Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

If Soren were to discover that Sawyer was alive and well on Olympus, he would be overjoyed and would likely try to search for him after trying to relax a bit. But if he found out that Sawyer had moved on and started to date someone else, saying he’d be heartbroken is an understatement. Even while on the run, Soren refused to open up his heart to anyone else, his heart still loyal to Sawyer even after losing him. And though he would deny it, one might even say that he loved him, despite the two of them still being in their early teens when they were together.

To see Sawyer with someone else would be devastating to Soren. First he’d try to assure Sawyer that it’s fine, really. He’d be trying to hide his emotions, though anyone with working eyes could see that he was hurting. Then he’d try to just get away, not wanting to be around him anymore. Then when he was alone, he’d let the wave of thoughts and emotions hit him. First, he’d feel anger: he’d feel that he had been loyal to him for nothing. He waited, holding onto the slightest hope that they’d be reunited someday, and this was what he got? Then, after cooling down, he’d be sad. The one person he thought could bring him happiness once again was out of his grasp.

Finally, he’d make a silent vow (one that would almost undoubtedly be broken, given some time) to himself to never leave his heart unguarded, for even a moment. He didn’t want to be disappointed again.

oof, that turned out lengthy but that was fun to write!!

4 Likes

My Damon, as far as he’s concerned, sees Athena as his mother.

My female Bearer’s name has changed to Jaehaera.

Wish we had an opportunity to have purple eyes.:wink:

3 Likes

The Eggo has definitely made a resurgence in pop culture.

do you have more cotg fanfiction bec if you do i need it pls

you’re totally welcome! I treasure you and your thoughts too heh :hugs:

sooo it would be more like a…“ghonny”? lol okay I leave that up to you, @MichaelCrank. Gonny with a hard g doesn’t actually sound that bad lol.

Even if Benji found a new best friend I’m sure many of us would react the same way those who went with Sawyer/Aelin would if they found another.

Kasia’s emotions would be a riot of shock, disbelief, relief, hurt, disappointment, sadness, jealousy, and anger.

Okay, well, even though you can draw similarities from meeting Sawyer to meeting Aunt Alice and Uncle Henry, you can’t really expect the reactions to be the same.

Towards Uncle and Auntie, Kasia was more surprised than anything. She didn’t really have any anger, just twinges of disappointment over broken promises.
Well, okay, maybe a bit of resentment over leaving her to fend for herself on the run. She understands their reasons though, so water under the bridge.

But with Sawyer? Hah, hard to justify having another girlfriend. Moving on? LOL GIVE IT A TRY AND SEE HOW THAT GOES.

Kasia’s point of view would be like, “No one forced you to move on and find someone else. I swore off trying to find another for so long because of you! Even though I thought you were DEAD! I LITERALLY JOINED THESE TRIALS TO RESURRECT YOU OMG AND YOU FIND SOME OTHER GIRL!??!!!”

EDIT: this makes her even more furious when she remembers that she laid two lives on the line for him (hers and Aeson’s).

Sawyer, be prepared for a barrage of questions. Kasia will interrogate you to the death (okay wait that’s funny lol) so u better honestly not have known she was the Bearer or that she was one day going to make it to Olympus.

I wish you all the best luck in the world, gods know you’ll need it to face Kasia Angelis.

3 Likes

Ahem…well…
Now that you mention it…I’ve actually been writing something small…though I’ve recently hit a snag… :thinking:

I’m hoping to have it done by the 14th, when the Art & Appreciation Event is happening though! And I’ll be sure to post a link to it on here.

2 Likes

Wait, you write fanfics?
And assuming by Violet’s message, you’ve written several others?
Where? When? Gimmie the link please

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t write much, and so far I’m only working on the one CotG fic (unless I sudden go insane and write a longfic dedicated to one of the MCs), and my AO3 literally only has the one fanfic…

And I think we were just referring to my tendency to make little scenelettes such as this:

MC: AESON!
Aeson: Wh-Wha? What’s wrong? Why are you mad?
MC: What the hell were you thinking when you posted this??? [shoves phone in face]
Aeson: What? What’s wrong with me eating pizza–
MC: PINEAPPLE PIZZA. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME. I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY SOULMATE.

