= Zeus) Why did he sentence Athena to Tartarus? (Father= Poseidon) Did he agree with the decision?

(Father= Zeus/Poseidon) How much does he know about MC’s life with Athena? His opinion on Hades’ involvement in MC’s upbringing.

(Father= Hades) Why did he help Athena raise MC? What happened to him after he left? Does Persephone know he is MC’s father?

How much does he know about MC’s life on the run?

What does he think of MC’s chances of winning the Trials?

Priscilla
How did they meet?

How long had they known each other?

What was their relationship like?

What was she like? Does she and MC share any characteristics? (personality check)

What happened to her?[/details]

[details=4.]
Possibility of death due to accumulation of choices during the trial–> gives players agency[/details].

9 Likes

Wooo Happy Easter Sunday!

So far sadly, I’ve found myself unable to comit to a set Aeson design, but while I try I have an armoured version to build some suspense.

Also some Sage, because I love them both.

Bonus:

A cookie if you can figure out who are the other two people in this pic :full_moon_with_face: (Even if it is slightly obvious)

10 Likes

Hi loving the game so far two questions what do I do to get a different God as the dad? I only get Posideon and when is the next update

The current version of the demo is bugged. Players will only get Poseidon as their father right now. Hopefully the next version will fix this problem.

1 Like

It’s a little odd to see Sage wearing an expression that doesn’t have anything to do with insane bloodlust, but still, nicely done.

The snooty-looking fella on the left is probably Santiago, judging by his expression. The man on the right is trickier, but given his revealing clothes and the strategically-placed popsicle, I’d guess it’s Adonis.

Do I get a cookie?

4 Likes

I think that’s Saint…the hair somewhat gives it away…

7 Likes