I swear to god this is the last time I’ll make a pineapple pizza joke!! :joy:

If you’re really hankering for some fanfic, I wouldn’t mind sending you what I have written so far. Besides, I think I need a new pair of eyes to tell me if there are actual tone shifts or if I’m just being paranoid. :confused:

3 Likes

Don’t worry, you’re not paranoid. You’re probably just high on imagination :upside_down_face:. But seriously, I would love to see your stories.

And if you really are paranoid, then it’s ok. Our friendship is stronger than some weird voices trying to consume your mind and soul.

I support you, and your writing of course.

2 Likes

I haven’t felt this accepted since my friend’s cat laid her paw in my hand. :sob:

Alright, pming you the fic now…friend. [uncontrollable sobbing]

2 Likes

First rule of survival. Always. I repeat. ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE GOD OF WAR FIRST

3 Likes

Speaking of little shorts:

@rose-court, you once said that Damon and Helena would be good friends with each other. But how would she react if Damon refused to let her slip into that state of denial about what she discovered in that journal?

@rose-court

How about no? Lol

Giving this some thought and some pressure from Aegon, he would like everyone to know that he wants to be called “Lord Death, the killer of Titans and Gods.” No compromise here.

warily eyes the sword at my back that Aegon is holding halp…

3 Likes

Ok, I had a little too much fun imagining Helena and Damon interacting with each other, so I offer a very basic writing on their reactions to Priscilla’s journal entry and how they handle it.

(Note: Helena COMPLETELY belongs to @rose-court and I’m writing about my particular Damon. Naturally, @Rohie owns Children of the Gods and @gia has a claim on the creative process of Priscilla’s journal entries).

Breaking Point (a Helena x Damon Friendship oneshot)

“Helena”.

Even as the small girl’s back stiffened, she refused to leave the comfort of the log and their campfire. Normally, this voice made her bubble with excitement and joy. She would sprint to its owner and wrap her arms around his much too giant frame, relishing the warmth and softness that it offered as she buried her face in his chest. His hand would reach forward to tousle her short hair and she would peek up just enough to see black eyes narrowed with affection at her.

But there is no lightness in Damon’s voice now; she could practically feel his eyes gazing sharply at her. And he never used her name like that; she was his ‘Sunshine’, not ‘Helena’. Her own stare remained locked on the campfire, her grip tightening on the accursed object against her chest. Just a little longer. Just a little longer and her fellow Demigod would slip away into the night as he always did. And then she could end this-

“Helena”.

The sudden closeness of the voice startled Helena to her feet, dropping the very object that she didn’t want Damon to see was in her possession.

But Priscilla’s journal now laid between the Zeus Demigods and Helena’s wide eyes were far too honest to hide what her intentions had been for the book.

With great haste, the girl reached frantically for the book just as Damon’s hand claimed a side of his own. Her stomach sunk, her eyes taking in the behemoth before; her obstacle to ending the nightmares formed from the journal’s words.

“Damon let go.”

Helena’s friend remained silent to her shaky plea.

“Damon please! We have to-“

“Pretend we never found this? Delude ourselves into believing Zeus can offer something he couldn’t even give his lover?”

“…”

“Lie to Saint’s face about what we found?”

“…”

“Zeus can’t be what you want.”

The tugging began to start.

“You read how he treated her.”

Helena’s pulling became incessant, the desperation growing more evident.

“Helena-“

SLAP

For a moment, it had been a blur of haste and dread, a desperation to stop the harsh words that were spoken in a for too soft tone. And the next thing Helena knew, she found her hand on Damon’s face, his mahogany skin darkening where she had hit his cheek with all her might. The girl’s face paled at her action and she began to draw away from him.

But a large hand took a light grasp of her arm and stopped Helena’s escape. A gentle tug drew the young girl back and she found herself engulfed in a warmth far too familiar and soft than her actions deserved. As one hand began to rub soothing strokes on her back, Helena peeked up just enough to see Damon’s patient eyes gazing sympathetically at her.

“It’s going to be Ok, Sunshine.”

Damon whispered no more words, calmly soothing the smaller girl even as his face still stung from her smack. His shirt became drenched with wetness where Helena tried to hide her face and muffle her whimpers, but his embrace remain firm in its comfort.

The book felt heavy in his grasp.

5 Likes

@MichaelCrank why did I read that as Killer of Tits?? It’s ok, he can’t kill you, he has to kill everyone who laughed at the Eggo joke first.

@Okami-Nora
That is a fantastic question/prompt and I’ve actually been trying to get my thoughts written out for the past…three hours? Good lord.

But I have to get ready for my class, I just wanted to let you know that I love and appreciate this question so, so much and I will answer it, but probably not until I have free time later today (because it has gotten…long). I just wanted to give you a heads up.

1 Like

OH MY GOD DID YOU JUST

DID YOU JSUT WRITE A FANFIC USING HELENA OMFG

HWO AM I SUPPOSED TO GET READY FOR CHEMISTRY WHEN YOU HAVE GIVEN ME SUCH A WONDERFUL GIFT OMGGGGGGG

I can’t wait to read it when I get hooooooome!!!

2 Likes

Yeah… About that, since I was the one who started the joke, I’m the first but yes Aegon is going to slaughter everyone just for laughing about this.

Killer of tits XD lmao why does that sound like a really bad rated R horror movie?

Okay now I’m gonna have to write my own short fan fic about Aegon since you hooked me with yours @Okami-Nora

4 Likes

Don’t get too excited; the writing is rather rough and basic. :sweat_smile:

I just ended up thinking about that question I wrote to you myself and decided to put up a guess of Helena’s reaction to Damon not letting her deny the truth the journal’s reveal and the reality of what Zeus is incapable of doing. I sort’ve get the feeling she wouldn’t take it too well and may hate Damon for forcefully dragging her out of her illusions.

And tragically enough, Damon would accept that. Just like how he’d never forgive himself if he left someone like Helena to be manipulated by Zeus, he’d never forgive himself if he let her drown herself in her own illusions and lies just to create a bond with a man who didn’t deserve it. So Damon would brutally destroy any dangerous illusions with his own hands just to save a person he cares for…and would be perfectly prepared for the chance that his actions may make them never want anything to do with him ever again.

1 Like

Okay here’s my fan fic!

Summary

After another day of training, Aegon walks in his room, taking off his chest armor piece.

He tosses it to the floor with a loud clang and he collapses on his bed with a heavy sigh.

“Aegon?”

Hearing that familiar voice, Aegon lifted his head from the pillow, standing in the doorway was Calypso looking concerned.

“What?” asked Aegon.

She shifted her foot uncomfortably while looking at Aegon. “I was wondering if you’d like to get something to eat sometime?” she asked in a soft voice.

Knowing what she wanted, Aegon sighed and his head fell back to the pillow, looking at the ceiling.
“Okay. When?”

“Um, tonight? It can just be the two of us. I know you don’t want to be around anyone here.”

Aegon had flashbacks of everyone he met. First, he beat the crap out of Saint during their first meeting. Aeson seemed like a guy obsessed with his image which he hated. Adonis… Ugh, what a creep. Avery… She’s ok. And Sage? Screw her. He was glad to kill her pathetic brother. He was weak.

“I suppose so. I’ll swing by your room when I’m ready. Say 8?”

Calypso smiled and walked away from Aegon’s room.

He shifted his gaze from the ceiling to the spot Calypso was standing on…

“I can’t get too close to her… I can’t let her become attached to me…” He sighed and looked at his chest armor piece that he got from Athena.

“Damn me.” He softly whispered as he slowly passed out.

3 Likes

You know, since rooms were brought up, I wonder if we’re still going to room with Harris or if Priscilla’s room is now the Bearer’s room. :thinking:

I mean, if their mom’s room is now their own, the Bearer technically has a great deal more privacy due to it being their own, personal room.

3 Likes

Aeson got a room with Saint right? I’m not sure or can remember if Aeson was even given his own room at all. But yeah Aegon probably would like to have his own room in Priscilla’s old room in order to learn more about her and Zeus. Mainly because he wants to find his major weakness and exploit it for his own personal gain, and that ever since he found out she was alive for the first 7 years of his life, he’s pretty bitter that she wasn’t around for him and that he has a strong suspicion that she may had spent more time with Saint than him.

1 Like

Actually, I think it was stated that Aeson and Adonis are roommates (I think).

3 Likes